Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 15 2011
By: gwenael Uncharted Territory 1826 posts

Let's wait for E3

14 replies 201 views Edited May 15, 2011

We have seen the first Trailer , the first screenshots and got some info on how the game will be played .

For all of us who have been playing WH since day one and put a lot of time reaching the rank of general , Starhawk is not just any game , it's something we have been waiting for a while and we do have high excpections from the Light Box team .

We already know that it wont be a WH 2 , but if they want the dedicated and loyal fans of WH to jump in and play anoher few years,some elements of WH should be there .

In the first scrennshots , we have seen a jeep, a Hawk that transform into a ground robot , we can hope for some kind of futuristic tank and of course we don't know anything about how many different weapons and if some kind of bio field or wrench similar to the ones we have in WH will be present ( let's not forget that those things came in updates ) .

Anyway , let's wait for E3, as they have hinted that more will be revealed, before making our mind and knowing what Dylan and his team have done with WH , we should stay positive and hope for something amazing like we got in August 2007 .

Photobucket
Message 1 of 15 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4117 posts

Re: Let's wait for E3

May 15, 2011

Can't wait for E3!

E3 is like summer Christmas!

Message 2 of 15 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
230 posts

May 15, 2011

I totally agree w/ you it does not even seem that bad. Imagine warhawk without ant bases and we get to decide where the bases go, ect. The plane/mech thing seems pretty interesting as the turrets are I think unmanned.

Message 3 of 15 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3961 posts

May 15, 2011

hopefully they will release more at E3. If they are there I watched the GTTV special with Dylan and at the end they had games for E3 and starhawk wasn't one of them. maybe because they are not that far along as the game won't be out until 2012. that has me the most disappointed as it won't be a big christmas release :-(

I am very excited for this game, even if I too don't like all the screen shots. I think most were single player, but I feel the multiplyer from what I have seen should be pretty epic!!

as for updates... I can't wait for the jet motorcycles

starhawk16.jpg

Message 4 of 15 (201 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

May 15, 2011

Hopefully we can get some good gameplay at E3 for Starhawk.

Message 5 of 15 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3961 posts

May 15, 2011

gwenael wrote:

if some kind of bio field or wrench similar to the ones we have in WH will be present ( let's not forget that those things came in updates ) .

Photobucket

biofields are in. I think they are part of build and battle and can cover a whole base?

near the end of this video I believe

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/52930/starhawk-gameplay-video/

Message 6 of 15 (201 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1798 posts

May 16, 2011

I have never played Warhawk but it seems to me like a lot of people are writing this off as something dumb and not worth anyone's time.

Look at it as if your unfamiliar to the "series" such as myself. Starhawk in my eyes is something that as of right now, I would love to try out because it's something a little different. And the build and battle system looks awesome.

I agree. Wait until E3 this summer before any further opinions. E3 is going to be groundbreaking this summer I think, so many announcements...

And second, I heard a rumor that they announced this just to ease the PSN tension. So it may have been rushed and not properly announced as Light Box wanted it to be.

Message 7 of 15 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1826 posts

May 16, 2011

Drew5150 wrote:

gwenael wrote:

if some kind of bio field or wrench similar to the ones we have in WH will be present ( let's not forget that those things came in updates ) .

Photobucket

biofields are in. I think they are part of build and battle and can cover a whole base?

That would be good Drew

Photobucket
Message 8 of 15 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5809 posts

May 16, 2011

That's not a biofield you're seeing in the vids.  Its the same type of field the APC's put out now, and to use it, one must have all the rift energy they can get to do it.  Its been stated in a video it is the most expensive thing to 'buy' in the buildnbattle option.  It can, however, cover an entire base, I believe is what the commentator said.

Here's some sauce @ 11:36ish

Message 9 of 15 (201 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1174 posts

May 16, 2011

Drew5150 wrote:

gwenael wrote:

Photobucket

Its called a bubble shield not a bio field generator

Photobucket
Message 10 of 15 (201 Views)
0 Likes