Mar 25 2013
By: CrazEkid360 First Son 21 posts

My thoughts on Starhawk/Warhawk

22 replies 225 views Edited Mar 25, 2013

Warhawk=best game I have ever played

Warhawk ranks up there with the original PlanetSide in my mind. The game is just so amazing. Perfect balance and addicting, visceral gameplay that will keep you playing for years. Literally, I have been playing since the begining of beta and have not gotten tired yet. The game is just so amazing it's shocking it isn't more popular than it is. I have played Call of Duty, Battlefield, PlanetSide 2; all these games are just the same with different skins. Warhawk was truly innovative with amazing graphics and awesome vehicle/infantry/plane warfare. The DLC was absolutely amazing and added so much to the game(except the jetpack one, am not a huge fan of it). I really just cannot get enough of this game.

It saddens me that LightBox Interactive no longer works for Sony. Starhawk was an average game in terms of gameplay but is absolutely a technical marvle piece and am constantly blown away by the graphics. The build and battle system truly sets it apart from any other game out there. It's design is just too far away from the original Warhawk and doesn't have that same rewarding team based gameplay we all know and love. They should have done a direct sequel to Warhawk as the game has a pretty big fanbase/following and would no doubt have sold many, many copies. WarHawk 2 with better graphics, new maps, and all the DLC tied into one would have been perfect. I can only dream at what this team would have accomplished with a hawk title on PS4. I really hope their future IOS game is widely successful so they can one day work for Sony again. 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 23 (225 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4677 posts

Re: My thoughts on Starhawk/Warhawk

Mar 25, 2013

Thanks I have never heard any of that before.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 23 (212 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Mar 25, 2013
I love starhawk more than warhawk.

But I think they should have just made a warhawk 2.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 23 (199 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7269 posts

Mar 25, 2013
I dont believe in Warhawk 2 or Starhawk 2. When i played Warhawk, i didnt want a sequal. I wanted more DLC. Because what you describe is a another cookie cutter game: Same game, Different maps, dlc, some new features.

Thats why im happy they went Starhawk. Same roots, Different play style. If you dont like one, you might just enjoy the other because they are both different.

Now if they do another game, i want it to be a Hawk game. Not Warhawk2, Starhawk2. I want another prefix as another spiritual succesor. I would love that.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 23 (181 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Mar 25, 2013
I agree with southern.

Maybe we can get a "battlehawk" game. It should have water, air, and ground combat!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 23 (177 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7269 posts

Mar 25, 2013
Heck yea!

I kinda want BnB to return. But actually have the maps populated.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 23 (169 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7269 posts

Mar 25, 2013
@supert: imma have to tweet dylan about that!
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 23 (168 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Mar 25, 2013
Ok!!!! Tell me want he says!!
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 23 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7269 posts