Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
2265 posts

Re: LBI_Ron and or LBI_Dylan please read. Starhawk has broken my system.

Jul 4, 2012

The fact that you assume my system was dying is incorrect. There will always be signs of imminent failure. There was no issues with blu ray movies, dvds, and any other game played on the system outside of software specific glitches. My system did not overheat, which is generally what causes the YLOD.

If you think software cannot damage hardware then you are a fool, especially when the glitches in software cause the hardware to act outside of normal functioning (freezing, resetting).

Message 51 of 58 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8520 posts

Jul 4, 2012

SILVERX200 wrote:

The fact that you assume my system was dying is incorrect. There will always be signs of imminent failure. There was no issues with blu ray movies, dvds, and any other game played on the system outside of software specific glitches. My system did not overheat, which is generally what causes the YLOD.

If you think software cannot damage hardware then you are a fool, especially when the glitches in software cause the hardware to act outside of normal functioning (freezing, resetting).

No, the hardware works by magic, no software required.

Software just sits in virtual space with no connection to anything physical, never doing anything.

The end.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Message 52 of 58 (98 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1023 posts

Jul 4, 2012

Newer games probably tax the PS3 more, sure ( SO MUCH GRAPHX ) and may make it run a bit hotter, and overheat a bit faster, but unless you had a 2 month old PS3 burn out because of Starhawk, then there's no real correlation.  If you had an older system, then it was more likely to give out.

Starhawk's been buggy and crashing on my system too, and just about everyone elses here.  But not everyone's PS3 is dead...

Same thing happened on Skyrim's forums after release.   You have a new game out that people are playing more often, and older PS3's dying out at the same time.  It's not specifically the game though.

And if it was SPECIFICALLY due to how the game is programmed and taxing the system, it'd be hard to prove, unless you had like say....  50% of Stahawk players having their PS3's die after playing.  And looking around the forums and facebook, I don't see a Starhawk-is-killing-my-PS3 epidemic. 

Sucks that your PS3 died, but I doubt it was The Starhawk's fault.:smileyindifferent:

Message 53 of 58 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
254 posts

Jul 4, 2012

You're a class act.

I hope you find a new PS3 soon. You can often find deals on Craigslist, even brand new PS3 systems I've seen go for really cheap.

I feel really bad that you've lost all of your save data. I had a friend who had a fat and his CoD got stuck inside. In the end, he got it out caveman style.

"Best fun you'll ever have for $8. Next!" - What my drill sergeant said after I threw my first grenade.
Message 54 of 58 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2265 posts

Jul 5, 2012

Thanks EvilChamp,

I'm still waiting for Sony to send the shipping box. It doesn't matter whether I repaired or replaced my same model because I would lose the data regardless. YLOD is a problem that will reoccur and reflowing won't even keep it from happening again. I'll just end up getting a slim and going through the arduous process of trying to rebuild the system through the PS Store. I'm certain I won't be able to re-obtain everything and it's going to be a major pain in the butt manually re-downloading from 5 years ago.

People don't want to consider that a game could ruin their system, but when FFXIII came out it was ruining blu-ray drives on new or fairly new slims as well as fats. It was also causing other system breakdowns and it happened to a lot of people.

Message 55 of 58 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
593 posts

Jul 5, 2012
FFXIII plays like a charm on my PS3, the only thing it ruined was my faith on the franchise.
Photobucket
Message 56 of 58 (76 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1023 posts

Jul 5, 2012

lol :robotlol:

Message 57 of 58 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2265 posts

Jul 5, 2012

I didn't have any problems with FFXIII either, so I was relieved when that was an issue other people were experiencing and nothing happened. I still want a remake of VI on a console.

Message 58 of 58 (66 Views)
0 Likes