Jan 31 2013
By: HeadMonk First Son 6 posts

Mown Down Warfare

[ Edited ]
15 replies 298 views Edited Feb 1, 2013

Last night I got called a **bleep** on the mic by some dude upset that I'd run him over on my sidewinder. The guy had spent most of the game in the security of his tank - so not sure what his exact argument was. Anyway, I just wondered what are the forum's thoughts on how you should and shouldn't play the game. The 'right' etiquette I guess.

The following game the same guy left his tank (maybe to prove how hard he was) and spent the entire game in a bubble shield on a watchtower near a bunker and rocket launched his way to a high KDR. (shame it was a CTF game and he lost 2-0 but I guess these guys just care about KDR) But to me personally you can't go calling people out on the mic, if you sit in a shield or tank all game.

I understand there is a need for defensive players but don't understand them geting upset if I run them over. I'm after the flag and they're in my way after all. I'm on a very weak sidewinder and they have homing rockets, guys in grizzlys, tanks etc. Plus the never ending supply of mines to contend with. I need those vital spare seconds whilst they respawn.

I see other people sat in tanks on top of flags. I see people in grizzlys/jetpacks sat on the highest peaks surrounded by a shield and totally unable to get taken out. (Apart from the base raping that no doubt occurs at some point) For me thats what ruins games - people seeking an unfair advantage to nullify things.

Anyhow what are your feelings? Can I carry on running these plebs down with a clear conscience?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 16 (298 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7426 posts

Re: Mown Down Warfare

Jan 31, 2013
Welcome to starhawk. Just run them over.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 16 (294 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Feb 1, 2013
I do not need to camp in starhawk to have a good game. I get the most kills when I'm running around with the shotgun. No camping required. The only time I camp is when I play assault and zones.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 16 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3078 posts

Feb 1, 2013

GOW71 wrote:
Just run them over.

Yep.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 16 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2452 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 1, 2013

Ever since the Rocket homes in on Sidewinders it seems almost kamikaze to go road raging. Good luck to you!

photo FlashSig_zpsf2c14030.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 16 (255 Views)
Fender Bender
3078 posts

Feb 1, 2013

True.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 16 (252 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Feb 1, 2013

Thanks for the responses. I will keep on running them down.

Another issue arose today in regard to utter bellends building walls none stop. I mean purposefully building walls all over the map to ruin the game. I've seen it done now and then before but this was a concerted effort over a long period of games. One guy called something like GETOFFMYWANG even went as far as grabbing the flag and not returning it to base. Absolute tool.

I was initially the host of the game so I could get rid of them briefly but they'd return. And finally I got kicked from the game myself because they must have filed complaints against me for kicking them. Absolute joke that these guys a) exist and b) the developers don't seem to allow hosts the freedom to get rid of the douchbags.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 16 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7426 posts

Feb 1, 2013

Yeah this behavior can happen a lot in public servers.  Best to try and remember which ones they were and avoid them in the future.  Hosting your own like you said you did is a good choice, but if you end up with those kind of people they will rally against you and report you a few times and you get kicked out of your own server.  

You can combat that by changing your server name so it isn't your gamer tag, and don't tell people in game "I'm going to kick you" then they have no way of telling who the host is.  I call it "silent managment."

You should check out the community night PLYMCO_PILGRIM hosts every Wednesday @9pm eastern.  Stuff that like doesn't happen in there and you will get to meet a lot of us from the forums there.

Here:  http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Starhawk-General/Starhawk-Wednesday-Community-Event-and-Weekl...

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 16 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7270 posts

Feb 1, 2013
Think of it like this:

If he does something you dont like, do it back.

Its a '2 can play at that game' situation
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 16 (214 Views)
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Feb 1, 2013
If team switch is on, here are a couple fun ways to ruin someone's day, lovk them in a wall triangle, spam walls, destroy your teammate's structures, drive them off a cliff with a razorback kamikaze, raze the field in your own team's ox tank, and initiate self destruct sequence, leave them defenseless for a baserape..... its all really in case you wanna troll someone who really sucks, but honestly there are so many kids and foul players that it's nice tobjust kick back with friends here.

good luck finding real peeps here though. The place is full of rats and **bleep** kissers.

this is me helping
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 16 (209 Views)
0 Likes