Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 01 2012
By: SILVERX200 Survivor 2273 posts

LBI_Ron and or LBI_Dylan please read. Starhawk has broken my system.

[ Edited ]
57 replies 510 views Edited Jul 4, 2012

Since the start of playing the game I have encountered numerous glitches and freezes with the game, even times unable to play at all because of it (Menu slate not loading). I have had an 80GB Motorstorm PS3 since 2007 and up until Starhawk my system has not had any issues.

I am not trying to berate your game in any way, but I do want you to understand that these things do affect systems in very bad ways. They can corrupt hard drives, cause disc read errors, and ultimately kill your system which has happened to mine.

A few days ago I had an infinite spawn glitch that locked up my system on Dust, Outlands. I was playing Zones last night and there was so much going on in the game because both teams were at capacity that several glitches were taking place. Invisible enemies, invisible proximity mines as well as enemy proximity mines that were in plain sight but would not blow up if you shot them.

There was no lag for me whatsoever but there were players possibly using lag switches and at times I would watch the spawn map to see what was occuring. Teleporting vehicles and spawn exploits were occuring frequently. When I did respawn at one point someone used their lag switch (possibly) and froze me in midair as I was falling. The game sent me into an automatic forced respawn and the system locked up and my screen went black and shut off my system.

My system is dead, my $60 (+tax) Starhawk disc is locked into my PS3 as it's tomb. I've tried numerous times to try and get the disc out but the system has encountered a fatal flaw and now I'm without a system and I can't retrieve my game. People will use the excuse that I have an old system and that it was bound to happen, yet I've been without a problem in all of this time. Every single system model has encountered glitches and freezing, so it is not system specific. From fats to slims, everything can be affected.

I was looking forward to the new updates to the game and especially the Cypress map. I don't have the extra money to buy a PS3 now and I'll have lost all of my Game Data. Luckily I have my saves on Cloud to at least retrieve them, but I won't even be able to transfer my data even when I'm able to get a new system since I can't turn my current system on at all.

Please understand that I supported your game from the Beta, and from the first day of retail and now I'm left without a system and without your game.

Be diligent about correcting the glitches first and foremost, and if you have a way of detecting lag switch users you need to penalize them or ban them as they can intensify the problems occuring in the game. Now I'm at a loss in every possible way.

Thank you,

Silver Phoenix (PSN SILVERX200)

Message 1 of 58 (510 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
263 posts

Re: LBI_Ron and or LBI_Dylan please read. Starhawk has broken my system.

Jul 1, 2012

To get your disc out, you could either try reflowing your PS3 or use the hairdryer trick. Hopefully most of these issues are fixed in the next patch

0 Likes
Survivor
2273 posts

Jul 1, 2012

How do you do the hairdryer trick? The system doesn't stay on for half a second and I can't access the XMB at all since the system simply doesn't boot up.

Message 3 of 58 (488 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3756 posts

Jul 1, 2012

I'm not sure here, but are you saying a "lag switch" killed your system?

Message 4 of 58 (485 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Jul 1, 2012
My kid stuffed 8 blurays in my PS3 (I thought it was two at the time I had realized what the issue was).

I just YouTubed how to remove a stuck disc. There are several good tutorials, but be sure and watch a few. Some are easier than others depending on your situation. None of them are too bad, but I believe all void any warranty. Couldn't believe when I got it apart and found 8 movies stuffed in there. Wouldn't have thought it possible. Good luck.
Message 5 of 58 (472 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
224 posts

Jul 1, 2012

Yea im not playin StarHawk anymore... 

I've had alot of issues with corrupted data showing up on my PS3, PS3 freezing when I try to copy data, ect. 

I formatted/restored my system and actually kinda did nothing to help and honestly wasnt expecting it to.  

These issues with my PS3 started happening after I started playing StarHawk but I doubt StarHawk caused them. 

...but with all the issues players seem to be having with StarHawk screwing up whatever it may be, I might think twice before I put the disk in my PS3.

Message 6 of 58 (464 Views)
Lombax Warrior
171 posts

Jul 1, 2012
Message 7 of 58 (453 Views)
Survivor
2273 posts

Jul 1, 2012

Where did I say a lag switch killed my system? I said someone used a lag switch right when I was spawning and I was somehow killed as I was falling. The game sent me into an automatic respawn glitch. It intensified the effects or kickstarted the glitch because the game probably didn't know how to process the information with so many things occuring at the same time on the battlefield.

I don't know if you know what the respawn glitch is, but you're either outside of the capsule falling to the ground, or you're in an infinite capsule animation falling to the ground in the capsule but you never land. You usually spawn into the game if you're outside of the capsule even if you're falling. You'll see your character falling instead of a capsule.

I first had the character falling where I got killed and froze in mid-air, then the game sent me into the infinite capsule fall. This caused the system to lock up and break the system. Here are examples.

I couldn't find a video of the character falling glitch when they're outside of the pod. The glitch was essentially the flash respawn where the game respawns you extremely fast but it locked up and shut down my system.

Message 8 of 58 (450 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
865 posts

Jul 1, 2012
My ps3 just froze twice today while play Starhawk (was pretty good for a while after the last stability update). Anyways, think I'll wait till the patch to put more hours into it...
Message 9 of 58 (435 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3756 posts

Jul 1, 2012

I've had that happen to me a dozen times. Its not a lag switch. It probably has to do with peoples connections. 

Message 10 of 58 (418 Views)
0 Likes