Treasure Hunter
4677 posts

Re: HEY ALL TOP CLANS WAY OUT OF MY LEAGUE, READ THIS :P

[ Edited ]
Jul 19, 2012

You left out Eddie Van Halen, Randy Rhodes, Satriani, Eric Clapton, Dave Mustane (and I'll even throw Kirk Hammet into this group) and sadly Slash.  Say what you will about Slash, he sounded good.  

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 55 (154 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Jul 19, 2012
Slash is a drunken idiot. But he can play. Dave Mustaine rules all though.
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 55 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
389 posts

Jul 19, 2012

IRRES169 wrote:

You left out Eddie Van Halen, Randy Rhodes, Satriani, Eric Clapton, Dave Mustane (and I'll even throw Kirk Hammet into this group) and sadly Slash.  Say what you will about Slash, he sounded good.  

Slash is great, I do not get why he gets a bad rap. Most of the people that I see that dislike him or worse, vehemently hate him for the most part know very little about guitar. He made blues-ey playing so **bleep** kick-**bleep** when everyone was trying to play scales and modes at 220 BPM, so he deserves major props.:manwink:

And I mentioned Page and Hendrix because their music is relatively easy to learn and play. But their soul is the key to their playing styles. But I certainly did NOT want to put Satch, Rhodes,Hammet or EVH in that group that would be just crazy to learn at first.:mansurprised:

Eric Clapton is a great mention though, perfect for getting the blues-roots down. I personally started off with The Eagles and Nirvana, but that was because they had catchy songs that everyone knows and pretty simple structuring. But I see all the time kids these days wanting to pick-up first with speed metal and shredders and to no surprise they eventually give up because they are biting off more than they can chew.

As the great Joe Satriani has wisely said "Start slow and play to perfection first, then play fast once you've felt that you have mastered this."

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 55 (142 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Jul 19, 2012
I saw MTV pull the plug on Slash one time on MTV live because he would not stop playing and he sounded terrible. He must of been drunk out of his mind. Mind you this was a long time ago and he seems to have turned it around since then.
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 55 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
389 posts

Jul 19, 2012

LEO_ECHO_7 wrote:
I saw MTV pull the plug on Slash one time on MTV live because he would not stop playing and he sounded terrible. He must of been drunk out of his mind. Mind you this was a long time ago and he seems to have turned it around since then.

Ahh yes the GnR days were......crazy to say the least.

Agreed as a youth he was a drunkard, I do tend to forget this as I was fairly young myself at the time. I personally get touchy about it because I know some many people around myself that hate GnR and Slash/Axl specifically. Which I can definitely understand the hate for Axl Rose.

But Slash is older and wiser and that is a good thing, he and Hammet(albeit in different stylings) helped blues come back to rock & roll prominence.:manhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 55 (132 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Jul 19, 2012
OH! Don't even get me started on Axel Rose! Nothin' beats James Hetfield talking about Axel's 40 foot ego ramp. I laugh out loud just thinking about it.
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 55 (127 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4677 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 19, 2012

Oh and bus I forgot the most important thing about the guitar.

if you catch your child playing anything by Justin Beiber, immediately break the guitar in half and proceed to punching him in the face .  How long you should continue punching, differs in many opinions.  :smileytongue::smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 55 (120 Views)
Sackboy
389 posts

Jul 19, 2012

IRRES169 wrote:

Oh and bus I forgot the most important thing about the guitar.

if you catch your child playing anything by Justin Beiber, immediately break the guitar in half and proceed to punching him in the face .  How long you should continue punching, differs in many opinions.  :smileytongue::smileyvery-happy:

This^^^^ is why I wanted you to make sure he is not in it for the girls.:manlol::manlol::manlol:

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 55 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
752 posts

Jul 19, 2012

LOL I wish I knew the backstory to all this...someone wanna tell me?

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 55 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4677 posts

Jul 20, 2012

To which part?

The original post?

The Guitar advice?

Why NukePossom doesn't like rap?

You have to be more specific.  My threads tend to go offtopic a lot.  :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 55 (100 Views)