PlayStation MVP
360 posts

Re: How active is the game?

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013

I wouldn't say I'm rich, but I'm not poor. I found it funny that the game is about $19 on Amazon, but EB Games has it at $40. Not sure what's causing that discrepancy, they must not have many copies of the game if it still have that high of a price.

Message 11 of 27 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
606 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Get it. And please please host a gatekeeper server once and a while! xD

Beast Montages and Ownage - YouTube.com/PSNmrdurant35

Message 12 of 27 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1297 posts

Jan 8, 2013
its active enough to enjoy it if your not already tired of it.
Message 13 of 27 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Jan 8, 2013
It's because EB and gamestop are still going by MSRP, while Amazon just wants to get rid of its haul. Also, PSN has the digital copy at 30, while seperating single and multiplayer to 20 a pop. Fair warning: we are getting reports recently that the digitally unlocked online code (to play the game online) isn't working for some people. So I'd chase that Amazon price, and save 20 in case you need to buy another code from sony.

in all the way how sony at large has been handling this game though spells fail across the board.

this is me helping
Message 14 of 27 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Jan 8, 2013
Regardless, I have found enjoyment from this game, and may be the first title I consistantly play through platinum. Granted, I may revert to WH, but SH is cutting it fine for me right now.

this is me helping
Message 15 of 27 (196 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
360 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013

Samokoske wrote:
It's because EB and gamestop are still going by MSRP, while Amazon just wants to get rid of its haul. Also, PSN has the digital copy at 30, while seperating single and multiplayer to 20 a pop. Fair warning: we are getting reports recently that the digitally unlocked online code (to play the game online) isn't working for some people. So I'd chase that Amazon price, and save 20 in case you need to buy another code from sony.

in all the way how sony at large has been handling this game though spells fail across the board.

Sony has thrown a lot of games to the dogs the last couple of years, with very little advertisements. Twisted Metal suffered the same fate, and I think that game was a couple cool ads away from selling quite a bit. I loved the Valentine's Day-themed launch trailer. Yeah, I'll see about picking it up sometime. I've got a bunch of games I want to trade-in/sell to shrink my collection down, might pick SH up after that. I got into Warhawk late and struggled as a result, hopefully it'll be a little easier to pick this up!

I had a lot of fun in the beta stages, but kinda lost interest because I got stuck with some teammates that were ruining the game for me. Just ended up passing over it and I think I ended up buying Max Payne 3 instead. Great game, but I kinda wish I bought this instead. :/ Oh well, hindsight is 20/20 and all that.

Message 16 of 27 (186 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1368 posts

Jan 8, 2013
Buy, buy, bye.
 photo EZRASIG_zpsf85694e2.jpg
Message 17 of 27 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6552 posts

Jan 8, 2013
I was going to buy starhawk on the day it came out. But I didn't because people hated it at first and called it trash. Then I saw it on sale in the summer so I wanted to try it out.

I fell in love when I play starhawk's mp. Before I got it, I thought I would only put 30hours into it and then quit. I currently have 60 hours, and I want more.

Starhawk is beast, buy it NOE!

I
Message 18 of 27 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
514 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Delta_Canuckian wrote:

Hmm, good to hear. Maybe I'll pick it up some time.

New multiplayer game, less than a year old. Servers should be available 24-7. Im just sayin, use caution.

Brand new multiplayer, peak times?  run for your life.

068 Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 19 of 27 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Jan 8, 2013

If you are here, know about this game and have played the beta, get it! It's a no brainier. Since Christmas, it has been quite active. Of course nothing compared to big popular games like CoD or BF. Because of what happened to this game, namely poor marketing and horrendous sales, you basically get a good quality game, by a dedicated dev, and with loads of stuff for a very low price!

Message 20 of 27 (110 Views)