Uncharted Territory
1790 posts

Re: From Starhawk to Warhawk...

Jan 21, 2013

IGN just put a video saying that sony will let microsoft reveal its system first.

rndmjosh.png
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 37 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Jan 21, 2013
Saving the best for last!
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 37 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2065 posts

Jan 21, 2013

Maybe they want to see what Microsoft has to offer first. Then try improve on that.

Interested in playing DUST?

Use this recruitment link to get free items once you sign-up: https://dust514.com/recruit/TbXlqE/

Mail me in-game (Knight Soiaire), or, join the 'Learning Coalition' chat channel if you need any help.
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 37 (150 Views)
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Jan 21, 2013
If they have been working on the PS4 for some time, as has been rumored, and purported gajillions of times last year and the year before that and the year before that - then it is too late to change any specs. They just want microsoft to make their move first, regardless what they have in the chamber.

And Randm, Luke has the answer on Gakai, and Onlive. You'll need some good connection to work out latency issues though, and I wonder how much broadband you'll need to play online games. But Gakai and Onlive already boast an incredible backlog of games, so I wonder if Sony can implement this from the get go with PS4/3.

Samsung recently had an announcement (before SONY bought out Gakai), that Samsung TVs would come with Gakai support soon. It would be their answer to the console market.

All I know is how the services work, not so much what they offer, or pricing.

this is me helping
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 37 (141 Views)
Wastelander
752 posts

Feb 13, 2013

Arron_Rift wrote:

As a handful of you guys may already know, I recently got Warhawk for Christmas to see what all the fuss was about. Since I'm probably one of the few people to have played Starhawk before Warhawk, I thought you guys might enjoy hearing some of my first impressions :smileyhappy:

1) It takes a while to stop throwing grenades whenever you try to "fine aim"

2) Warhawks are MUCH better at flying than Starhawks, but mostly because they can hover, making air-to-ground much easier.

3) Leveling is not nearly as fun...

4) Jetpacks can literally fly FOREVER!

5) It takes a while to get used to having to go out and find the vehicle I want, hoping that nobody already took it. I've been spoiled for too long by having whatever I need literally fall from the sky and land in my lap :smileytongue:

6) I keep shooting my own team since I'm used to Red always being the bad guys :smileytongue:

7) As a result of the Warhawks being so good, grounding is not as fun...

8) Troops have more toys...

9) ...and yet Melee is it's own weapon??

10) Again, WHY is zoom R3 instead of L1?

Hope you all had a good laugh :smileyhappy:

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

I played both games and am not arguing with you.

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 37 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7992 posts

Feb 14, 2013

Samokoske wrote:
If they have been working on the PS4 for some time, as has been rumored, and purported gajillions of times last year and the year before that and the year before that - then it is too late to change any specs. They just want microsoft to make their move first, regardless what they have in the chamber.

Small changes can be made still.  

Amounts of RAM, clock speed, cooling options such as independant dual fan control (If it has dual fans like the good ASUS laptops), Perhaps switch the Blu-ray player for a Blu-ray burner!!!(That would be way too cool for Sony to do), etc.

As long as they do not decrease the specs all the currently developed games will still run fine, actually even better then intended giving us higher fps and allowing future games to actually use it all up and keep us impressed for another 10yrs.

I was thinking before how cool it would be if they started down the road of PC gaming.  So every game would come with 3-4 settings of very high, high, medium and low.  The cheapest console would play all games at low, but you could opt for a bigger ram chip via cartridge later on. (This would lower costs and let those who game on SD tv's(Maybe even 1080p tv's if these consoles are 4K normally) to get away much cheaper but still be playing the best games available.

So say you buy the ram chip upgrade and this also ups the clock of the CPU a bit to make better use of available RAM, then it unlocks the next gaming level setting.

This would make so much money by increasing base console sales, and also constant income by those looking to upgrade over time as they purchase better tv's and what-not.

Perhaps the console comes with a single GPU but supports SLI, so you could via cartridge add a second and then your console supports 4K, or perhaps this doubles the frame rate of most games, etc.

I see a day when the newest console can be had for a range of between $150 up to $600 on launch day, maybe you choose one without a Bluray player/burner, or without WIFI, or without ethernet, or instead of 1 HDMI you can get a second, etc.

This totally makes me want to get into console design.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 37 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Feb 14, 2013
Philly, you have rightfully summoned me. I am here, master. What is your command?

The first order, modular consoles, ok. We can start there.

The Steam Box is a rumor, it's always been a rumor, but Valve has been very interested as of late the possibilities of hardware in the living room. Steam Big Screen is important in this because it is the software they'll be using to lead whatever hardware will come after.

There was a big announcement on a third party computer late last year about a modular pc that could be bolted to the back of your tv (if you so desire). It is important because valve backed the project, and the PC is being designed with living room gaming in mind.

What's more intruiging for me thoigh, is valve's approach to input devices. So far they've been coy on any 1st party hardware announcements, but Gabe Newell mentions that there is a need for a simpler universal user interface device that can compensate for ALL of our options. And that the future of gaming could even evolve out of that kind of input device.

What say you? Sounds like another N64 controller? Because that third prong changed gaming forever.

this is me helping
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 37 (72 Views)
0 Likes