Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 07 2012
By: CRO_NOSM1-BUBA I Only Post Everything 865 posts

Interesting & Efficient Tactics [1st Post]

[ Edited ]
265 replies 3671 views Edited Dec 22, 2012

Here is a list of tactics and strategies the community and I have put together. The goal is to compile a cohesive and easy to read thread where tactics can be posted and organized. Some of the more interesting or lesser known tactics are on the original post, but I would advise you, the reader, to go through the thread for more. 

This is a working project, and so we're always looking for more ideas and feedback (on tactics, organization, etc.) So feel free to share your thoughts + ideas. 

*Lists are organized by newest to oldest submissions

Community Inspired Ideas

Ground:

-PYRO-POD: A spin off of METEOR SHOWER, in which podders launch with the grinder (grinder skill or pick up), melting everything in sight after landing. 

-METEOR SHOWERMultiple pod cannons shot at the same time at the same place, resulting in a barrage of destruction raining down on your foes.

-BUNKER-TRAP: In TDM- Place the bunker door side into the shield where its covering only half the bunker. You can get soooo many easy kills this way with the MAW and shotgun if you stay behind the shield because the enemy will try and throw the grenades down the hatch to flush you out and it won't work. As soon as they drop down...bang.-ballsmakinze

- BEAR SNARE: The Grizzly's EMP blast, if timed correctly, can snare swooping hawks/ tanks/ razorbacks, BnB structures, and open enemy bunker doors.-Phillyblunz 

-POD CRUSHER when somebody is going to land on you put out a bunker on you it will push you out and kill him.-A-JumpingJack

-GHOST WALKER: While capturing a zone, have the skill "Stealthy" activated. Place two walls along the circle of the zone, leaving the walls disconnected. The enemy will be unaware of your exact position, and as they approach, you weave around the walls, staying clear of their line of sight, and preparing to launch a surprise attack. But that's not all! Incoming hawk dive bombers will be unaware of your postion, often times forcing them to land--and into an even playing field. 

-OVER-BEARING: Base defence in a Grizzly with combat intel equiped, allowing one to moniter, and therby intercept all incoming enemies. Great for dealing with rushers in open maps like Dust.- silentscope12

-REMINE ME: Saving your last mine will allow you to continually have a stream of mines from the various supply boxes throughout the map and structures. -wrappy

*When playing defensive, this tactic works well in combo with the sniper tower (elevated, protected, full of supplies)- balsmakinze

- KAMIKAZE-CAKE: When you're about to be stomped by a mech quickly summon a bunker on top of your foe––vengeful, delightful, mancake.-CRO_NOSM1-BUBA

*Specific for Mechs, since they have a slight delay after stomping, but if timed right can be used elsewhere. 

-WORMHOLE: (CTF mostly) With squad leader equiped, and on a space map, stay on a ledge/platform underneath the enemy's base for an indestructable spawn beacon. -ballsmakinze

- MOTHS to a FLAME:  spawn beacon about a third of the way up from home base. Far enough away so it will attract enemies but not too close to their home base--easy kills in A2G. -menso1981

*sprinke some mines to take care of the bruiser crowd

-MAN-HANDLING: Manually firing  a beam or flak turret, thereby, making them a MUCH bigger threat and defense (Flak can damage ground vehicles as well).-IRESS169

-LIVING on the LEDGEHere

-BARRICADEWhen trying to take over a zone and you have about 3-4 turrents facing you (or any high fire situation), crouch and hide behind your vehicle.-Hurelypwell

-HIGHLANDEROn ground pounder load outs, spawn up high on a ridge or other platform which can not be gotten to from the ground, create shield and bunker and an ARM.  Then kill those who approach.-Phillyblunz

-THE ANT-TAGONIST: While in a sidewinder, get close to a tank and try lifting/pushing it away from underneath, this is fun for trolling tanks––but more importantly, it gives support to other teammates who are trying to attack it, since the tank has difficulty aiming and becomes a sort of sitting duck. CRO_NOSM1-BUBA

-THE MAGNETIC-RIFLE: When using the Kinetic Rifle pressing L1 (the aim button) momentarily locks onto the enemy, so to maximize this press L1 a lot with the rifle to sort of continuously auto-aim at your target.

