Nov 17, 2012
Sorry.
Message 11 of 113 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7276 posts

Re: Modern WallFare

Nov 17, 2012
Dont worry supert. I will be joining you early next week!
Message 12 of 113 (216 Views)
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Nov 17, 2012
I can imagine a team of superstarhawkers that all have their own specialties. You'd have the pilot, we'll call him Ace, The Depot guy, he's Tank, the guy who's specialty is with a jetpack, and sidewinders, probably Flea...

And then wall guy. Intro action sequence shows wall guy crossing dust on foot jumping from wall to wall that he builds as he traverses. We can call him Titan.

this is me helping
Message 13 of 113 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
87 posts

Nov 18, 2012

I was playing in a room with you and some other people phillyblunz and someone called me a "bob the builder" because I surrounded my zone with walls....i thought it was good to protect the zone but they made it sound like I was dumb.

Message 14 of 113 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Nov 18, 2012
Did they leave your walls up?

this is me helping
Message 15 of 113 (190 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1186 posts

Nov 18, 2012

Catrina_ wrote:

I thought it was good to protect the zone but they made it sound like I was dumb.

Building forts is almost always a dumb way to help your team.

If the server loadout allows for jet packs, jet bikes and the map gives easy access to Hawks then a fort doesn't do much good and uses up way too many building slots.

Some maps and loadouts benefit from well placed walls but not many.

You never really keep players out of your base for long no matter how many walls you build. I would suggest using building slots for something other than linked walls.

A wall or two at the entrance of your base to keep Razorbacks from road killing your team is wise. Creating choke points to slow the enemy down when trying to leave is also good.

But I will say nearly every time I join a game with a fort built, the team with the fort is losing badly. They just don't work unless you know when they can help more than hurt your team.

If you need a quick wall for cover be sure to reclaim it once the danger is gone. Building slots are just too limited to have stray walls all over the place. They also give the other team cover and again, this is why forts rarely work.

Know your loadout! If anything can jump in, fly in or just hope over you walls - then don't build a fort.:smileywink:

Message 16 of 113 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8715 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 21, 2012

Catrina_ wrote:

I was playing in a room with you and some other people phillyblunz and someone called me a "bob the builder" because I surrounded my zone with walls....i thought it was good to protect the zone but they made it sound like I was dumb.

To the blind, those with sight may appear dumb.

Just because others can not see your plan, (Usually because it is beyond their capacity of forward thinking)  does not mean your idea is bad.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Message 17 of 113 (154 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1170 posts

Nov 21, 2012

All i see is walls and beam turnips everywhere.

GIfreakyevil
Message 18 of 113 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Nov 21, 2012

Yesterday a mech attacked me, so I built wall to defend myself...

He jumped on top of it, flacked me, and flew away.

Message 19 of 113 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2611 posts

Nov 21, 2012
those BT yesterday in your server were annoying as hell freaky.

Seems like every Dust heavyweight server has 1 of 2 things going on.

If it's TDM then there's a team with 10+ BT/FT in the middle and forward. 90% of the time because the pilots on that team are afraid to attack the opposing teams pilots without them.

If it's CTF then it's an outpost rush. Screw skill. Lets turn a CTF match into spam the outposts match where any luck fluck can get it and run out.

The lack of limits in this game plays to the noobs favor and by noob I don't mean the level 1 people.
Message 20 of 113 (142 Views)