Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 05 2012
By: CRO_NOSM1-BUBA I Only Post Everything 865 posts

Is Ground Pounder Better Now?

43 replies 205 views Edited Dec 5, 2012

I haven't played ground pounder (or anything recently) but I would imagine it's way better now, with the addition of pod cannons. Since now people can't camp (as much), and soldier-map mobility is higher. If true it might be one of the best loadouts now, in terms of having gameplay that isn't too slow, but slow enough to be more strategic/ tactical.

What do you think?

Message 1 of 44 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1991 posts

Re: Is Ground Pounder Better Now?

Dec 5, 2012

CRO_NOSM1-BUBA wrote:

I haven't played ground pounder (or anything recently) but I would imagine it's way better now, with the addition of pod cannons. Since now people can't camp (as much), and soldier-map mobility is higher. If true it might be one of the best loadouts now, in terms of having gameplay that isn't too slow, but slow enough to be more strategic/ tactical.

What do you think?

I think it needs Hawks!

Photobucket
Message 2 of 44 (201 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Dec 5, 2012

Im not a flyboy so I generally prefer a ground loadout anyway... and when orchestrated correctly you can get some seriously awesome ground warfare battles going.

Message 3 of 44 (198 Views)
Pistol Proficinado
590 posts

Dec 5, 2012

The only remaining problem for that loadout is on Echo, when campers use outpouts to climb all the way up to mesas and just bubble shield camp there. However I haven't seen that loadout recently, it seems lightweight and trooper replaced GP as the most frequently used loadout.

Message 4 of 44 (186 Views)
Gaming Beast
1765 posts

Dec 5, 2012

CRO_NOSM1-BUBA wrote:

What do you think?

No, it still pretty much sucks.  

Classic is still the best loadout.  

Photobucket
Message 5 of 44 (180 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1012 posts

Dec 5, 2012

yea, I avoid GP like the plague, I didn't even know it had pod launchers in it. I like classic and speeder is also fun in zones.

Message 6 of 44 (174 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2616 posts

Dec 5, 2012

nope. groundpounder still feels the same to me...

Message 7 of 44 (169 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
48845 posts

Dec 5, 2012

a_leenail1992 wrote:

nope. groundpounder still feels the same to me...

^ this is me also.  Feels the same, thats not a bad thing really as long as its on the right map/mode.  Now heavyweight on the other hand......let me search and see if we have a thread on heavyweight.

Message 8 of 44 (162 Views)
PlayStation MVP
13630 posts

Dec 5, 2012
IMO, all its good for is Ouland Zones...otherwise meh. Much prefer other loadouts, except Heavyweight now that Sidewinders are gone...
Message 9 of 44 (152 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1094 posts

Dec 5, 2012

It's fine as long as it's not on Dust or Sever on TDM or CTF.  I'm sorry, it's just too **bleep** slow and becomes a redundant performance of one team getting the upper hand just long enough to set up a basic base just outside the enemy pod range and camp them with Grizzlies and Tanks under a shield with an ARM.

photo StubbornPuppetSig2011-1.gif
Message 10 of 44 (145 Views)