Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Starhawk: Angry Rant SONY Breaks Deal with Lightbox

Oct 22, 2012

It isn't LBI's fault that Starhawk didn't live up to it's expectations. It's all SONY's fault.  I could assume that when LBI was developing Starhawk they had a deadline to meet and were forced by SONY to release the game unfinished. 

The guy ranting in this video I agree wih him 1 TRILLION PERCENT. I couldn't of said what he said any better. 

I wish LBI the very best and plenty of success. 

Please use plain text.
Message 581 of 928 (352 Views)
Sackboy
517 posts

Re: Lightbox Interactive Thoughts and Goodbye Mega-Thread

Oct 22, 2012

Warhawker07 wrote:

Bye LBI. You guys deserved it. The actions by SONY is well justified.

*Looks at user name*

Troll :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Message 582 of 928 (128 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7275 posts

Re: Starhawk: Angry Rant SONY Breaks Deal with Lightbox

Oct 22, 2012
Lets keep this alive
Please use plain text.
Message 583 of 928 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
171 posts

Oct 22, 2012
as much i agree with that guy, i don't think that sony markting would have helped sales going that much up that the game would have been considered a sucsess. online multiplayer games usually don't become a topseller because of official marketing. they become a hit because of wordspreading by people as time goes by. i mean look at call of duty. it took several titles and time before it became a top seller. so if people want this game to be a hit, they should do everything in their possibility to promote this game amongst people who like such games. for example: post gameplay on your youtube channel, spread word in school or work or buy copies for others if your rich. and so on...
Please use plain text.
Message 584 of 928 (328 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7275 posts

Oct 22, 2012
I will post pictures on my facebook, instagram, twitter, and if i can remember my info, then myspace(which no one will see)
Please use plain text.
Message 585 of 928 (324 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4677 posts

Message to SONY/SantaMonica and Community

[ Edited ]
Oct 22, 2012

I Propose:

You never buy another SONY exclusive again, if Santa Monica is not instructed by SONY to fix this game.

I paid full price for the limited edition back in MAY. And I do not like being ripped off.

What happened between SONY and LBI is a shame, but regardless of how you feel about that, it is between them.  There are many factors you are unaware of as a customer and outsider.

What I do know is I paid for a full game, and that is not what I have.  I have a game that is riddled with problems and requires ongoing support.

What I am asking to see is support in the form of communication and updates from SONY or Santa Monica, agreeing to address these problems.  Here in their forums would be nice.

What I think many of you forget or may not know due to experience yet, is all sales revolve around the Voice of the Customer.

That is you.  I can take this stand personally and SONY can laugh it off as the rest of you go on buying what they sell you.  But as a community if you take a stand, you will see the end results will leave you less wanting.

I know I will never buy another SONY exclusive if this game is left in it's current state.  I urge you to do the same.  Hold out for excellence for what your money (or in some cases your parent's money) is worth.

Please use plain text.
Message 586 of 928 (354 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Oct 22, 2012
I agree 100% with this video. Let's get this video viral!
Please use plain text.
Message 587 of 928 (295 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Re: Message to SONY/SantaMonica and Community

Oct 22, 2012
I like your idea, I'll just get dust 514, since it's free.
Please use plain text.
Message 588 of 928 (345 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Oct 22, 2012
Lulz OP is deluded.
Lightbox created this mess and you seem to be angry that Sony didn't clean it up.
Please use plain text.
Message 589 of 928 (286 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1172 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 22, 2012

While I agree with a large part of the video maker's comments about lack of a marketing campaign and how hard LBI did try to make a game they, themselves would want to play, I can't say it is "all" Sony's fault even as much as I would like to.

LBI was hired to make a game for Sony. LBI chose to make certain changes to the formula that so many enjoyed in Warhawk, to something "like" Warhawk but in too many ways, was nothing like what work in Warhawk. Hence nearly a year of forum debate.

Before all the Starhawk "fan boys" get their panties in a wad, I know this is not Warhawk 2, but Warhawk's "DNA" is all over Starhawk for a reason. Because it was fun and loved by a large and loyal community.

Dylan needed the core community from Warhawk to one, get behind this new project in hope of day one sales, and two, help in the development of the game to work out balance and game play. Debate still continues if that community was really listen to enough on the latter.

I don't know the reasons why LBI didn't get enough time to work out all the bugs and/or make a more compelling single player experience.

Sony (the entire company) has had major financial losses the last few years on all of their products and we see the PlayStation brand now suffer for it.

Was this the reason LBI was not given more time and little promotion for their game? Likely.

Rant all you want about the reasons this game and it's studio didn't get it's due but all we can do now is play it, help spread the word about it and hope Santa Monica Studio will treat this community with respect, work on some much needed fixes and continue to develop some new content down the road.

Please use plain text.
Message 590 of 928 (279 Views)