Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gaming Beast
1991 posts

Re: Flack Attack!

Apr 10, 2013
I can agree with some of that Audie. My gripe is placing flak turrets in the middle of the map and being able to cover the whole map with them. Their range needs to be cut by about 25% but their damage needs to stay how it is.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 77 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1043 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 10, 2013

Phillyblunz wrote:

Last night the lag was pretty weird.   It would not let me build anything except auto-turrets.

Trying to build a quick wall got me killed almost everytime and no wall would appear, but I could make turrets when-ever I wanted.

You cant really blame players for spamming beam/flak turrets in heavyweight, the only vehicles are the hawk and griz after all, if people do not fly they are forced to either build turrets or die at any moment.

So I agree classic is better then heavyweight every time.

If you make a server where no one allowed to make anti-air turrets, the hawks should not be able to use Flak either.

I actually do not mind the hawk battles when flak isnt the only weapon used.

If you want a hawk on hawk action server make a dogfight or GK match, why would you make a match with ground troops if all you gonna use is a hawk?  Answer is easy A2G kills.  But if they defend themselves with the only weapon which is G2A they are scared and noobs, etc, right?

You hawks pilots it seems are scared of hawks too, LOL.

I still am not that good in a hawk like I said but in two of these loadouts there is the grizzly which can shoot down hawks pretty well, and the beam turrets in classic. True the hawks have the advantage in these loadouts. I am trying to get better in a hawk a2a. joining a dogfight leaves me with no choice but to stay in a hawk the entire time. The problem with HW is flak turrets can completly take the air game out of it unless you put turret jammer on. Usually one side will put alot of the turrets in the middle of the map with bubble shields so the hawks on that team have more of a area to fly without having to use turret jammer. So if no one wants to use hawks just join a GP, arena, lightweight, trooper loadout. When I usually put a server up I run around 7 different loadouts so that it doesn't just benefit a certain play style.

You know no one has to join a server if they don't want to. :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 77 (151 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
48434 posts

Apr 10, 2013

Incendio_Wolf wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:
Yeah cut the flak turret range by 25% and cut the A2G Flak damage by about 50%.  

The grinder could use a 25% cut, too. 

Thems fightin words lil lady :smileytongue:

Hands off my grinda!   

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 77 (149 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8325 posts

Apr 10, 2013

AudieLMurphy1960 wrote:

Phillyblunz wrote:

ArVaDa- wrote:

BlueKnight345 wrote:

ArVaDa- wrote:

bus_driver68 wrote:
The range on flak turrets is just ridiculous. I think the range should be cut by 25%.

heavyweight servers are the laggiest an down right unplayable, especially 32 player servers. Ppl camping in shields in flak turrets get spammed everywhere. Then ppl start laying down air mines and the lag spikes until the xmb kicks start happening. 

Ppl need to make more classic servers, there is a lot less lag.

For sure, I was thinking of putting up a server called the no flack turrets server. I am not that good in the air but flak turrets are truly annoying. Speeder, lone wolf, classic are all good loadouts.

i'd join def. the problem is those loadouts never fill up because of the majority of the ppl out there are scared of hawks. 

You should do a no flak turrets and no shield for hawks tdm. that would be fun. 

Last night the lag was pretty weird.   It would not let me build anything except auto-turrets.

Trying to build a quick wall got me killed almost everytime and no wall would appear, but I could make turrets when-ever I wanted.

You cant really blame players for spamming beam/flak turrets in heavyweight, the only vehicles are the hawk and griz after all, if people do not fly they are forced to either build turrets or die at any moment.

If you make a server where no one allowed to make anti-air turrets, the hawks should not be able to use Flak either.

If you want a hawk on hawk action server make a dogfight or GK match, why would you make a match with ground troops if all you gonna use is a hawk?  Answer is easy A2G kills.  But if they defend themselves with the only weapon which is G2A they are scared and noobs, etc, right?

Murph.jpg For what it is worth the only way to shoot down a good CAF Pilot is with MG and Flack fire. With them spinning like crazy they dodge every missile shot at them. The big Flack guns helps to take away that spinning advantage. If it is all spinners Vs Spinners with no Flack Guns that is fine. When ther is a mix of CAF and AF Pilots and those who stay on the ground then I think that the big Flack Guns help to keep things fair.

