Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 28 2012
By: S-VonChaos I Only Post Everything 971 posts

Galloway Revolver...absolutely useless? You be the judge.

40 replies 583 views Edited Nov 28, 2012

Of all the weapons found in Starhawk, the Galloway revolver seems the most absolutely useless weapon there is. Why even put in the game? It has no redeeming features that I've seen. Its power is mediocre at best and with its 6 shots (without mod skill) single fire, you're sure to get killed before even getting off two shots!

At least in Warhawk (sorry to make the comparison since, OBVIOUSLY this is nothing like Warhawk.) the pistol had unlimited rounds to offset how weak it was...so even if you and your opponent has nothing left to fight with, you can still draw pistols on each other and shoot until someone dies.

Weak pistol...yeah...but UNLIMITED AMMO!

Is there something I'm missing?

Is it possible that maybe, the trick to the Galloway Revolver  is locating the sweet spot?

i mean, giving it the benefit of doubt. Supposing I'm not using it right. What am I missing? Is it a one shot kill if I happen to make it a head shot? Kinda like a CQC sniper kill, but with a pistol? Is that what it is?

Message 1 of 41 (583 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2616 posts

Re: Galloway Revolver...absolutely useless? You be the judge.

Nov 28, 2012
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
aim for the head 

Message 2 of 41 (580 Views)
Fender Bender
3080 posts

Nov 28, 2012

a_leenail1992 wrote:
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
aim for the head 

lol good one leenail

Message 3 of 41 (574 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Nov 28, 2012
Not as bad a the welding torch :smileytongue:
Message 4 of 41 (566 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1282 posts

Nov 28, 2012

The galloway revolver is NOT useless. In story mode, it is the best weapon because of the one shot KO from headshots. Same in multiplayer, but a bit more difficult.

Sweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet Kitty

Emmett kitty is hungry.
Message 5 of 41 (522 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Nov 28, 2012

Ah the Galloway Revolver... did you know that the cylinder doesn't rotate too? This should be fixed as well. Well that was somone elses arguement before. 

I have 2 kills with it I think. 2. In my personal opinion that weapon is just purely out classed against anything else. CQC use a shotty... medium range Kinetic Rifle... Long don't even try.  Occasionally you find somone who is really good with it, but that is rare. I use it when Im against a newbie to level the field a bit I usually die.

Message 6 of 41 (514 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
48845 posts

Nov 28, 2012

S-VonChaos wrote:

Of all the weapons found in Starhawk, the Galloway revolver seems the most absolutely useless weapon there is. Why even put in the game? It has no redeeming features that I've seen. Its power is mediocre at best and with its 6 shots (without mod skill) single fire, you're sure to get killed before even getting off two shots!

At least in Warhawk (sorry to make the comparison since, OBVIOUSLY this is nothing like Warhawk.) the pistol had unlimited rounds to offset how weak it was...so even if you and your opponent has nothing left to fight with, you can still draw pistols on each other and shoot until someone dies.

Weak pistol...yeah...but UNLIMITED AMMO!

Is there something I'm missing?

Is it possible that maybe, the trick to the Galloway Revolver  is locating the sweet spot?

i mean, giving it the benefit of doubt. Supposing I'm not using it right. What am I missing? Is it a one shot kill if I happen to make it a head shot? Kinda like a CQC sniper kill, but with a pistol? Is that what it is?

What spoiler said, aim for the head.

Hmmmmm....you know what, killing me with a galloway headshot sounds like a great challenge if we end up putting a weekly challeng in the community night :smileywink:

Message 7 of 41 (500 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
222 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 28, 2012

Galloway Revolver is just as good as the Rifle in my book :smileyhappy:

Message 8 of 41 (488 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1257 posts

Nov 28, 2012
LOL!
--------------( Semi-official Starhawk Suggestion Central (Updated 09-05-12)-----------------

----------------------------------------------------Built to Destroy----------------------------------------------------

Message 9 of 41 (481 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8511 posts

Dec 3, 2012

I got rapid killed by the revolver on the weekend.

I think its been over looked and assumed useless, just like walls.

The main reason for both is the people using them usually do it wrong, when used correctly they are very effective it seems.

the rate of fire of the revolver allows death as fast as the MAW OHK!!!

I am gonna try to replicate this feat.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Message 10 of 41 (459 Views)