May 09 2012
By: Kargion Lombax Warrior 266 posts

Modes where hawks can't land or hawks can only be mechs

7 replies 7 views Edited May 9, 2012

This may be stupid to some but I would like a mode where you hawks have to fly or they have to be mechs.  This would make me feel that building walls is worth it.  I think its supper cool that they can transform.  It just feels that every match i play there is 4 mechs camping the spawn.  It forces me to build air defense rather than doing anything else in the match.  TDM feels like first to camp a base wins.  CTF feels like first to camp a base wins.  Zones feels ok since there is enough objectives to keep people from zerging bases.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3595 posts

Re: Modes where hawks can't land or hawks can only be mechs

May 9, 2012

Dogfight is the answer to your first suggestion.

I'd think the second suggestion would be unfeasible or unwanted because mechs aren't all that good if they stay on the ground for too long. Maybe if they were given the ability to boost up in the air like jetpacks, i'd welcome that and i think it should've been implemented since the start.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8839 posts

May 9, 2012

I've always thought it would be cool if the Mechs could move around quickly like gundams.. but yeah like Pentex said, Mechs are slow. It wouldn't be much fun to use them. 

photo ButteredSconesSig-1.jpg
Want to play League of Legends? Sign up here: https://signup.leagueoflegends.com/en/signup/index?ref=51b9087ba6e0c793407146
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
266 posts

May 9, 2012

I agree with mechs are to slow to just use them.  Maybe in mech only mode speed is increased.  Dog fights due help but when you have a full team camped in your base your not gonna be able to get into a hawk to shoot them down.  I just feel its way to easy to camp a base in game modes other than zones, and it feels its due to hawks.  Its just wierd you can build a wall but really its useless.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
314 posts

May 9, 2012

Give the mech too many abilities and you'll end up with a predicament similar to the hover base ravages of Warhawk.

Hawks are meant to be air vehicles, despite Lightbox's best efforts to invalidate the fun and enjoyment of dogfighting.

Don't like the enemy fortifications? Tear them down.

Blow sXXt up. Real simple, and you earn points for it.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
745 posts

May 9, 2012

ButteredScones wrote:

I've always thought it would be cool if the Mechs could move around quickly like gundams.. but yeah like Pentex said, Mechs are slow. It wouldn't be much fun to use them.

I actually have been thinking of something like this... i think that the Hawks should be able to hover in this game as well but only in mech form. I thought of it when i was playing in a space map earlier... Why am I falling with no gravity? So what if to land on the ground  you hve to swoop in close to land. Like the Hawks has magnets in this legs for a space map or something. Pertaining to the actual hover you could do it almost exactly as in WH. OR like a sustaining jetpack with the back triggers L2/R2 to adjust height. Get too close to the ground and you touch down.

photo Ssig1.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
253 posts

May 9, 2012

i support the idea of having a mode where Hawks can only fly off the launch pad...

I think it would be interesting to separate ground vehicles and the air vehicle...

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3916 posts

May 9, 2012

Kargion wrote:

Dog fights due help but when you have a full team camped in your base your not gonna be able to get into a hawk to shoot them down.

Unless the meaning of a dogfight has been changed since warhawk im pretty sure you spawn already in a hawk, so im not really sure how you can "camp" in a dogfight server.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (7 Views)
0 Likes