By big flak guns you mean the flak turrets right?

If so I of course agree 100%.  In a mode where you can play ground or air, the ground needs something, the only thing they have is fleam turrets.  

Kinda rude to play a mode that has ground and air and tell the ground guys they are not allowed to shoot at hawks, LOL.

It would be fine if hawks were also not allowed to shoot at ground guys.

Which was my point above, why play a mode with ground and air if all you wanna do is fly, and get mad when the ground guys fight back?

Basically if any of you think flak turrets are annoying, how do you think we feel about being dive bombed, LOL.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 77 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8325 posts

Apr 10, 2013

BlueKnight345 wrote:

Phillyblunz wrote:

I still am not that good in a hawk like I said but in two of these loadouts there is the grizzly which can shoot down hawks pretty well, and the beam turrets in classic. True the hawks have the advantage in these loadouts. I am trying to get better in a hawk a2a. joining a dogfight leaves me with no choice but to stay in a hawk the entire time. The problem with HW is flak turrets can completly take the air game out of it unless you put turret jammer on. Usually one side will put alot of the turrets in the middle of the map with bubble shields so the hawks on that team have more of a area to fly without having to use turret jammer. So if no one wants to use hawks just join a GP, arena, lightweight, trooper loadout. When I usually put a server up I run around 7 different loadouts so that it doesn't just benefit a certain play style.

You know no one has to join a server if they don't want to. :smileyvery-happy:

So we agree,

People who like to fly should only play loadouts that do not have flak turrets, and ground guys should only play loadouts that have no hawks, or do have flak/beam turrets, like heavyweight.

It is an elegant solution, I expect no further complaints on the matter from either camp. :smileyhappy:

P.S. The diff between the griz atacking a hawk, and a hawk attacking a griz is the hawk can always, every single time get away easily if they try.

Griz can not 99% of the time.

Hawks can OHK a griz, Griz takes about 4 shots to kill a hawk, if they stick around that long

Also the fact that hawks can attack from straight above and no ground vehicle can shoot straight up, including the griz.

This means in order to actually stay safe the best idea is to place anti-air turrets all around your location which can attack dive bombers at an angle who are straight above you.

Lastly the turret farms can be an issue if your team is all hawks and no one runs turret jammer.

So if no one wants to play ground then join a DF, GK, or AS (I believe air superiority has no anti-air) server.

All you need is a few ground guys(Like TX11 the grinder king) on your team as well as hawks and they will rip down those turrets faster then anyone can build them.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 77 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Apr 10, 2013

The way things are sounding is just like this:

1. I died to The Homing missle, it needs to be nerfed by 50%

2. I died to the hawks flak, the range needs to be nerfed and the spread increased.

3. I died to the troops snap aim, that needs to have its' range decreased by 50 %

4. I died to a flak turrent, the needs to shoot snowballs....

My point is that things MAY need to be rebalanced, or.... people could stop using the exploits of this game. Like bunny hop with snap aim.... CAF flight.... grizzly snap aim... backwards missle lock.... base R A P E new players.... We as a community can fix alot of these problems that everyone has brought up, but we refuse to stop using the exploits.

I feel that the Flak turrets are completely fair and balanced and it teaches a valuable lesson to the SpIn to Win Pilots who think they are unstoppable for using CAF.... so... is now a good time to laugh about the irony?

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 77 (118 Views)
Gaming Beast
1991 posts

Apr 10, 2013
The flak turrets affect the AF pilots as much as the CAF pilots. I still don't see how a flight mode for some people that get motion sick is an exploit. I know several AF pilots that can dodge almost every missle shot at them but I don't cry about an exploit in AF. The top pilots have put in their time to learn how to use their flight mode. Please everyone continue to call it noob flight or what have you and I will call AF pilots idiots for not using noob flight.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 77 (109 Views)
I Only Post Everything
928 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 10, 2013

Phillyblunz wrote:

ArVaDa- wrote:

BlueKnight345 wrote:

ArVaDa- wrote:

bus_driver68 wrote:
The range on flak turrets is just ridiculous. I think the range should be cut by 25%.

heavyweight servers are the laggiest an down right unplayable, especially 32 player servers. Ppl camping in shields in flak turrets get spammed everywhere. Then ppl start laying down air mines and the lag spikes until the xmb kicks start happening. 

