I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Re: From concept to execution

Nov 24, 2012
Lol "moronically"

How this game managed to get worse since pub.beta is only a question LBI can answer.

It's not stupid players it's stupid game design.
Message 11 of 21 (158 Views)
Fender Bender
2611 posts

Nov 24, 2012
Thanks grem. Smiley Wink
Message 12 of 21 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
171 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 24, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcS8DEsUbH4&feature=related

blame people like him. not sure if he's playing the beta or the finished game though but if isn't the beta blame him even more. ;-)

Message 13 of 21 (140 Views)
PlayStation MVP
51050 posts

Nov 24, 2012

Good find there Mangaas and our opinions are fairly similar, not identical but very similar.

Stronger but more expensive stuff.

The fact that in the beta we didn't have the cluster/torp and the game was actually better for it.

The fact that the terrain limits the b&b locations more now than in the beta.

Those 3 are what I really agreed with most.

Message 14 of 21 (125 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1023 posts

Nov 25, 2012

Caanan wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcS8DEsUbH4&feature=related

blame people like him. not sure if he's playing the beta or the finished game though but if isn't the beta blame him even more. ;-)

It's the beta, but as someone who claims to have been a good pilot in Warhawk, I find it odd that the guy in the video isn't using at least advanced flight, and simply sticking to default flight.  He also seems to have no situational awareness in the air, a skill he should have picked up from warhawk if he was indeed a great pilot., regardless of the tweaks to controls and weapons between the games.

AF flight during the beta also seemed a bit closer to warhawks's tighter maneuverability, not sure if anyone else noticed this, but after the official release, the flight control's seemed slightly more sluggish and delayed, along with the delay with the homers missiles.  It was as if lightbox made changes to the entire flight system of AF, just to lower the number of A2G homer kills, without thinking of how it would effect flight overall.

@GremlinKlown, a glitch where a handful of people were able to try out clusters doesn't really count as the clusters being part of the beta.  I had never seen them in game.  Oddly enough, in that video, the clusters seem closer to how they are now strength-wise, and not the uber splash damage beasts they were at release.

Message 15 of 21 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2248 posts

Nov 25, 2012

I don't know how many diatribes I wrote warning them that not testing all these weapons was going to ruin their launch and that they were playing with fire but it was more than a couple. It's at the point when I added Private Beta with People Who Don't Listen that I realized this team was mostly a bunch of amateur idiots handpicked by Jobe himself.

Message 16 of 21 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Nov 25, 2012
Back in the beta I do remember the turret base raping and the sniper base raping.

I remember going 44 to 0 with a sniper.
This is my signature, FEAR IT!
Message 17 of 21 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Nov 25, 2012
Nun... do you ever say anything of value that has relevance to what's going on today?

this is me helping
Message 18 of 21 (73 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5542 posts

Nov 26, 2012

The great thing about concepts are that they live in the imagination. It's much easier to imagine a problem doesn't exist then be forced to find a way to fix it. 

Message 19 of 21 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1094 posts

Nov 26, 2012

The main change, which I believe is at the heart of the the first thoughts in the OP, is that Lightbox removed any chance of making a quick 3 or 4 walled base to protect the flag.  The flags are now located in areas that are either very difficult/time-consuming or impossible to build walls around.

I personally liked the whole 3-4 walled base strategy, but I knew it was doomed before the end of the beta as the Lightbox team expressed frustration with that practice.  It's not what they envisioned us doing... so they removed it.  Some people liked that you couldn't do the walls any longer, some of us, like me, felt it was more fun the old way.

So be it.

photo StubbornPuppetSig2011-1.gif
Message 20 of 21 (49 Views)