Beats me!
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 43 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2250 posts

Re: Campaign is Insanely Difficult now.

Jan 21, 2013

You can't delete patches without deleting the Game Data file which also deletes any DLC you downloaded. It's possible to also corrupt your Save Data by playing the game with all the patches deleted if you use the file.

I don't want to lose all my save data as well and having to fix what's wrong with the game by deleting things is a headache to begin with.

You can't start building things before triggering enemies because the countdown is active as soon as the checkpoint begins. You're building as the swarms are about to come in and whatever you build is destroyed the second they show up because of the unbalanced AI.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 43 (174 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1172 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 21, 2013

SILVERX200 wrote:

You can't start building things before triggering enemies because the countdown is active as soon as the checkpoint begins. You're building as the swarms are about to come in and whatever you build is destroyed the second they show up because of the unbalanced AI.

Then you're doing it wrong.

A countdown only starts once you have done "something" to trigger it. Like move to a certain spot or activated something or bring down a rig, or beam turret. But it's always because you did the next thing that triggers the countdown. It even tells you what the next trigger is with whatever the current "objective" at the top left of the screen says.

Let's take the mission "Ashes". After the sheriff building is flattened, if you don't meet up with Jonas in the saloon right away you can build up a small fort with beam turrets, auto turrets, repair arms, walls and a bunker in front of the saloon till you reach the build limit. All before you get a single new wave of enemies.

Everything you need to take out the Hawks and any Razorbacks or Ox-Tanks that roll in during the mission. If the first wave after you meet up with Jonas takes out some of these, BEFORE you then meet up with Tilley on the roof of the garage, rebuild, repair and place some mines near where the next wave will come in.

Yes, it takes time for the rift barrels to re-appear but that is what I mean about triggers.

Only when you have done "something", reached the next objective, does it start the countdown for the next wave to start.

With some patience and knowing what not to do right away, the single player is not that hard on any level.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 43 (168 Views)
Survivor
2485 posts

Jan 21, 2013

SILVERX200 wrote:

You can't delete patches without deleting the Game Data file which also deletes any DLC you downloaded. It's possible to also corrupt your Save Data by playing the game with all the patches deleted if you use the file.

I don't want to lose all my save data as well and having to fix what's wrong with the game by deleting things is a headache to begin with.

You can easily copy it to a USB or PS+ Cloud, you can possibly even copy it to another on system user account.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 43 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Jan 21, 2013
What save data from SH is worth keeping? You can't have bacon and sausage with this meal, sir.

this is me helping
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 43 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
151 posts

Jan 21, 2013

Like the saying goes: "If you can't beat them, join em."

stevedann19 wrote: Its not easy getting a real date IRL thats why i feel like burning down a church.
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 43 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8174 posts

Jan 21, 2013

SILVERX200 wrote:

I used to play Killzone 2 SP with all the MP patches deleted.  They nerfed player movement and stuff so I was afraid the MP changes may effect the SP.

Anytime I wanted to play the online again I would redownload the patch.

Never lost any DLC or anything as I have all the KZ2 DLC.

Worst case scenerio you go to your DL list and get back what you wanted, worth it IMO for the originally intended experience.

Games come out and are meant to be played a certain way, then COD nobs come in and complain about everything till the game is nerfed to hell by the devs, its sickening and relates to a previous post here about the way games are now compared to back in the good old days.

Games were hard and we liked them that way, we didnt try to chance the game to suit us, we tried to get better at playing it fairly as it was intended.   Its why i played Warhawk and LAIR with Sixaxis and Proflight, cause that is how it was supposed to be done IMVHO.

All this said i have not even played the campaign for SH yet, I may never.  It seems kinda boring slow and glitchy.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 43 (128 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7275 posts

Jan 21, 2013
Does playing offline deactivate the patches?
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 43 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Jan 21, 2013
No. If you play a game offline without patches, and you prevent it from getting patched then you play the game with build 1.0

this is me helping
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 43 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7275 posts

Jan 21, 2013
Oh. Bummer!
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 43 (102 Views)
0 Likes