Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 20 2013
By: SILVERX200 Survivor 2273 posts

Campaign is Insanely Difficult now.

42 replies 343 views Edited Jan 20, 2013

With all of the changes that have taken place because of Multiplayer it's made solo beyond difficult. Factor in the useless AI partners who die and cannot respawn and you have no way to bring them back, enemies have flawless aim and can kill you in two hits while they can absorb multiple rockets or grenades. Rocket launchers for you have horrible accuracy and when you're being bombarded by shotgun fire, machine guns, and rocket launchers with perfect aim from the enemy it's completely unfair.

The shotgun range for enemies is ridiculous because it can fire the length of a football field, yet you as a player need at least four shots to kill them opposed to their two. The unbalancing is extreme, and if you're playing Mercenary then you are screwed. It's the last trophy I need and there is just no possible way when things are so hard this early on.

I  can't even finish Harvest Season (3rd stage) because of the inept partner AI, no repair tool, barely any rift barrels and they only spawn during enemy attacks. Enemies can destroy a turret in one hit or land and destroy it.

I thought I would try to get the Platinum but I might as well shelve the game because there is just no way with all the changes. Campaign was hard before but now it is simply ridiculous.

The worst part is that the game is stuck like this since it's been abandoned outside of the last small hotfix. Nothing is ever done about the insane difficulty in the campaign or the ability to have a fighting chance.

Message 1 of 43 (343 Views)
Fender Bender
3080 posts

Re: Campaign is Insanely Difficult now.

Jan 20, 2013

This game has a campaign?:smileytongue:

Message 2 of 43 (335 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1319 posts

Jan 20, 2013

I was playing it on Mercaneary (top level of difficulty) just the other day, its actully in a really good place...... depanding your age though you might not have played older games campeign wich were harder then modern day games.

Message 3 of 43 (329 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7276 posts

Jan 20, 2013
Sonic....
Message 4 of 43 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3080 posts

Jan 20, 2013

Southern_DuDe_20 wrote:
Sonic....

BOOM!

Message 5 of 43 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7276 posts

Jan 20, 2013
No. Hedgehog
Message 6 of 43 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6523 posts

Jan 20, 2013
I like a good challenge!
Message 7 of 43 (311 Views)
Fender Bender
3080 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2013

Southern_DuDe_20 wrote:
No. Hedgehog

No he is dead... :smileytongue:

Message 8 of 43 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7276 posts

Jan 20, 2013
Who killed him?
Message 9 of 43 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2496 posts

Jan 20, 2013

SILVERX200 wrote:

With all of the changes that have taken place because of Multiplayer it's made solo beyond difficult. Factor in the useless AI partners who die and cannot respawn and you have no way to bring them back, enemies have flawless aim and can kill you in two hits while they can absorb multiple rockets or grenades. Rocket launchers for you have horrible accuracy and when you're being bombarded by shotgun fire, machine guns, and rocket launchers with perfect aim from the enemy it's completely unfair.

The shotgun range for enemies is ridiculous because it can fire the length of a football field, yet you as a player need at least four shots to kill them opposed to their two. The unbalancing is extreme, and if you're playing Mercenary then you are screwed. It's the last trophy I need and there is just no possible way when things are so hard this early on.

I  can't even finish Harvest Season (3rd stage) because of the inept partner AI, no repair tool, barely any rift barrels and they only spawn during enemy attacks. Enemies can destroy a turret in one hit or land and destroy it.

I thought I would try to get the Platinum but I might as well shelve the game because there is just no way with all the changes. Campaign was hard before but now it is simply ridiculous.

The worst part is that the game is stuck like this since it's been abandoned outside of the last small hotfix. Nothing is ever done about the insane difficulty in the campaign or the ability to have a fighting chance.

That really sucks... I completed the game on Mercenary right after I got the game. Wasn't very hard at all.

Message 10 of 43 (291 Views)
0 Likes