Survivor
2787 posts

Re: Has LBI quit??!!!

[ Edited ]
Jul 19, 2012

LBI hasn't quit, Dylan's post (which was lost during the forum migration), stated that they are working on 1.03 and 1.04, and I've heard from Starhawk's facebook page that the patch is also in QA. Keep in mind that QA testing does take some time.

I just hope 1.03 and 1.04 make Starhawk the game it was meant to be. If it does, LBI can take my money for whatever paid DLC they decide to release.

Message 11 of 36 (401 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
263 posts

Jul 19, 2012

pimentel2 wrote:

LBI hasn't quit, Dylan's post (which was lost during the forum migration)

Hi Mule-tool & Everyone!!!
First off, thank you for making your post!
You (and the rest of the players) are right that we haven't been posting on the forums at all lately but please know that our lack of posts is NOT a sign that we were not reading the forums and listening to your thoughts, feedback and ideas.

That said, we (LightBox Interactive) do need to post here far, *FAR* more often for you guys to maintain the dialog.

We didn't abandon you guys at all. And trust me that we completely understand that forums come with a set of trolling and counter-productive behavior sometimes. That's just how it goes and we still read the forums on a daily basis and we would never "bail" because of that

Fact is that we have still be very, very busy -- not an excuse at all -- but we've been putting a lot of work into the Cypress Map, and the 1.03 and 1.04 patches

And yes, we have to work on multiple patches at a time to make sure they can get released as quickly as possible :-

We are planning to make a blog post very soon on the stuff that we are working on for you guys and it will go into a lot of detail. But since I'm here posting let me list a few things that are in the 1.03 patch:

- Push to Talk Option for players
-Skill selection can now occur at the main screen
-Added a quick way to change skills from the spawn screen
-fixed laggy pickups
-Changed VOIP to a new client/server model to resolve the drop outs.
-Added custom sound track support via the XMB
-We've adding a rage-quit penalty
-Added the prestige ranks (non-number levels above lvl 50)
-Further protection on melee warping
-Clan games and Password protected games are now "un-ranked"
-Fixes for host kick exploits
-Fixes for team switch exploits
-3 major stability changes (fewer crashes)

This list is not everything but it is the major stuff -- Oh and the 1.03 patch also includes the beautiful new Cypress map in both Large and Small sizes. And yes, we know that our current "small" size is really "medium" sized.

I know this quick post doesn't address all the issues but please know that we have been working very hard and we have plenty of other changes/fixes in the 1.04 patch as well like a 6 new truly *SMALL* maps -- one for each planet type. 

Hopefully this gives you all a bit more info on what we're working on for you guys and I'll make sure we do a better job of posting here (probably not always me) and talking with you guys!

Rock on,
-dylan

hydrosig.gif

Message 12 of 36 (393 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2248 posts

Jul 19, 2012

They are obviously finishing the game. The biggest thing is will anyone care when they are done?

Message 13 of 36 (387 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

Jul 19, 2012

According to them, they said that they were working on both patches 1.03 and 1.04.  There adding a lot of features in these patches, like a new map, new ranks, new 6 small maps, along with their usual game balancers.  I think we need to hold on a bit more because I think patch 1.04 will come shortly after 1.03.  Anyway, it would be nice if they took one hour a day to update us on what's going on.  

Message 14 of 36 (382 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5809 posts

Jul 19, 2012

One hour a WEEK would even suffice.

Message 15 of 36 (375 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1023 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 19, 2012

HydroponiChron1c wrote:

I know nothing about the gaming industry, at all. That response just doesn't sit right with me, there's no way in hell they only people left to finish up the patches and DLC are some second-rate programmers. If that's the case, then someone come end me.

That is actually how game development is.  A lot of the people left working on the patches are going through someone elses code, and using notes to figure out how to fix other peopels mistakes.  They move the main team onto new things, DLC and other games....

but in LBI's case, I doubt they have any "newer projects" within LBI, seeing as LBI hasn't covered the cost of their first game, and I doubt Sony is just giving them a free line of credit.

Any developers on contract were definately let go, and maybe even full timers as well, since they just don't have any money.  They call it "restructuring" it usually happens before they go caput. Any true talent at LBI may have been swallowed up by Sony Santa Monica, since LBI isn't going anywhere, and probably made their first and last game.

but hey, maybe Starhawk cost less than a million to make and they're cruising along fine and just hard at work and too busy to be messaging on facebook and the forums, like they were doing pre-release......  :smileylol:

Just going to requote one of my old posts:

THE_MANGAAS wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised that after the last few updates (the new maps and some last fixes) we don't hear much or anything from LBI, then get a nice long apologetic blog post from Dylan, explaining how he tried but failed his fans, due to "so and so" reasons, and that LBI is shutting down and no new future updates. :catsad:

:catsad:

Message 16 of 36 (371 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2787 posts

Jul 19, 2012

batenswytch wrote:

One hour a WEEK would even suffice.

I'd personally would be happy with a twitter update from Dylan Jobe. He used to tweet nearly every day... :smileyindifferent:

Message 17 of 36 (369 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4677 posts

Jul 19, 2012

pimentel2 wrote:

I'd personally would be happy with a twitter update from Dylan Jobe. He used to tweet nearly every day... :smileyindifferent:

Not all parts of Mexico have internet access.

Message 18 of 36 (352 Views)
Wastelander
910 posts

Jul 19, 2012

IRRES169 wrote:

The post was a smoke screen to allow them to make some more quick money, clean up all their stuff, and sneak away to Mexico.

What was that???

Message 19 of 36 (336 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1320 posts

Jul 20, 2012

THE_MANGAAS wrote:

HydroponiChron1c wrote:

I know nothing about the gaming industry, at all. That response just doesn't sit right with me, there's no way in hell they only people left to finish up the patches and DLC are some second-rate programmers. If that's the case, then someone come end me.

That is actually how game development is.  A lot of the people left working on the patches are going through someone elses code, and using notes to figure out how to fix other peopels mistakes.  They move the main team onto new things, DLC and other games....

but in LBI's case, I doubt they have any "newer projects" within LBI, seeing as LBI hasn't covered the cost of their first game, and I doubt Sony is just giving them a free line of credit.

Any developers on contract were definately let go, and maybe even full timers as well, since they just don't have any money.  They call it "restructuring" it usually happens before they go caput. Any true talent at LBI may have been swallowed up by Sony Santa Monica, since LBI isn't going anywhere, and probably made their first and last game.

but hey, maybe Starhawk cost less than a million to make and they're cruising along fine and just hard at work and too busy to be messaging on facebook and the forums, like they were doing pre-release......  :smileylol:

Just going to requote one of my old posts:

THE_MANGAAS wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised that after the last few updates (the new maps and some last fixes) we don't hear much or anything from LBI, then get a nice long apologetic blog post from Dylan, explaining how he tried but failed his fans, due to "so and so" reasons, and that LBI is shutting down and no new future updates. :catsad:

:catsad:

Honestly, I'd be happy with this, I just don't want to be someday looking forward to the next update from a company that no longer exists :smileytongue:

--------------( Semi-official Starhawk Suggestion Central (Updated 09-05-12)-----------------

----------------------------------------------------Built to Destroy----------------------------------------------------

Message 20 of 36 (298 Views)
0 Likes