Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
513 posts

Re: 1.04 Inspired Idea: Sidewinder Chaff

Sep 26, 2012

pilgrim i would argue that the splash damage you are referring to is the true problem then not the lock    if you were off the sw and running away you should have lived.   Is that the fault of the lock on or fault of lack of countermeasure    no it is not     it is the fault of the splash damage of the rocket that did hit the sw    you said so yourself    "but the splash damage still got me"    i have no problem with lbi removing splash damage on sw lock ons    i feel this would be correct approach

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 234 (166 Views)
Fender Bender
2611 posts

Sep 26, 2012
I'd say that was our old friend lag pilgrim. I had the same thing happen to me but other times as long as I got off I was fine.

@TX I know. I was messing
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 234 (164 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
47952 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 26, 2012

SuperCargo- wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

SuperCargo- wrote:

I would suggest having a dodge mechanic instead of chaff. This requires that the driver has more skill and is paying attention.

I think that simply adding chaff makes it too easy to dodge a rocket.

I got a PM suggesting the same thing, check out my comment about 6 posts down on the last page for my opinion.

It's a good point. Maybe if the dodge feature had a cooldown? I still like dodge (or evade) better than chaff simply because it requires that players be more aware of their surruoundings instead of just punching chaff all the time.

Although if sidewinders had only 1 or 2 chaff uses, it could also work.

I like where you are going on the skill thing for the dodge (its actually why i never complain about the sidewinder "stability" stuff some people complain about, to me driving it on hills and weird angles is a learned skill).  

I could get on board with it just having a one, single use, chaff instead of an unlimited chaff w/cooldowns.  I actually like that idea a lot.  Either just one and its done or two with a minute minimum cooldown between them.    I just changed my idea based on your feedback :smileyhappy:.

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 234 (155 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13630 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 26, 2012

Yeah, the splash radius on all vehicles is just too big. For rockets and mines.

Definitely needs to be lessened, even if just against vehicles.

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 234 (154 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
47952 posts

Sep 26, 2012

TX11 wrote:

pilgrim i would argue that the splash damage you are referring to is the true problem then not the lock    if you were off the sw and running away you should have lived.   Is that the fault of the lock on or fault of lack of countermeasure    no it is not     it is the fault of the splash damage of the rocket that did hit the sw    you said so yourself    "but the splash damage still got me"    i have no problem with lbi removing splash damage on sw lock ons    i feel this would be correct approach

I was wondering if someone would pick up on that and mention it.  I was going to go that route orginally but I'm not looking for LBI to nerf the MAW so I tried to keep that angle out of it :smileytongue:.  

Although if they nerfed its splash damage on ground troops I wouldn't complain (unlike when I get OHKilled with the MAW in DM :smileytongue:)

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 234 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
513 posts

Sep 26, 2012

im not saying nerf for ground troops  im saying if the rocket is looked on a sw  and hits lessen the splash damage it gives off      and no phoenix not on all vehicles that is not what i was saying    just sw due to the reason pilgrim stated above

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 234 (145 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13630 posts

Sep 26, 2012

TX11 wrote:

im not saying nerf for ground troops  im saying if the rocket is looked on a sw  and hits lessen the splash damage it gives off      and no phoenix not on all vehicles that is not what i was saying    just sw due to the reason pilgrim stated above

The problem is they probably can't do it for just the SW, and will have to adjust it for all vehicles, or overall

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 234 (140 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
47952 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 26, 2012

TX11 wrote:

Oh if they can program it that way I would love it (I suspect they can't but I'm not sure).  Only when locked onto the SW...not when dumbfired but only when locked.

I don't want to see it lessened against vehicles, the vehicles augment your survivability good enough as it is for me.  

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 234 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
513 posts

Sep 26, 2012

we would need lbi to state whether or not it is possible     i honestly don't see why it couldn't be      they programed the game to use skills that have different affects and can be changed on the fly

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 234 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
747 posts

Sep 26, 2012

I haven't played 1.04 yet but I'm just wondering.. Do you get a warning when you get locked onto? Like in a hawk?

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 234 (131 Views)
0 Likes