Jul 28 2012
By: CALI_K1llA Hekseville Citizen 333 posts

Nerf Engine Mods!!!

40 replies 452 views Edited Jul 28, 2012

Seriously, I was just in a server where a European guy in an American server could dodge everything I was throwing at him.  Why?  He was using CAF, with shield, and running the all mighty skill: Engine Mods.  

The skill makes you crazy fast.  Not only that it makes missile dodging too easy.  I fly Advanced and dodging with engine mods is way too easy.  It's the only competitve flight skill.  I want to be able to join a server and see a variety of skills used in the air.  I like to use scavenger, but how can I can when everyone is going faster than I am.  Seriously LBI, it upsets the already broken air balance.  

P.S.  Reduce shield to 33.  

P.S.S.  I would like to see something to tell us what skill the player that killed me is using. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 41 (452 Views)
Survivor
2065 posts

Re: Nerf Engine Mods!!!

Jul 28, 2012

How can you tell if a player is from EU?

Interested in playing DUST?

Use this recruitment link to get free items once you sign-up: https://dust514.com/recruit/TbXlqE/

Mail me in-game (Knight Soiaire), or, join the 'Learning Coalition' chat channel if you need any help.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 41 (446 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

Jul 28, 2012

I've seen him host a server.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 41 (442 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
672 posts

Jul 28, 2012
That's the baggage you get with a skill/perk system. I can't believe you actually want to slow things down, though...Hawk feels like a dern jalopy without Engine Mods.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 41 (433 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

Jul 28, 2012

Flint_Prophet wrote:
That's the baggage you get with a skill/perk system. I can't believe you actually want to slow things down, though...Hawk feels like a dern jalopy without Engine Mods.

Actually I don't want it to be slowed exactly.  I just want the missile scrubbing to be equal with and without engine mods.  It's just to unbalanced.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 41 (431 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
71 posts

Jul 28, 2012
They should remove Engine Mods and increase Hawk speed slighlty. All problems solved.

Even better, remove all skills from the game.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 41 (415 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1062 posts

Jul 28, 2012
i want the base speed increased and the speed increase from engine mods to be decreased by 20%.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 41 (406 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
593 posts

Jul 28, 2012

UnKnOwN_FoRcE0 wrote:
i want the base speed increased and the speed increase from engine mods to be decreased by 20%.

This.

If you up the base speed and reduce the engine mod gain, it should be a noticeable difference but not a drastic change like it currently is.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 41 (383 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Jul 28, 2012
Dump the skill choice then buffer it into the game for everybody.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 41 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4677 posts

Jul 28, 2012

CALI_K1llA wrote:

Seriously, I was just in a server where a European guy in an American server could dodge everything I was throwing at him.  Why?  He was using CAF, with shield, and running the all mighty skill: Engine Mods.  

The skill makes you crazy fast.  Not only that it makes missile dodging too easy.  I fly Advanced and dodging with engine mods is way too easy.  It's the only competitve flight skill.  I want to be able to join a server and see a variety of skills used in the air.  I like to use scavenger, but how can I can when everyone is going faster than I am.  Seriously LBI, it upsets the already broken air balance.  

P.S.  Reduce shield to 33.  

P.S.S.  I would like to see something to tell us what skill the player that killed me is using. :smileywink:

I know you will get mad, but I have to :smileytongue:

R2 = boost.  :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 41 (369 Views)
0 Likes