Jul 18 2012
By: Pain_ELementaL Fender Bender 4547 posts
Accepted Solution

If you like this game, and want to keep playing it

82 replies 320 views Edited Jul 18, 2012

Do not base rape.  Do not clan/server stack

I was playing tonight with a few new guys who were pumped to be playing together.  Long story short, the other team decided to invite their whole clan in to destroy everything.  I didn't care about losing, and I tried to give tips to the guys on my team on finding more suitable servers for newer players...but they were pretty fed up.  Apparently, this had been happening to them all day, and they were pretty sure they were going to sell the game.

Just keep in mind, base raping/server stacking guy/clan/group...keep this in mind:

Sure, you're going to have an awesome KDR, W/L, shiny Rift explosion with a rank 50...but who are you going to show it off to when there's nobody else playing this game?  Look at the UF tournament....this game is a couple months old, and had nothing but the same clans playing against each other over and over.

We've got a flawed game on our hands, and that's just the way it is.  I however like our little flawed game, and would like to be able to play with other players who mayb be a noob right now, but in a few months time are the root of "the next best thing"...or something decent.

End rant, sorry. 

TL;DR - Stop flexing your e-muscles on noobs.  They're the future of this game, and it wont last if you play like a d bag against them.

-------------------

Warhawk/Starhawk Pro/Advanced Flight til the day I die-------------- [BHD] Better Hide or Die
Message 1 of 83 (320 Views)
Splicer
57 posts

Re: If you like this game, and want to keep playing it

Jul 18, 2012
I wonder what we can do about this... *cough* unranked servers *cough*.
Message 2 of 83 (306 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4677 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 18, 2012

Even if every player in this game understood what you were saying, and heeded your warning....What would we do about JReality??

Everyone knows JReality = Automatic BaseRape  :smileytongue:

Message 3 of 83 (304 Views)
Fender Bender
4547 posts

Jul 18, 2012

IRRES169 wrote:

Even if every player in this game understood what you were saying, and heeded your warning....What would we do about JReality??

Everyone knows JReality = Automatic BaseRape  :smileytongue:

I knew you'd find a flaw in my plan...

-------------------

Warhawk/Starhawk Pro/Advanced Flight til the day I die-------------- [BHD] Better Hide or Die
Message 4 of 83 (299 Views)
Fender Bender
4547 posts

Jul 18, 2012

teleportinturtle wrote:

Sorry, what do you mean?  Not sure what you're getting at.

-------------------

Message 5 of 83 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4677 posts

Jul 18, 2012

Pain_ELementaL wrote:

teleportinturtle wrote:

"Less emphasis on stats maybe people will switch and even up teams more frequently and be honorable?" is what he is saying.

But I disagree I think the internet removes accountability, and makes people more cowardly than they normally are.

Message 6 of 83 (288 Views)
Fender Bender
4547 posts

Jul 18, 2012

IRRES169 wrote:

Pain_ELementaL wrote:

teleportinturtle wrote:

"Less emphasis on stats maybe people will switch and even up teams more frequently and be honorable?" is what he is saying.

But I disagree I think the internet removes accountability, and makes people more cowardly than they normally are.

I suppose. I just don't see anyone using unranked rooms unless they were all that was available.  You're right though...the internet is a playground.

-------------------

Message 7 of 83 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

Jul 18, 2012
^This. Yeah, some people are jerks to the core, but I think they would mitigate some (if not most) of the damage. Noobs would find sanctuary there and **bleep** off casual base rapists. Serial base rapists do it for the fun of it, but even then the time commitment would deter some of them.
Message 8 of 83 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
389 posts

Jul 18, 2012

Well said good sir,well said. I do not quite understand why people feel the need to act like a bad-**bleep** when there is a limited amount of people to actually see it, especially if you know you are good what good is others "fear" of you? And as you said the mannerisms of some players is really shocking, it is either base ravage or rage quit in their minds.

I wanted to paint a picture of a scenario of what happened to me that somewhat relates to this mentality of player but it is much too long so I will abbreviate it. I was in a base ravage losing badly, I was the only one in the air against many, many hawks the number does not matter as it was greater than a 2:1 ratio. I did very well and lasted for quite awhile, and did not die being so outnumbered. After the enemy won by getting a world victory I got a message on the PSN that headlined "looping **bleep**", now I asked him why it was homosexual to play good defense but he would not answer so his reply isn't of notice.

That team beat my team by four times that of my team, it was a beat-down. I survived a length being greatly outnumbered and being the only pilot in the air on my team, I went 2-0 in that match but to the enemy seemed unkillable I'm sure. The guy who sent that message went something like 15-5 and his team won by a landslide. Yet he decided to call me out because I did not just lay down and die and let him kill me. I was being a good, legitimate pilot (that lost badly mind you) and I get called a **bleep** because of that? What is wrong with the player demographic in this game????

Message 9 of 83 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4677 posts

Jul 18, 2012

I hate to be Debbie Downer but this is the problem:

How many copies of SH sold? 150K??  about?

How many members in the SH forums?  I remember some one pulling the < 1% stat out of their **bleep**...so lets go with that.

If your message, and it is worthwhile and noble, reached everyone here, it still would not make a difference.

The game NEEDS to enforce even teams in order for there to be a fun arena in which it's userbase can grow.

If LBI still can't see this, they deserve to go under.  There is no 2 ways about this.

Message 10 of 83 (275 Views)