Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 01 2013
By: jettman0 First Son 2 posts

Just got the game, any suggestions?

27 replies 459 views Edited Jun 1, 2013

So I just picked up Starhawk after playing the demo, it's updating now, I'd like to know if anyone has any suggestions or tips for being not so terrible at this game. That and I'd like to know about clans and such, if it turns out I'm good I'd like to join or make one, however it works. I'd appreciate any tips or tricks you guys have for once I get started on this games multiplayer.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 28 (459 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
536 posts

Re: Just got the game, any suggestions?

[ Edited ]
Jun 1, 2013

Tip one, search through this forum for posts concerning tips and tricks. You will get more info doing this then any other method.

Step two, do not get frustrated, just keeping playing, this game has a large learning curve.

Step three, never stand still, always be moving

Step four, learn how to build

It may be a good idea to try the "explore" and "prospector" modes

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 28 (451 Views)
Lombax Warrior
70 posts

Jun 1, 2013
some tips from a fairly decent player here:
1. if you plan to fly alot, go into options and switch flight modes, either of the two which aren't default are far superior (they're more fun, and allow for more advanced control)
2. if you have the grizzly dlc then make sure to use that when you first start, it's probably the easiest vehicle to start out with
3. if you're being base raped don't spawn into the base, spawn as far out as possible and attempt to create a useful base further out in the map for your allies to join you.
4. if the other team is full of hawk pilots then a really good strategy is to actually build turrets (beam and upgrade to flak if possible) descreatly in their base rather than your own, so if they try to fall back after being damaged they'll be destroyed with ease, and may even struggle to get back in the air
5. the really black window type rectangle on the front of the tank can be sniped to kill the pilot without wasting time/ammo to actually destroy the tank itself, especially effective on dust as you can take tanks out as they leave their home base from the safety of your own.
6. even if you suck at it, it's a good idea to get into the air in a hawk because the air game and ground game end up being about equal in terms of importance to the team. if you allow the enemy to dominate the air then you're going to have a rough time of it and will struggle to break out of the rut it causes, so even if all you do in the hawk is distract enemy hawks from a2g-ing your team mates for a minuet or two it's still worth it.

I'm sure other more experienced players could give you some less general tips but I found these to be particularly useful when I first started out.
welcome to the community by the way :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 28 (447 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1043 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 2, 2013

both good points, be patient with it and just have fun. The hardest thing to learn is flying in the hawks because there are extremly good pilots out there becasue they have put a lot of time in flying. Start out with arena, tooper, Groundpounder, Heavy weight and classic loadouts.

Hope to see you out there

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 28 (425 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Jun 2, 2013

Thanks to all of you for the tips, their helping quite a bit. Havn't done amazing so far but I'm improving, hopefully I'll get the hang of it soon cause I'm having fun with it. Thanks for the help, see you online

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 28 (414 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Jun 2, 2013
Build a flak turret, build a ARM beside it, and win!
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 28 (400 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2548 posts

Jun 2, 2013
Learn the auto lock. It makes troop combat easier.

Some will tell you that it is noobie but it takes skill to get good at it.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 28 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

Jun 2, 2013
Grease the controller real good, and shove it up your @$$. You'll be a pro in no time
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 28 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1043 posts

Jun 2, 2013

Don't listen to some people.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 28 (138 Views)
Fender Bender
3080 posts

Jun 2, 2013

highlydangerous9 wrote:
Learn the auto lock. It makes troop combat easier.

Some will tell you that it is noobie but it takes skill to get good at it.

Its easier for some then others.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 28 (136 Views)
0 Likes