Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 21 2012
By: Arron_Rift Uncharted Territory 1225 posts

How did you first hear about Starhawk?

33 replies 207 views Edited Oct 21, 2012

Hey guys!

Considering how Sony gave this game almost zero advertising, I thought it'd be fun to ask: When was the first time that you heard about Starhawk?

My story: (feel free to skip)

I think I first heard about it around this time last year. I was looking at something else on Youtube (Global Agenda online maybe?) when the "Starhawk beta trailer" came up on the side bar. I still remember getting minor chills watching it, it was awesome. Since that time, everything that I have heard about this game was things that I went and looked up myself (no thanks to Sony) aside from one or two ads on the "what's new" page. Yet despite this, I signed up for the open beta as soon as I got the chance, and I've been hooked ever since :smileyhappy:

So, what brought you to out little community?

--------------( Semi-official Starhawk Suggestion Central (Updated 09-05-12)-----------------

----------------------------------------------------Built to Destroy----------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 34 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1790 posts

Re: How did you first hear about Starhawk?

Oct 21, 2012

Uncharted 3

rndmjosh.png
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 34 (193 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Oct 21, 2012

^^ Same

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 34 (191 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Oct 21, 2012
I never really played PS3, but one time I was bored and so I was looking at the demo section of the PSN store and saw the Starhawk Beta.

I remembered hearing about it at E3 so I desided to get it. And once I started playing it, I couldn't stop, I loved the beta. But a week after the beta ended and I preordered and everything.

Thank God I was bored that day :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 34 (188 Views)
0 Likes
PistoI Proficianado
1129 posts

Oct 21, 2012

E3 2011 for me.

They played the trailer like 50 times.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 34 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
261 posts

Oct 21, 2012
In 09 seeing rumors posted on warhawk forums
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 34 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2176 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 21, 2012

A year ago on the internet can't remember where and found this forum. Nothing but rumors up to then.

Dark-Wallpaper-Gothic-Background_zps160a06ac-1_zps1cd2b98f photo Dark-Wallpaper-Gothic-Background_zps160a06ac-1_zps1cd2b98f-1_zps1e55fc20.jpg
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wii bowling : dream 4 Arvada 2 GG Arvada

Wii tennis : dream 3 Stash 1 GG that last shot rite on the line.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 34 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7272 posts

Oct 21, 2012
My brother saw it on the psn network. He knew it was coming so he showed me and i found it interesting.

Later that year(around november december) i bought uncharted and saw the beta code. I got excited and tried to redeme. It didnt work(it was still december) so i did my research a week later and i read "private beta closed on the 3rd on Jan. I freaked only to soon read that there is going to be a public one.

It was january morning and i had missed calls from my brother. I called him back and he told me he was going to give me his account info so we can game share the beta. I died.

At first, the game was ok. But once i took my first steps out of our homebase(3-5 days after i first played) i fell in live with the game. My brother soon stopped playing(even though he loved it) because he didnt want to get attached to it. I remember the day the beta closed on me. I was so upset. But i had LBP to keep me occupied.

Now i play the game at high levels of time. I even reserved the game so i got the wonderful sountrack. Luckly, i got my brother to download the mp version last wednesday. I think he really enjoys the game. So far he likes DM and Zones. A few of you have already seen him playing(he is sometimes with me).

This is my story :-)
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 34 (163 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Oct 21, 2012
I saw the first e3 trailer. I was not interested till I found out it was a ps3 exclusive( I used to be a fanboy of Sony). Then I started watching beta gameplay. I was going to get the beta, but I didn't. On launch, I was going to buy it, but there was to many haters on the forums. (spacenun and his army) I bought it 4 months later and the cod lover inside me died.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 34 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1297 posts

Oct 21, 2012
saw it on gamestops most anticipated list
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 34 (147 Views)
0 Likes