Treasure Hunter
4677 posts

Re: Modern WallFare

Jan 7, 2013

I'm fairly certain it would work with gates as well without the 2 big drawbacks I mentioned above.

Message 51 of 113 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Jan 7, 2013
It would. I agree with that. Gates are good, but even in pubs, if you make yourself responsible over this in these maps, locking in your own noobs aint such a bad thing. If they do get locked in, its their fault and will have to redeploy.

Gates however are susceptible to noob activation, and enemy entry at their dispense. I have found that I often prefer walls over gates in many situations as to keep foes out. And if allies should suffer, **bleep** it. They should do their own thing.

this is me helping
Message 52 of 113 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4677 posts

Jan 7, 2013

Ok so to make my point....

Philly asked for a scenario.

Ladders out.

Does not force me to need Turret Jammer as my skill.  Because I can just walk up to the wall, heal from any injury sustained.  Then walk up and disarm turret.  Repeat.  Meanwhile, because I didn't need TJ to do this, I have Sqad Leader Equipped.

Now you have no turrets.

My teammate with Spawn with Grinder, spawns in, makes his exit and leaves.  Never having to wory about turrets.

Hell I can make the RB Depot while he does and we leave together.

Do you not see how the mounted turrets not being accessible is somewhat important??  Not only do they do damage, they somewhat dictate the skill of the attacker.

I know there are many combinations with Squad leader that are hard to stop....this can also be done with the all too cheap outposts as well.

But the key would be there are no turrets to deter or damage the guy taking the Flag.

Message 53 of 113 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Jan 7, 2013
Whoa, Irres, keep your arguments in one place. Are we talking about effective team strategies, or pubs?

Yes, that is one effective counter. What can we learn from an offensive like that, though? With all your walls, turrets, and prox mines, never leave your base unattendended. Plus an enemy with squad leader should never be given enough time to recoup from tearing down your defenses. Also, depending in just one way to defense is like leaving the toilet with a crusty **bleep**. Always check your weaknesses before you decide your business is finished.

Srsly, let's keep all hypotheticals with some controlled variables.

this is me helping
Message 54 of 113 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4677 posts

Jan 7, 2013

fine no squad leader...same with low profile....now I can walk in and out by myself as long as I picked up a grinder.

Message 55 of 113 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Jan 8, 2013
-_ -

How is that different from turning the walls ladder in?

this is me helping
Message 56 of 113 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4677 posts

Jan 8, 2013

you can't walk up and disable mounted turrets....did you even read what I posted??

Message 57 of 113 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Jan 8, 2013
Of course, but if you come in grinder blazing, the turrets become irrelevant.

this is me helping
Message 58 of 113 (152 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
865 posts

Jan 8, 2013
Backwards walls with floating turrets, beat that!
Message 59 of 113 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9934 posts

Jan 9, 2013

First off of course everything can be countered, almost.

But which loadout would not allow you to fly/jump over a wall?  This is why ladders in does not prevent access to your flag.

Place 8 walls and 24 turrets around your flag, I can drop in with a invisible hawk insta grab the flag as my hawk explodes, use the area between the flag pedistal and the walls to shelter me from your turrets.  Then while healing I build a vehilce outside the walls when at full health i simply climb the ladder and exit via the safest exit where I can have a vehilce waiting for me.  No special weapons or skills required.  If I did use some all the easier.  (I can use jetpacks/grizzlies/sidewinders all to the same effect as the hawk above, though sidewinder risk is great)

Now lets try that with ladders out.  I fly in, grab the flag, hawk gets destroyed now I have the flag and can take cover to heal but not get over the wall unless I have a grinder or there is room to build a griz(If even in the loadout).  I'm stuck.  Now if you have gates there I could probably destroy one with my grenades and again walk away though this may leave time for my death by a flag guardian.

Turrets dont bother me, and I usually never destroy more then one or two while taking the flag anyway.  People spam them so much I actually use turrets for cover from other turrets.  The exception is of course the floaters.

I just look at the games mechanics:

-If you dont have a flag walls will not even slow you down at all in almost any situation.

-If you have a flag walls are a huge obstical and require you to equip special weapons or vehicles to overcome.

Like you say you may not catch the same person more then once or twice per round, but there is 16 players going for your flag sometimes, you will catch most of the flag runners at least once.  Thats potentially 16 flag captures you prevented per round.  Of course we know not everyone goes for the flag.

And remember any time the enemy takes to remove structures is time you have to kill them more easily.

I would not make this thread and suggest strategies if they didnt work great for me fairly consistantly.

Everyone knows there are exceptions to every rule.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Message 60 of 113 (111 Views)