For sure, I was thinking of putting up a server called the no flack turrets server. I am not that good in the air but flak turrets are truly annoying. Speeder, lone wolf, classic are all good loadouts.

i'd join def. the problem is those loadouts never fill up because of the majority of the ppl out there are scared of hawks. 

if you are talking about conduit then that is because that map is really glitchy and the weapon redicule like to disapear and it won't let you build buildings sometimes. The way to fix both is open the build menu and do a quick circle or two around the wheel. I learned this from my many cbs on that map lol.

And why make a server with no flak turrets if you are a hawk pilot? Couple of reasons: One DF flak is glitched and cut in half , and with shield in that mode it can be pretty boring having flak that doesn't work right and have people flying around with the same OP shield. Plus these server fill up only once or twice a day with 5-6 ppl tops.

Gatekeeper is by far my favorite loadout because mainly there is no shield anymore. That being said noone ever joines these servers because many can't stay alive in the air due to lack of putting time into learning the air. And those that have learned survival in the air abuse the shield so when they join gatekeeper servers they get frustrated at how many times they are getting shot down because with the shield they are not use to it. 

Anyways when bluenight said he would make a no flak turret server i thought he was talking about like a 16 player server tops with only pilots going at in the air. Considering there is no dogfight tdm in the game it sounded like a good idea.

One last note: I don't mind flak turrets too much. Yes, i think they are nooby beyond believe but they can be countered if you put effort into it. But there is way to many heavyweight servers up with flak turrets that take what little fun their is in the air out of the game. When i join these servers i have to either take off engine mods which makes the hawk even more sluggish in turns let alone speed. Or i can keep engine mods on and dogfight 1 v 8 in most servers above my base the whole time. While all this is going on my team is maxed out in build limit in our hame base hiding behind a bubble shield.

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 77 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1173 posts

Apr 10, 2013

ArVaDa- wrote:

Phillyblunz wrote:

ArVaDa- wrote:

BlueKnight345 wrote:

ArVaDa- wrote:

bus_driver68 wrote:

if you are talking about conduit then that is because that map is really glitchy and the weapon redicule like to disapear and it won't let you build buildings sometimes. The way to fix both is open the build menu and do a quick circle or two around the wheel. I learned this from my many cbs on that map lol.

And why make a server with no flak turrets if you are a hawk pilot? Couple of reasons: One DF flak is glitched and cut in half , and with shield in that mode it can be pretty boring having flak that doesn't work right and have people flying around with the same OP shield. Plus these server fill up only once or twice a day with 5-6 ppl tops.

Gatekeeper is by far my favorite loadout because mainly there is no shield anymore. That being said noone ever joines these servers because many can't stay alive in the air due to lack of putting time into learning the air. And those that have learned survival in the air abuse the shield so when they join gatekeeper servers they get frustrated at how many times they are getting shot down because with the shield they are not use to it. 

Anyways when bluenight said he would make a no flak turret server i thought he was talking about like a 16 player server tops with only pilots going at in the air. Considering there is no dogfight tdm in the game it sounded like a good idea.

One last note: I don't mind flak turrets too much. Yes, i think they are nooby beyond believe but they can be countered if you put effort into it. But there is way to many heavyweight servers up with flak turrets that take what little fun their is in the air out of the game. When i join these servers i have to either take off engine mods which makes the hawk even more sluggish in turns let alone speed. Or i can keep engine mods on and dogfight 1 v 8 in most servers above my base the whole time. While all this is going on my team is maxed out in build limit in our hame base hiding behind a bubble shield.

Quoteception.

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 77 (90 Views)
I Only Post Everything
928 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 10, 2013

someone trying to boost their post count. Don't worry tho southern and supert and the other 15 year olds will kudos your post

Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 77 (88 Views)
0 Likes