Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
865 posts

Re: A Few Interesting Tactics

Jul 27, 2012

I want to draw your attention at somehting interesting: I don't know if you've noticed, but the ground tactics are (by majority) centered around the proximity-mines. Why is this interesting: well it shows that the mines are one of the best, if not best, assests of the ground trooper––as they are powerful and flexible. At the same time, this kind of hints at the lack of strategic nature of other weapons (or maybe we're not thinking hard enough). Just something to think about.

Also, we need more BnB tactics, so keep them coming (and as a general rule of thumb, the simpler and more effective, the better).

Message 61 of 266 (537 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
865 posts

Jul 27, 2012

Kolhu wrote:

CRO_NOSM1-BUBA wrote:
THE MAGNETIC-RIFLE: When using the Kinetic Rifle pressing L1 (the aim button) momentarily locks onto the enemy, so to maximize this press L1 a lot with the rifle to sort of continuously auto-aim at your target.

*note: I understand that there's some argument about this, but as long is it's in the game, more people should know about it.

I'd like to add that after the lock, start firing and slighlty tilt your aim upwards, so you'll get easier headshots. Enemies take increased damage and die faster.

Ok will update the main page. 

Message 62 of 266 (532 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2611 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 27, 2012

I have to say for CTF a sniper tower right against the flag with a mined shield is a STRONG defense. I like to climb 1/2 the way up and jump back as I'm throwing a mine through the ladder. This puts your mine just far enough up where the enemy doesn't see it but by the time they do it's to late. I call it the okie doke.

If you put a torrent at the bottom 2 things can happen. Either you blast them off with a perfectly timed shot, my favorite, or they run past past it trying to get up the sniper ladder and boom. With the ammo up there you can do this all day. Played this way yesterday against some blue stars and racked up 45 kills in 3 quick games with 2 deaths. 

Message 63 of 266 (521 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
865 posts

Re: Interesting & Efficient Tactics

Jul 27, 2012
sounds good, can you describe it a little more concisely?
Message 64 of 266 (514 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8733 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 27, 2012

I put mines on the back side of turrets.  When an enemy is near the turret faces them so they cant see it and cant shoot at it.

Then they zig zag to the turret and find a nice surprise at the end.

Also, not sure if already mentioned but fair warning it is cheap.

On ground pounder load outs, spawn up high on a ridge or other platform which can not be gotten to from the ground, creat shield and bunker and an ARM.  Then kill those who approach.

Its very popular and it happens in almost every ground pounder match I've played in the last few weeks.

Be warned that it can make for painfully slow/boring matches, but effective none the less.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Message 65 of 266 (497 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
747 posts

Jul 27, 2012
I did that once as we were getting baseraped. So while I was busy taking out tanks, a guy had built a sniper tower, got on top and then built another tower slightly higher, eventually jumping to my spot.

This was on Dust.
Message 66 of 266 (485 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4677 posts

Jul 27, 2012

Phillyblunz wrote:

Also, not sure if already mentioned but fair warning it is cheap.

On ground pounder load outs, spawn up high on a ridge or other platform which can not be gotten to from the ground, creat shield and bunker and an ARM.  Then kill those who approach.

I'll bite?  Why?  Other than it can't be reached in a baserape scenario, what purpose does this serve towards actual CTF?

Message 67 of 266 (481 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
747 posts

Jul 27, 2012
Camping with a MAW facing the flag.
Message 68 of 266 (469 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
111 posts

Jul 27, 2012

When trying to take over a zone and you have about 3-4 turrents facing you, crouch and hide behind your vehicle. Works for me, alot!

MarsBarMan
Message 69 of 266 (597 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Jul 30, 2012
1. in zones or while being base raped, you can spawn a turret while still in your invincible pod.

2. if you want to bruiser but live longer, try the perk that keeps you off radar and riding a jet-bike. you can own buildings with the repair tool/grinder and make a swift getaway while either having the choice to move on or coming back from a different angle. Its like a hit and run bruiser.

3. if you are in a hawk or speeder bike and you are tired of turrets or bunkers, you can pick an ARM to build while driving. so keep it ready to drop, drive/fly next to your target and press X. The ARM will almost always destroy the target.

4. if you come across an enemy supply building, before you destroy it, look around to see if you can blow up other structures from there or harass enemy pilots with missiles. If the answer is yes, defend not destroy the supply building. This is because as you wreak havoc, they will try to blow you up, but they cannot destroy their own building. Protect the control panel and MAW everyone in sight. And just in case you don't know, there is a ladder to the right of the ramp and you can shoot out from the inside of the enemy building...

5. bruiser allows your hawk to damage buildings with stomps.
Message 70 of 266 (588 Views)
0 Likes