PlayStation MVP
1158 posts

Re: I was thinking about getting this but I heard this game has problems

[ Edited ]
Mar 13, 2013

MrDavidGravity wrote:

So had bad are the bugs in this game? I heard of lots of xmbs kicks that have never been fixed with it crashing. Is this true? How bad are the issues?

First, welcome to the community.

I would agree with some that the game, as it has been left still has it's issue when it comes to balance and stability. That being said the game can still be fun if you find a server which is fairly balanced and you can play more than 2 or 3 full rounds without the game locking up on you.

Sony has really left this game to die shortly after it's release and the firing of the game's developers (Lighting Interactive). So you've been warned of the games constant and remaining issues.

But, as most of us fans that still hang around the forum will tell you, it can still be fun to play if you don't take things too seriously and just accept some of the games less polished moments.

Will the game likely crash when you are having a good game? Yes, but not every round just once and awhile.

Will you be facing some cheap tactics, exploit masters, and players that host servers that would rather kick you from the game than lose? Yes, again, not every game but it will happen once you reach the skill level that makes you a threat to someone's kill/loss numbers.

If you choose to join us just keep in mind that it will be an up hill battle at first since most here have been playing the game for over a year now since the early days of the beta.

Good luck and hope to see you in-game sometime.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 63 (200 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4677 posts

Mar 11, 2013

If you do end up getting it, send bus_driver68 a pm, he wants more friends :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 63 (193 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1020 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 11, 2013

Dear Mr DavidGravity,

Get the Multi-player if you want, it's only $20 (plus another 5 for the grizzly add-on) if that's not a lot of money out of your pocket.

Don't bother getting the full-game / single player.  It's a tacked on scam that's isn't even worth it for free.

The flight is imbalanced and broken, so maybe try and get friends to play with, and join ground games.

The learning curve is brutal, if not non-existent at this point, but there's some fun to be found in there. 

also, the XMB kicks only happen when flying in a plane, so if you avoid flight, you won't experience them.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 63 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4677 posts

Mar 11, 2013

Unfortunately Flight is the most fun thing about this game.

unless you are into construction...:smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 63 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1043 posts

Mar 11, 2013

I'm up to 90 hours online and I have had one xmb kick and only had lag issues two times.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 63 (171 Views)
Gaming Beast
1991 posts

Re: I was thiking about getting this but I heard this game has problems

Mar 12, 2013
IRRES169 Treasure Hunter
4:10 PM
If you do end up getting it, send bus_driver68 a pm, he wants more friends

I just want one friend! One very special friend! I thought it was you irres but I guess I ws wrong!:smileysad:
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 63 (165 Views)
Fender Bender
3078 posts

Mar 12, 2013

bus_driver68 wrote:
IRRES169 Treasure Hunter
4:10 PM
If you do end up getting it, send bus_driver68 a pm, he wants more friends

I just want one friend! One very special friend! I thought it was you irres but I guess I ws wrong!:smileysad:

How could you irres?

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 63 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Mar 12, 2013
I don't have that many hours in starhawk cause I'm not a hardcore gamer. I have a outside life. :smileyhappy: but saying that I have played and owned a lot of games. A lot! I used to be a big lbp and black ops fan. But now I can only have those games in my ps3 for 30 minutes until I get bored now. Why? Because starhawk is so fun i got addicted to it and can't play anything else.
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 63 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7992 posts

Mar 12, 2013

MrDavidGravity wrote:

So had bad are the bugs in this game? I heard of lots of xmbs kicks that have never been fixed with it crashing. Is this true? How bad are the issues?

Well lots of people used to quit any game where they were being killed to pad their stats.

So the game developer upon our request made it so if you quit the round counts as a loss, and you lose a bit of skill score.

What happened then was "apparently" a bunch of people would get XMB kicked 10 times a day, mostly when being killed...

Do the math.

I am not saying that XMB kicks do not ever happen, just that many of the players who get XMB kicked hundreds of times per day are likely quitting many of these games and pretending they didnt rage quit.

I myself have been XMB kicked at least 4-5 times in the last year.  Also consider many of these same people who say they get XMB kicked several times per day are the ones who you will notice the game lag very bad any time they join your game.

They either have real bad internet for this game, or are intentionally making their connection lag to gain an advantage, and end up getting the boot to the XMB.

Lets just say the stories of Starhawk's issues have been greatly exagerated by many, some of them well known intentional glitchers.

I am sure some of them are actually legit.

I would say Starhawk is a great game, just do not let the few who live to exploit ruin your experience, there are a lot of great people who still like to play fair, just need to find them.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 63 (123 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1043 posts

Mar 12, 2013

Phillyblunz makes a good point when I got this game I got hooked but finding these forums makes it a much better experience, Now I play most my games usually solo I just join random matches but alot of the games that are coordinated through these forums are usually the best to join. So look for anything that is put on here as topics and look for thoughs.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 63 (115 Views)
0 Likes