Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 11 2013
By: IRRES169 Treasure Hunter 4677 posts
Accepted Solution

My new View on FT and Ground Noobs

20 replies 233 views Edited Jan 11, 2013

So I played in a game last night.  GTF on Basin

I was flying outnumbered 6v1, and owning because they were not good at all (we're talking utter noobs).

But soon I had Flak Turrets shooting at me from the half way point, and then pretty much my side of the map. 

Which made it difficult to fly, 1v1 much less 6v1.

At which point I got frustrated and got out of my hawk to go grind these down.  I see my ground troops...sniping from the front ledge in basin.  while their ground troops are diligently setting up turrets.

So I go take out a few of the turrets, now their 6 hawks are A2G'ing as we have no one in the sky.

So essentially a game that started us with us dominating the sky turned into BR for them.

This is where pilots would get mad and say FT suck and should be removed because they unbalance the game.

but the reality is:

We lost because my team was useless.  Which is the way it should be.  No one player should be able to take over a team game.  <- it took me some time to get to this because at first I was **bleep** at how gay the turrets were AND how scabs were now outplaying me with the help of these FT.

So if you are on the ground and don't understand why you need to rule the air to win, just assume it as truth.  Help your pilots out by doing things like taking out FT, and putting up your own.  There is a balance between air and ground and both are needed.  Don't make your pilots leave the air to do what you should be doing.

If you are an Elite Pilot, better than myself and there are many, and you are complaining about these FT, know that it is your ground teammates you should be mad at.  And, no, you should not be able to turn the game by yourself.

Message 1 of 21 (233 Views)
Fender Bender
2611 posts

Re: My new View on FT and Ground Noobs

Jan 11, 2013
True dat^
Message 2 of 21 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8743 posts

Jan 11, 2013

WHY U NO USE TJ?

Did flight dictate your skill to EM?

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Message 3 of 21 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2611 posts

Jan 11, 2013
Oh Philly. :/
Message 4 of 21 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4677 posts

Jan 11, 2013

Phillyblunz wrote:

WHY U NO USE TJ?

Did flight dictate your skill to EM?

6v1 without EM is very hard for me, even if they were noobs.  Plus I suspect their team had a few manned turrets, I considered it, then just saw more value in getting rid fo the turrets myself, hoping my team would learn from it. 

Message 5 of 21 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2611 posts

Jan 11, 2013
Maybe I'm the only one with this problem but when I use TJ it works for about 5 minutes then just decides to go have a drink. That for me is the worse skill because its a part timer.
Message 6 of 21 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4677 posts

Jan 11, 2013

I think if you were there we could've turned it as only one of us would've needed to get out of the air to take out turrets.

Message 7 of 21 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2611 posts

Jan 11, 2013
Probably. We've been known to do it in the past. Like I said for me TJ just never seems to stick. I find myself landing and going back to the skill menu to see if I really checked it. I know it's been a problem in the past for people so maybe it's just a glitch that never got fixed.
Message 8 of 21 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Jan 11, 2013

I don't think I've ever had TJ not work. I know I've thought that a couple times but it turned out there was just someone right near me that the turret was trying to get at and I was between them and the turret.

Message 9 of 21 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2611 posts

Jan 11, 2013
That's certainly a possibility in some cases but I've stood right next to them to test it and been fired upon without anyone else in the game. Here's where someone else mentions it but this is pre-release
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Starhawk-General/Turret-Jammer-Bug/m-p/37376715/highlight/tru...
Message 10 of 21 (198 Views)
0 Likes