Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 12 2013
By: Arron_Rift Uncharted Territory 1225 posts

Did Starhawk finally get the attention of the CoD players?

15 replies 250 views Edited Feb 12, 2013

(This is backstory for those who weren't around, skip to the bottom for my point)

Once upon a time, starhawk was not availible for $20 on the Playstation store. There was no DLC, and those who did own it had to pay the full $60 original selling price for it. The original sales numbers were dismal, and those of us who were around (like me, Pilgrim, Irres, etc.) complained about how this game never managed to catch the attention of the more mainstream gamers. Most of the players you saw were fairly high levels (they'd probably been here since the beginning) and the favorite gametype was probably Zones.

Then many other things happened: updates 1.3 and 1.4 came out, the Grizzlies were unleashed upon the outer spur, Starhawk was set up as $20 psn download, and Starhawk's developer was fired shortly thereafter.

(My point)

This weekend, I noticed that the server list is different then it was back then. TDM and CTF are the main game types, and most players actually seem to be a low level. This brings me to my original question: Did Starhawk finally get the attention of the mainstream players? (better late than never right? :smileytongue:)

--------------( Semi-official Starhawk Suggestion Central (Updated 09-05-12)-----------------

----------------------------------------------------Built to Destroy----------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 16 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Re: Did Starhawk finally get the attention of the CoD players?

Feb 12, 2013
It's been like this for awhile. I still don't think starhawk will ever find it's right audience.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 16 (239 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1282 posts

Feb 12, 2013

I think so. I certainly have seen a lot of CoD fanboys complaining and saying "thls sucks, cod is better" and such.

Sweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet Kitty

Emmett kitty is hungry.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 16 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7275 posts

Feb 12, 2013
Yea. Alot of "Brah, my KDR!"
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 16 (212 Views)
I Only Post Everything
934 posts

Feb 12, 2013
No cause I'm still playing Black Ops 2.
 photo 2lucdp0_zps66052a47.png
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 16 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1043 posts

Feb 12, 2013

I have more than played my share of COD's i still play mw3 from time to time, but I always like other mp online games better. Some of my favorite has been Red Faction Guerrilla, Killzone, MAG, and now Starhawk. I really wish this would get the recognition like some of xbox games get like Halo, or Gears. This game should be in that Tier!

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 16 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1282 posts

Feb 12, 2013
Yeah. People don't understand that if you're a noob, your kdr won't ever be as good as mine. You haf tu stick wit it brah.

Sweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet Kitty

Emmett kitty is hungry.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 16 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2066 posts

Feb 12, 2013

Funny story, Starhawk is still 54.99EUR in Gamestop over here.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 16 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
343 posts

Feb 12, 2013

You cannot understand how much I hate the "But my KDR!" bro's.

The goofs who sit back in a Level 3 base when their team is getting stomped, instead of spawning into a mess of enemies and turrets to claim another zone.  It's also likely the reason that not many people play the small maps (Junction, Glade and Relay), which IMO are by far the most fun and insane. Instead....I swear 60% of the games are BASIN

Also why you have so many well known top players with great stats who do nothing by stay in a hawk the whole game and do nothing towards the objectives (except in maybe TDM)

That's right, I'm calling all of you out who do this. You know who you are.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 16 (169 Views)
Fender Bender
3756 posts

Feb 12, 2013

sickcityxiii wrote:

Also why you have so many well known top players with great stats who do nothing by stay in a hawk the whole game and do nothing towards the objectives (except in maybe TDM)

That's right, I'm calling all of you out who do this. You know who you are.

Not me. Thats for sure.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 16 (135 Views)
0 Likes