Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
49220 posts

Re: I think that it takes ZERO skill to be a spin flight!

Feb 13, 2013

bus_driver68 wrote:
Opinions are like butt holes, everyone has one and they all stink

and no one wants to hear from it!  :smileytongue:

Message 91 of 176 (146 Views)
Splicer
58 posts

Feb 13, 2013

Leemco wrote:

AudieLMurphy1960 wrote:

Galactic_Hobo wrote:

Every one take a deep breath and listen, I understand people have oppinions and they want to yell them all out before any one gets a chance to speak, but I have some insight on the subject....

As a game designer myself I know that there are certain things that need to go into games to make them fun however, when we are talking about a competetive game like Starhawk there are other rules. One of the biggest rule in making a competive game is to make sure there is never an imbalance, unfortunantly..... there is "one" when discussing Starhawk...

As per CAF flight, this was made to be intentionally easier to dodge miscles, if any one disagrees with that then please refer to the Starhawk Game design document. Advanced flight was made to be able to powerslide and turn quicker.... BUT here is where everything goes wrong....

When flying advanced flight please notice how the reticule always is in the middle of the screen, and how the camera is always right behind the hawk..... Now let's take a closer look at CAF....

When flying CAF a player can move the reticule while also dodging miscles... this is a problem because it bypasses the point of which a miscle lock breaks.... here is how: because the hawk spins around, the camera tries to stay focused on the hawk, but because of this, it enables the pilot to look behind himself and to also fire a miscle from behind the hawk. Also because the player's reticule can move while flying CAF this enables them to fire the FLAK out of the side of the hawk while power sliding......

These are the facts, take them if you wish, or ignore them and be close minded. I understand people's arguments by saying, "Well it's in the game, so it isn;t glitching or being unfair." Well I want you all to consider this, imagine I set up a server and it is the only server up. Now imagine that I turn on a split screen account and have them just be on the other team and just wait. Now, a few players join the match and we are underway, but get this...... I kick all the other players in the match and just run flags because my other account is on the other side; I also let my account keep spawning and I just slughter him becoming the greatest KDR ever Known..... Hey, the kick button is in the game, so technically it is not cheating, it is not glitching, but it is very unsportsman like and a downright d bag move. My argument as well as others is, why must people feel the need to abuse a part of this game that CLEARLY gives them an advantage?

Well said my friend. Well I think that we are stuck with this mode and be eather find ways of dealing with it or switch to it. I just wish that more thought was put into adding this mode to Starhawk. They should have worked on it more so it was more fair.

all i here is "butt hurt" its obviose you 2 noobs did not play the private beta , they added caf it was the same as warhawk normal and before the game came out they nerfed caf flight so please stop cring about caf like a little girl , oh ye your clan is **bleep** and rage kickers 

Hmmm, it seems we found the problem here. We have immature children who think that their oppinion is better then any one elses, so sure you win, but don't complain and send us messages when we kick you. If you want to fly CAF, do it, just don;t do it on our servers. THat is why you are getting kicked, for abusing an imbalance and you are being a **bleep** about it.

Message 92 of 176 (146 Views)
Splicer
58 posts

Feb 13, 2013

GOW71 wrote:

Uh oh quick somebody had an opinion let's run and call them "butt-hurt."  Let's throw some name calling in there for good measure to make a point.  That'll make them listen to me! Yeah that's the way to handle it.

We need more people like you.

Message 93 of 176 (146 Views)
Splicer
58 posts

Feb 13, 2013

velvet_123_cat wrote:

Ummmm, question. How does it give CAF spinners an advantage if any person with mediocre skill can do it? I think maybe you just can't figure it out, so you get mad when they do it and kill you. I use it and get killed all the time. Get more experienced and we'll talk then.

Sorry if that was a bit harsh. I don't like noobs complaining because they can't win.

You don't understand, you are getting killed while using it because you aren't exploiting it. Oh, and don;t contradict youself by saying things like,  "How does it give CAF spinners an advantage if any person with mediocre skill can do it?" You have just admitted someone with mediocore skill can use it... pease refer back to the title of this article.

"Sorry if that was a bit harsh. I don't like noobs complaining because they can't win."

Message 94 of 176 (146 Views)
Splicer
58 posts

Feb 13, 2013

armyluke wrote:

Leemco wrote:

AudieLMurphy1960 wrote:

Galactic_Hobo wrote:

Every one take a deep breath and listen, I understand people have oppinions and they want to yell them all out before any one gets a chance to speak, but I have some insight on the subject....

As a game designer myself I know that there are certain things that need to go into games to make them fun however, when we are talking about a competetive game like Starhawk there are other rules. One of the biggest rule in making a competive game is to make sure there is never an imbalance, unfortunantly..... there is "one" when discussing Starhawk...

As per CAF flight, this was made to be intentionally easier to dodge miscles, if any one disagrees with that then please refer to the Starhawk Game design document. Advanced flight was made to be able to powerslide and turn quicker.... BUT here is where everything goes wrong....

When flying advanced flight please notice how the reticule always is in the middle of the screen, and how the camera is always right behind the hawk..... Now let's take a closer look at CAF....

