Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
8542 posts

Re: Modern WallFare

Jan 15, 2013

Rar!  I hate when i accidently build a wall when being attacked and trying to build something, anything else.

Usually trying to build a griz.

Though sometimes it works out.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Message 101 of 113 (202 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8542 posts

Jan 23, 2013

When playing assault the darn hawks ruin most of the fun.

When you can stealth in and take half a area, then shield to take the other half and throw in some cluster bombs the whole fight turns towards watching for invisible objects and not properly defending and what not.

I have been trying to come up with a wall strategy to combat this.

Seems if the space an invisible hawks can occupy is taken up by walls/turrets they would have a tougher time landing in the sweet spot every single time.  I know I have tried to land sometimes and if a turret is under you you start glitching and cant fire weapons for a moment, this is my goal.

Also would force them into a smaller space so its easier to plop some grenades where they most likely are.

I dont like the hawk in assault, for that reason and for the enemies who sneak into your base to grab hawks and then it turns to a A2A battle and wastes too much time. (Though I was probably one of the first people to try it out, as I did this my first assault match when the patch first came out.  How about I keep doing it and everyone else stops?  OK?)

Anyways I think placing walls perpendicular to the line of the capture zones limit could create channels hawks would not fit into.  Could likely get at least two walls like this, maybe 3?

It would also allow you a corner to get around quickley when the clusters come out of nowhere.

I will try and get something working and come back here to report.

Any suggestions?

(I know I'm gonna regret telling everyone and their dog to use hawks with stealth and shield to take assault zones but this is an unbalanced mess the way it is right now IMHO)

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Message 102 of 113 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8542 posts

Feb 19, 2013

I see people are getting the hang of the backward wall.

Most games of CTF I play now have the correct wall defenses, good to see.

Cheers.

Hawkfan267 wrote:

dulun18 wrote:
Message 103 of 113 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
151 posts

Feb 19, 2013

Any hawk pilot that lands in a wall trap deserves to be caught in it.

Message 104 of 113 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8542 posts

Feb 25, 2013

Marduk_1_3 wrote:

Any hawk pilot that lands in a wall trap deserves to be caught in it.

And so they shall be.

Hawkfan267 wrote:

dulun18 wrote:
Message 105 of 113 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8542 posts

Mar 19, 2013

Keep building walls guys, it is the way of the ground warrior!

In CTF the enemy will try to steal the flag and run to an open area to build a vehicle, this means you should limit the open areas they can run to,  consider this when encircling your flag with walls.

Cheers.

I have recently nearly perfected a wall defense strategy for Orbital, Is funny how many top players ijn the server get caught repeatedly, LOL.

Anyone interested?

Hawkfan267 wrote:

dulun18 wrote:
Message 106 of 113 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4677 posts

Mar 19, 2013

Do you fly yet?

and you'll never catch me in a wall trap.  :smileytongue:

Message 107 of 113 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8542 posts

Mar 19, 2013

I fly only once in awhile, Not a dogfighting champ or nothing.

In the air I find myself eternally being side flak'd, I hate it.

I like to distract with a hawk now and then but find the real fun of the game on the ground or in a jetpack.

And if we played CTF you might be surprised, the grinder only has so much ammo after all, and when the action gets hectic enough and you have to spawn in quick you will either have no grinder or very little ammo if spawn with grinder.

But I only catch flag runners obviously, if you dont run flags then you are right I'll never catch ya.  If you do in time I will.....

Hawkfan267 wrote:

dulun18 wrote:
Message 108 of 113 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1282 posts

Mar 20, 2013

Wow...you have a lot of time.

Sweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet Kitty

Emmett kitty is hungry.
Message 109 of 113 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8542 posts

Mar 21, 2013

velvet_123_cat wrote:

Wow...you have a lot of time.

yeah sure, thanks for stopping by, LOL.

Hawkfan267 wrote:

dulun18 wrote:
Message 110 of 113 (70 Views)
0 Likes