*start firing and slightly tilt your aim upwards, so you'll get easier headshots. Enemies take increased damage and die faster-kolhu

- TURRET BAITbuild a turret, watch enemy take it out, and then blow him up with a perfectly timed rocket.-EvilChamp

*Likewise with the beam turret

- HAVEN HIJACKEDHacking bunkers with people inside it will give you nice mancake kills. The people inside the bunker won't know you have hacked it until they're dead.-Kolhu

*Generally make as much use of an enemy supply bunker before destroying it

-TURRET-PEDO: When sneaking up on a tank spawn an auto turret on its back, its spawning is almost impossible to notice yet it still kills the tznker. -UnKnOwN_FoRcE0

- POSSUM TRAPMine vehicles in the enemy base, self-explanatory. One sneaky trick to hide the mines is to place them where a spawned vehicles should go, then use hacker to spawn a vehicle, hiding the mines.- nukepossum

- POSTAL SERVICEAttach mines to other teammates sidewinder, let them get the kills for you. -Undead-MonkeyGuy

-SPECIAL DELIVERY Hop out of your vehicle as a mined sidewinder drives by and laugh as their mines blow up making the driver suicide.-PLYCMO_PILGRIM

-OXYMORONGet some proximity mines and crawl under a tank and put all 3 them on its under side then drive the tank into the middle of nowhere (but first make sure it has full health so someone will want it) then get out and go do something far away from the tank and eventually some unwitting enemy will try to take the tank and get blown up.- duffer1998

*Probably works better with the Grizzly

-DING-DONG-BOOMProximity mines make a lot of noise and have a blinking light, but if you place them on a bunker doors edge when it's open, when it closes, it completely hides the proximity mine.  The other team can hear it, but they won't see it till the door opens, and its' too late. -THE_MANGAAS

Air:

-HIDDEN AGENDA: When attacking the enemies base in TDM drop 2 bunkers in their base but close together. Enemy bunkers in friendly territory are like honey for bees. Many will flock there to escape hawk attacks. Wait about 2 minutes so that the enemies have time to corral in your bunkers. Next prepare the TOW. Even though it's a friendly building for you the tow will kill anything inside and you can repeat this process more than once in a game. -ballsmakinze

-SPHERE on the PIERIn basin its best to get a jetpack early and boost to the top of one of the highest rocks you can reach. The 2 pillars in front of your base work best. Once you get up there jump back a little and place a bubble shield. It will barely fit so it might take a few times to get it. Once its in place you can sit there and dance the time away doing the tea bag dance. Have fun! - ballsmakinze

-no...IT'S SUPERMAN: In a classic loadout, grab the jetpack, mines, rocket launcher, etc. Then, get in a hawk, fly far above the enemy base (right before hawk stalls), and eject. Decending won't use up fuel til you start aiming, so you have ample time to scope out the area and unleash your arsenal on the unsuspecting foes below.- GOW71 + CRO_NOSM1-BUBA

* Be sure to equip turret jammer to avoid beam/flak turrets

- Philly-BUSTER:  As a MECH when dealing with hawks dive bombing you with their MG (locks on to you),

A. Go pick up air mines.  when you start getting shot at by hawk MG's, deploy the mines.  It has two beneficial effects.

1.The hawks MG's will now target the mines as they are closer targets then you are.

2. The dive bombing hawk will sometimes fly right into the mines as they rise towards them. This can even get you a kill now and again.  At very least it makes the hawk have to fly away and buy you some time to heal or build something. -Phillyblunz

* Also can shoot swarms/ homers at hawks will distracted

-COW TIPPINGUse a hawk, and fly low behind a tank, you can get under it, once you're facing its belly 2-3 quick flack shots destroy it, all the while you are using it as a shield, so it works great while in heavily guarded enemy base.-Phillyblunz

-BOMB THISlock onto a hawk as they head straight for your base for a bombing run. Fire just as they get in front of you. They won't get the chance to dodge-Tiberius_Wolf13

*More of a role, as a defensive pilot--make it your priority to take out the bombers! 

-MINE CLOUD (lookingreat): While being chased by three or more enemy Hawks, place Air Mines, preferably 12, in a small area in the sky, and weave in and out of them; your enemies, usually the noobs, should scatter.-SOUTHERN_COMFORT

-HAMMER-HAWKGet behind a tank, with a hawk, and boost it into the air, super funny (generally hammering away ground vehicles with the hawk at full speed)- PLYMCO_PILGRIM

- TRICKY HORNET: Fire a single swarm laser at an unsuspecting hawk, then you switch to real homers after he fires his flare. Saves you a missile and allows for faster engagement.-nukepossum

- CHASEBREAKER: When being pursued in your hawk, duck around cover, lay down some mines, then immediately turn to a mech in midair then switch to flak. This forces your pursuer to immediately disengage and allow for a counterattck, or die.-nukepossum

BnB:

-THE NUCLEUS: Build walls around the edges of the shield, till you have an eclosed bubble, then fortify the base how you like (one bunker, watchtower, and ARM all fit inside comfortably). -Samokoske

*Watch out for hawks with torpedoes!

-LOCKDOWN: Place a shield generator at entrances, coupled with TOWER-GATE and the like, to keep your structures protected, up longer, and effectively invested––and since this spreads your resources out, if by chance it's nuked you won't loose much.-CRO_NOSM1-BUBA

*Placing shields over indestructible object (like flag) is useless. 

