Apr 02 2013
By: EarthLunacy Hekseville Citizen 304 posts

It's Only The Beginning

95 replies 487 views Edited Apr 2, 2013

I posted a thread not so long ago asking if I should buy this game or not. Plus how was the multiplayer running. And I finally got it...

But after a LONG hour or so on downloading the patches and installing and updating and the game basically playing with my emotions, I finally got to play it last night.

Well, I finally get to say that it's freaking AWESOME! And I can't be more than happy. And that so that I haven't even entered multiplayer mode. Just with the Single Campaign and it got me hooked. The feel on the controls, the graphics, the soundtrack, oh the soundtrack, even the story is really good. I still don't get it why people complained on the Single Campaign, but to each his own. And "By the Gods", constructing the bases, it's a total new feel! Now, being a Warhawk vet, I just had to get used to a bit to the "new" hawk controls, but basically the "dodging", the rest, was just easy. And indeed, it's a game for teamwork, which I like a lot (trying to get my friends to get it too).

On the good note too, I was able to get everything I wanted on a good tricky way and cheap. I wanted the limited edition, but it's $40 on gamestop, and since I didn't know what the game would be, I didn't want to waste so much money. So after ebaying for many days, I was able to find the DLC's that I wanted: 1) The unused online pass, 2) the limited edition dlc and 3) Sweet Tooth skin for a really cheap cheap price. Then I got the normal edition for basically $14 NEW. AND I forgot I already had a Sweet Tooth skin from my Twisted Metal edition. xD So I ended up having an extra online pass and an extra Sweet Tooth skin. I'll probably give them to my friend if he gets the game used. So now, I'm enjoying the game AND the soundtrack a lot! PLUS, I completely forgot I downloaded the beta and didn't actually got to play it, but they game me the skins and the hand of the founder for being part of it. So I'm basically all prepared to keep hitting this game hard.

So, when time comes for the multiplayer, I'll be ready to get killed, get killed and get killed again SO THEN to actually start killing and winning. :smileyvery-happy:

I played the beta of Defiance and was really thinking on getting that game today, but after playing Starhawk I just changed my mind completely and said: F*ck it! I'm sticking to Starhawk for a good long while. So my mission is to get my friends in on it and MAYBE my gf, but that's not likely since she doesn't like shooters anywhere not even in Playstation All Stars.

So you guys will see me soon online. I'll be between Starhawk, GoW:Ascension multiplayer and P. Alls Stars, Apart for then to try to finish Bioshock 1 that I left it aside after GoW. jeje. 

P.S. I know Santa Monica won't be doing much with this game. Even if I REALLY REALLY hate the thought of leaving such a great game on the limbo like Twisted Metal, probably soon to be All Stars and in given time GoW. They really should put their Sh*t together and at least show the people that they care even if they didn't sell as expected, they don't understand that the more care you give, the more sales you will have in time and of course REAL promotion and push boundaries to surpass the normal.

"Drop It Cutter!"

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 96 (487 Views)
PlayStation MVP
46584 posts

Re: It's Only The Beginning

Apr 2, 2013

I'm glad you enjoy the game.  I always hope that people who do get the game, after posting here, feel that the feedback they got was helpful and accurate.

And heck yah  Starhawk is freaking AWESOME!

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 96 (483 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7426 posts

Apr 2, 2013

Welcome to Starhawk! Glad you like the game always good to see a new face over here :smileyhappy:  Ill look for you in the outer spur! Also in the Arena as well Spartan!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 96 (468 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
286 posts

Apr 2, 2013
welcome to starhawk brahh ^^
Uncharted Territory
1202 posts

Apr 2, 2013
Just played again the other day :smileyhappy: it is still an awsome MP game! Glad you're having fun with the game
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 96 (429 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Apr 2, 2013
Welcome to the community my friend!!! I too love the soundtrack.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 96 (413 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
304 posts

Apr 2, 2013
Thanks guys! I really can't wait to just leave work and start playing already! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 96 (387 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2548 posts

Apr 2, 2013

Hi thanks for joining us

show me.jpg

ONE OF US

ONE OF US

ONE OF US

ONE OF US

ONE OF US

ONE OF US

BTW: the single player is bad because the multiplayer is better and no one likes the story.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 96 (381 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7271 posts

Apr 2, 2013
I love ya already!

And trust me, you like the SP now, but wait until you try mercenary....warning...
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 96 (374 Views)
PlayStation MVP
46584 posts

Apr 2, 2013

EarthLunacy wrote:
Thanks guys! I really can't wait to just leave work and start playing already! :smileyhappy:

Do you ever play later at night, say after 9pm eastern?   Wouldn't mind hooking up for a game or two if you do

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 96 (373 Views)
0 Likes