Fender Bender
3293 posts

Re: Interesting & Efficient Tactics [1st Post]

Dec 23, 2012
Yea I was using the walls in a game with balls in apogee as a shield today. since arena uses a lot of turrets for defenses, putting a wall between yourself and a line of turrets make for an amazing point of resistance.

this is me helping
Message 231 of 266 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
501 posts

Jan 1, 2013

Samokoske wrote:
Yea I was using the walls in a game with balls in apogee as a shield today. since arena uses a lot of turrets for defenses, putting a wall between yourself and a line of turrets make for an amazing point of resistance.

You name makes me think of chinese food! 

Message 232 of 266 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
536 posts

Jan 3, 2013

Seems like common sense but I will say it cause I think we have new holiday players.

I reccomend working with the geography when placing walls. Look for where they link up. I see many players build a ring of walls around a flag or zone to no avail. a triangle of auto turrents is more effective in my opinion.

If you are totally lost on how to set-up a basic base then build a server with the blitz option.

Message 233 of 266 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4677 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 3, 2013

Wall links based on map are generally too far apart and undefendable.

On some maps the ring of walls is better, the ones where you can close them.

Rings of walls with gaps are pointless, just build a wall in front of ramps to stop vehicle flow.

And for gods sake stop building walls ladders out, these traps only catch your own noobs and take away the 2 main functions of the wall, impeding flow and mounted turrets.

Blitz layouts are not optimal layouts.

Message 234 of 266 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4677 posts

Jan 3, 2013

^^^^^^^^

That's what I would have said if I still cared.

But go ahead and build useless walls wherever they make you feel safe especially if you are nearing the structure cap.

Cry havoc and let loose the hogs of war!

Message 235 of 266 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7465 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 3, 2013

As far as building walls and building them ladders out or not goes. Building walls is pointless is MOST loadouts anyway with jumping Grizzly's and flying hawks and jetpacks that can zoom right over.

However in a Groudpounder or Arena loadout during CTF reverse walls are very effective if closed in. You can get in but you can't get out. Basically putting yourself in a trap.  This is really the only useful application of reverse walls.  Of course most players are smart enought to bring a grinder or something or not attack a guarded flag alone.

This is perfect for newbies though.

I also agree with IRRES.  For the love of Mike stop building walls when near build count max.  And if you are gonna build a fort on the side of a map and abandon it when you die... take your stinkin' walls down! You only hurt your team leaving them up.

Message 236 of 266 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Jan 3, 2013
Walls facing in is also good in trooper. If the game has FWTF it is irrelevant (i found in glade that doing it in any loadout is in fact beneficial) but getting turrets to face the flag atop walls give them a vantage point to shoot an impendant flag grabber while trapping him in.

Blitz loadouts are only beneficial in short round servers where you have a whole bunch of things you need immediately to get into the fray.

this is me helping
Message 237 of 266 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Jan 3, 2013
Also, Cronos, the BnB view mode allows you tovsee farther. So in arena matches, putting up BnB to get an auto turret prepped will get you to see around bends or walls. Couple this with stealthy to get in a sneaky initiative, or rift affinity to drop 3 to turn the tides to your favor.

also in arena CTFs line up line up linked walls with turrets keeping them out, but in events you can't close a gap to any geometric structure, put up another turret behind the wall close to the hole. You can make this trap deadlier with R-sec mines at the side of the wall. People will think they can exploit you wall's weakness, but you're already ahead of the curve.

In space it's one way in, one way out, and if they can't pass your barricade, they'll try through the ladder. Get them there too with one turret in the far corner, and an R-sec mine at the ladder.

If all else fails use Philly's use of walls (with turrets) to make a complicated trap and infrastrucre at the flag. Cherry top flag with your 3rd R-Sec mine.

this is me helping
Message 238 of 266 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
536 posts

Jan 3, 2013

Many of your points are valid. The mode and team really dictate the configurations. I prefer offensive builds over walls in general, I am not trying to build a tree house, I am trying to build a hostile enviroment. I do not place my force fields around the flag because of this very reason.

Message 239 of 266 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1282 posts

Jan 3, 2013

I keep this list beside me while playing now. Especially when trolling. I am EVIL someimes.

Sweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet Kitty

Emmett kitty is hungry.
Message 240 of 266 (271 Views)
0 Likes