Treasure Hunter
7720 posts

Re: Modern WallFare

Nov 21, 2012

RubiconAlpha wrote:

Catrina_ wrote:

I thought it was good to protect the zone but they made it sound like I was dumb.

You never really keep players out of your base for long no matter how many walls you build. I would suggest using building slots for something other than linked walls.

Know your loadout! If anything can jump in, fly in or just hope over you walls - then don't build a fort.:smileywink:

I must stop this mis-information.

Walls should almost never be used to try to stop people from enetering your base!  This is wall myth #1 debunked.

Walls wont keep people out almost ever, the point of walls at your base/objective is to keep people from leaving, not entering.

Once you realise this, you can see many uses for walls.

Also as a response to your next post, standing on top of a wall does not make you invincible.  It simply gives you a much better chance to avoid that flak by creating an obsticle.  Hawks can not shoot flak straight through a wall, this is how you should be using them in that situation.

How about making 2 walls back to back so that a very small hallway is produced between them, standing in there makes you immune to most flak shots, except if the hawk flys away then dive bombs straight from above.

This is why camping is bad because players will find a way to get you if given enough time.

Thanks for posting though.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 113 (180 Views)
Wastelander
568 posts

Nov 21, 2012

Walls will not stop a torpedo strike. :smileylol:

photo Killzone4-Bilsebob_zps0c6567d9.png
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 113 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7720 posts

Nov 21, 2012

Bilsebob wrote:

Walls will not stop a torpedo strike. :smileylol:

Depends where you put it and the angle of the shot.

Making it hit a wall and detonate before it hits your base is possible, just not very plausable.

But torp takes a few minutes to come back, walls can be put back up in seconds.

Cheers.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 113 (160 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
865 posts

Nov 21, 2012
Very insightful Philly, people don't understand the art of wallfare
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 113 (156 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
45188 posts

Nov 23, 2012

Philly this thread belongs in the arcives of epic threads!

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 113 (146 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1138 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 23, 2012

Phillyblunz wrote:

I must stop this mis-information.

Walls should almost never be used to try to stop people from entering your base!  This is wall myth #1 debunked.

Walls wont keep people out almost ever, the point of walls at your base/objective is to keep people from leaving, not entering.

Sorry, put one player with the Jammer skill active, a grinder and/or room for a Grizzly drop will defeat most any well made mouse trap.

Walls slow you down at best when trying to leave and that's only if the team used them correctly.

You may believe walls serve some great purpose in the game but as someone that has hundreds of flag caps, I can say most experienced players laugh at all those fort builders and I would like to thank them for using up all their teams building slots and for the cover they gave me on my escape.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 113 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2611 posts

Nov 23, 2012
Yeah I have well over 500 flag caps and I can see both sides. Do they slow you down? Yea but only a little and it takes a team effort to make that short time you have count.

Its really dependent on the load out.
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 113 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
887 posts

Nov 23, 2012

Modern Wellfare?  Are we talking about all the crackheads and momma's with 6 babies from 6 different daddies?

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 113 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Nov 23, 2012
Ya know.... philly does alot to explain that walls are not fool proof. These strategies are pretty cool, and when used right, supplemented my infantry support, they can make up for some decent defense strategies.

this is me helping
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 113 (129 Views)
I Only Post Everything
865 posts

Nov 23, 2012
They're great when fighting on foot, specially coupled with stealthy
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 113 (124 Views)
0 Likes