When flying CAF a player can move the reticule while also dodging miscles... this is a problem because it bypasses the point of which a miscle lock breaks.... here is how: because the hawk spins around, the camera tries to stay focused on the hawk, but because of this, it enables the pilot to look behind himself and to also fire a miscle from behind the hawk. Also because the player's reticule can move while flying CAF this enables them to fire the FLAK out of the side of the hawk while power sliding......

These are the facts, take them if you wish, or ignore them and be close minded. I understand people's arguments by saying, "Well it's in the game, so it isn;t glitching or being unfair." Well I want you all to consider this, imagine I set up a server and it is the only server up. Now imagine that I turn on a split screen account and have them just be on the other team and just wait. Now, a few players join the match and we are underway, but get this...... I kick all the other players in the match and just run flags because my other account is on the other side; I also let my account keep spawning and I just slughter him becoming the greatest KDR ever Known..... Hey, the kick button is in the game, so technically it is not cheating, it is not glitching, but it is very unsportsman like and a downright d bag move. My argument as well as others is, why must people feel the need to abuse a part of this game that CLEARLY gives them an advantage?

Well said my friend. Well I think that we are stuck with this mode and be eather find ways of dealing with it or switch to it. I just wish that more thought was put into adding this mode to Starhawk. They should have worked on it more so it was more fair.

all i here is "butt hurt" its obviose you 2 noobs did not play the private beta , they added caf it was the same as warhawk normal and before the game came out they nerfed caf flight so please stop cring about caf like a little girl , oh ye your clan is **bleep** and rage kickers 

For once, I agree with you.

GOW there is such a thing as a stupid opinion.

Who are you agreeing with here? Oh and btw, a stupid oppinion is when someone purposly avoids accepting fact, and then formulated their rhetoric, A.K.A what you are doing.

Message 95 of 176 (146 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Feb 13, 2013

Galactic_Hobo wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

Uh oh quick somebody had an opinion let's run and call them "butt-hurt."  Let's throw some name calling in there for good measure to make a point.  That'll make them listen to me! Yeah that's the way to handle it.

Be careful with saying something like that! Not exactly everyone on here likes me :smileywink:

Message 96 of 176 (144 Views)
PlayStation MVP
49220 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 13, 2013

GOW71 wrote:

Galactic_Hobo wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

Be careful with saying something like that! Not exactly everyone on here likes me :smileywink:

Yeah you are part of that fabled BHD clan, I hear all sorts of crazy legends and stories about those guys......most of the time they are stories from people so upset by BHD that they make things up just to get them back :smileytongue:!

Message 97 of 176 (141 Views)
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Feb 13, 2013
Yes,recent studies released by the university of utter non-sense have infact shown motion sickness can occour while remaining completely still in a comfortable chair looking at a tv screen.
Message 98 of 176 (128 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1012 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 13, 2013

from popular mechanics, but you can search simulator sickness or video game sickness.

October 1, 2009 12:00 AM

Q: Occasionally, when I play video games, I get motion sickness. Why is that?

A: The accepted term for that particular variety of motion sickness has been called "simulator sickness," and despite a few studies to determine its cause, nobody is quite sure why it happens.

It doesn't affect just video-game players. A 1995 report by the U.S. Army Research Institute found that almost half the military pilots who used flight simulators developed aftereffects -- and 10 percent of those respondents had symptoms lasting more than 4 hours.

Like motion sickness brought on by planes and boats, simulator sickness seems to occur when there is a disagreement in the brain between what you're seeing and what your inner ear reports is actually happening. One theory about motion sickness posits that it occurs because the area postrema portion of the brain associates the visual/balance discrepancy with hallucination. Since seeing things that aren't there is often a sign of poison in the body, the brain tells the body to purge, unleashing the hot dogs.

How can you fix it? You might try sitting farther away from the screen so that it doesn't fill your field of vision. Also, experience often helps you get over it. It seems that after enough exposure to dizzying graphics, your brain learns that you don't die from poison every time you play a first-person shooter, and it lets you enjoy your fun.

Read more: Videogame Motion Sickness: Tech Clinic Diagnosis - Popular Mechanics

*edited for affect
Message 99 of 176 (124 Views)
Survivor
2068 posts

Feb 13, 2013

Hobo, put the thesaurus away.

Why cant people grow a pair and accept the fact that they've been killed by someone 10x better than them, because they're all lazy asswipes who find it difficult to think up a counter to someone or something better than them.

Instead of asking to 'Fix' CAF, which has already been nerfed before due to idiots thinking because they die the game is broken.

What Leemco said was true, Audie is **bleep**, I know him for the reason that he is always **bleep**, why else would you kick someone from your clan servers? Why else would you insult someone who is destroying you and your clan in a pub match? If I had a cent just a cent for everytime I've been kicked from his clan's server or everytime one of them has insulted me, I'd be rich.

Have you seen what he posts on the EU forums? I remember one post where he went on about how spawn camping is such a terrible thing, I was in his server before, it was about 5 or 4 VS 2 if I remember correctly, they all hopped in Hawks and instantly destroyed any Launch Pad I could get up. The other guy (Who was a very low level) was getting destroyed.

Please Hobo, for the sake of not looking like an absolute fool, play with Audie and his clan of noobs before giving anymore input into this conversation.

Message 100 of 176 (117 Views)
0 Likes