Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
3756 posts

Re: Gaming mechanics in Starhawk: A look at mechanics in games and their place in SH.

Dec 21, 2012

Yes balls. Everyone knows this game is broken.

Message 21 of 29 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1202 posts

Re: Gaming mechanics in Starhawk: A look at mechanics in games and their place in SH.

Dec 22, 2012
Hence why there are so many hawk less servers :smileysad:
Message 22 of 29 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2068 posts

Dec 22, 2012

gs94 wrote:

And at the end of the game, the game is determined by who has more hawks up. 

Tanks, Ground troops, are irrelevant other than if they are objective players which we really only need about 2-4 guys on the ground. 

Ofcourse this wouldn't be a problem if it weren't for BnB and if they just used the Warhawk Style.

I remember Warhawk always ending where the winning team has more Hawks, why would everyone always run for the opposing team's Hawk? To win of course, Warhawk is a good game, but its not the game you WH Vets are making it out to be.

Message 23 of 29 (102 Views)
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Dec 22, 2012
Balls, I wouldn't mind putting my theory to the test. How many bogeys would you need on your tail to get to spamming stealth and shield?

this is me helping
Message 24 of 29 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Dec 27, 2012
Got to play a couple hours of warhawk yesterday and I have to bring this thread up again as some stark contrasts come to mind.

Team play is vital there too. Last night, bate and I really dominated the air vs. a 'green server general.' And playing both games back to back put things in perspective for me.

I still think perfect imbalances are a relevant topic of conversation in regards to flight and its pros and cons. Yet necessary teamwork will dominate every time, just like Bate and I cornered the guy yesterday.

Lol. I think the guy raged and got on an alt.

this is me helping
Message 25 of 29 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2611 posts

Dec 27, 2012
Didn't see your older post there Samo.....
3 or 4v me and I'll grab a stealth but that depends on the threat level. Obviously 4 noobs is way easier than 4 alphas. I still hate using the shiet but its a necessary evil when I've got 4 or 5 on me. Normally I'll use it just to refill ammo or health then go right back in it. If you couple that with TJ though it gets a little tougher.
Message 26 of 29 (74 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Dec 27, 2012
Big reason for me and loveing starhawk is how rapidly games can change depending on how each team decides what to build. Some teams I've played are so strong defensive for both sides moving about a map is extremely difficult. I love the dynamics of this game.
Message 27 of 29 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Dec 27, 2012
If a team concentrates too much on defense then offense is lacking. As I mentioned with balls in a recently locked thread, I can think of some ideas of clearing out a well guarded flag with team oriented tactics that proffer an efficient use of skills and rift.

Most recently I have had the pleasure of playing with stronger players in arena servers with all talk off. Shawn_z knows how to coordinate tactics that make for effective domination in a situation where normally a well built base with craptons of campers need to assimilate to keep up.

this is me helping
Message 28 of 29 (58 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
49161 posts

Dec 28, 2012

armyluke wrote:

gs94 wrote:

And at the end of the game, the game is determined by who has more hawks up. 

Tanks, Ground troops, are irrelevant other than if they are objective players which we really only need about 2-4 guys on the ground. 

Ofcourse this wouldn't be a problem if it weren't for BnB and if they just used the Warhawk Style.

I remember Warhawk always ending where the winning team has more Hawks, why would everyone always run for the opposing team's Hawk? To win of course, Warhawk is a good game, but its not the game you WH Vets are making it out to be.

I'm a 1000+ hour warhawk vet and actually agree with you that many of us let the nostalgia and love of the game factor get us to overlook other issues the game had and still has (you could argue WH's Air game is broken due to how OP it is VS the ground just like you can say SH's air game is broken because it has triangles, circles, and shields)

Message 29 of 29 (43 Views)
0 Likes