-HOPSCOTCH: Place a system of pod cannons so you can zip through the map to key locations without too much attention.-CRO_NOSM1-BUBA

-MAZE of DESPAIR: ONLY use as a last resort when being demolished. Spam a ton of walls around your base enclosed by a shield if possible, from this protected maze equip an appropriate weapons skill and combat all those who approach––if a hawk dive bombs you'll almost always it/it's torpedo (with teamwork).- UnKoWn_FoRcE0

-FLOATING TURRET: Place a wall, align auto-turret on top of the wall, reclaim the wall before turret drops. -Hoosyoordaddy

*Place a mine underneath the turret for additional support/trap. So if enemies spawn on it, they're destroyed by the mine

-ARM-putatePlacing an A.R.M in an area heavily populated with enemy buildings it will just continue to destroy them. Sometimes damaged tanks and hawks even think they are friendly.-armyluke

- THE WALL of ILLUSION: (sort of specific to zones, but may be applied elsewhere) Place a wall along the sides of a zone, while still having gaps within it, and looking sort or random--but behind it's noobish looks will lie tactically placed mines, enemies swoop in, and boom. 

-THE BERMUDA TRIANGLE: put 3 turrets spaced just far enough but within range to cover each other in a triangle, then mine the back of the  turret.Turret Jammer, Low Profile, choose your poison.- IRRES169

-TOWER-GATE: In choke points and entrances build a Beam turret-Gate complex. This would serve to both protect oncoming invaders, and those trying to escape (think CTF especially)--much more effective than lone BTs in the middle, and would keep gates/walls up longer.- CRO_NOSM1-BUBA

General Tips/ Playstyles: 

-Grinder Griefer: Do not let enemy structures built in your homebase for more than 2 seconds by spawning with the grinder and putting priority on tearing anything down over all else––general, demolition and destruction role. 

-Bunker Placement: make sure to take the bunker OUT from under the shield.  People need to learn this lesson.  Bunkers attract the ground enemies.  So, keep your bunkers out of line of sight from vehicle spawners and valuable assets. 

- Top-Heavy: Taking a beam or flak turret out with troop weapons (other than the grinder or repair tool) goes faster if you aim for the top of it. 

-Ghost in the Battlefield: Using the "stealthy " skill allows one to be nearly invisible/un-noticed in the battlefield, as people (especially vets) have become used to radar-tracking. 

-Modern Wallfare: Here

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 266 (3,671 Views)
I Only Post Everything
865 posts

Re: A Few Interesting Tactics

Jul 8, 2012
anyone have a chance to try these out?
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 266 (3,618 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4547 posts

Jul 8, 2012

Those are pretty good ideas.  I can't think of any right now, but I will add some when I do.

-------------------

Warhawk/Starhawk Pro/Advanced Flight til the day I die-------------- [BHD] Better Hide or Die
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 266 (3,606 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1765 posts

Jul 8, 2012
I like the pseudo bruiser. I will have to try that.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 266 (3,601 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1351 posts

Jul 8, 2012

Very creative ideas. I'd like to use "THE ANT-TAGONIST" to ram a Tank off a cliff.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 266 (3,597 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
254 posts

Jul 8, 2012

I like to build a turret, watch enemy take it out, and then blow him up with a perfectly timed rocket. Works every time. 

"Best fun you'll ever have for $8. Next!" - What my drill sergeant said after I threw my first grenade.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 266 (3,590 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4677 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 8, 2012

Bermuda-Triangle

I like to put 3 turrets spaced just far enough but within range to cover each other in a triangle by the flag, then I mine the back of the turret.

Turret Jammer, Low Profile, choose your poison.

Generally works best in Dust, but you can do this on any turret by the flag

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 266 (3,552 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4677 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 8, 2012

Dude, Where's my Sidewinder?

Another thing I really enjoy doing is when someone comes in on a sidewinder to go for the flag.  I let him.  When he gets off I get on quietly (and square up if needed).  He takes the flag and turns back to see me sitting on it.  This is my single favortie moment in the game (either this or knifing a stomper).  Then it's just a matter of him outdrawing my accelerator, never happens though.  :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 266 (3,549 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
71 posts

Jul 8, 2012
Hacking bunkers with people inside it will give you nice mancake kills. The people inside the bunker won't know you have hacked it until they're dead.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 266 (3,519 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1026 posts

Jul 8, 2012

Replacing all the turrets in the enemy base with my own. It's hilarious watching a turret spammer walk by then get raped by turrets he thought were his. However, try this only in smaller games.

I'm a possum. I'm usually a nice possum, but if you show up just to spite the game, boast, or try to get the game catered to you, be warned: I bite. Have a nice day!
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 266 (1,587 Views)
0 Likes