Fender Bender
3756 posts

Re: Nerf Engine Mods!!!

Jul 28, 2012

Nerf, No. 

Make every vehicle in this game have engine mod for everyone.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 41 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

Jul 28, 2012

IRRES169 wrote:

CALI_K1llA wrote:

Seriously, I was just in a server where a European guy in an American server could dodge everything I was throwing at him.  Why?  He was using CAF, with shield, and running the all mighty skill: Engine Mods.  

The skill makes you crazy fast.  Not only that it makes missile dodging too easy.  I fly Advanced and dodging with engine mods is way too easy.  It's the only competitve flight skill.  I want to be able to join a server and see a variety of skills used in the air.  I like to use scavenger, but how can I can when everyone is going faster than I am.  Seriously LBI, it upsets the already broken air balance.  

P.S.  Reduce shield to 33.  

P.S.S.  I would like to see something to tell us what skill the player that killed me is using. :smileywink:

I know you will get mad, but I have to :smileytongue:

R2 = boost.  :smileytongue:

R2 with engine mods= MEGA boost.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 41 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
281 posts

Jul 28, 2012
Hawks do feel sluggish without Engine Mods, I wouldn't mind if they scrapped it and just gave everyone the speed boost by default.
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 41 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
160 posts

Jul 28, 2012
Was i the 1 dodging all your missles?
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 41 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
747 posts

Jul 28, 2012

I don't think dodging missiles is any easier or harder with or without the skill..

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 41 (225 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13627 posts

Jul 28, 2012

KaptainEpik wrote:

I don't think dodging missiles is any easier or harder with or without the skill..

Its a little easier with it in AF. I don't know how much better it is for CAF, but its either a lot better, or not at all; I see no-name CAF pilots that can dodge everything with Turret Jammer or Field Mechanic on, so...

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 41 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2126 posts

Jul 29, 2012

They should remove Double Tap R2 altogether. It doesn't activate the majority of time and I liked it in the beta where you could just press R2 to boost.

Just imagine driving a car where you had to double tap the gas peddle to move. Hello death.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 41 (214 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13627 posts

Jul 29, 2012

SILVERX200 wrote:

They should remove Double Tap R2 altogether. It doesn't activate the majority of time and I liked it in the beta where you could just press R2 to boost.

Just imagine driving a car where you had to double tap the gas peddle to move. Hello death.

The only time it doesn't work is if you are getting a warning for out of bounds. Otherwise it works fine.

I'm always holding down R2 for the boost, then speed away when I have to

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 41 (206 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1062 posts

Jul 29, 2012
actually theres a glitch when it doesnt activate and the out of bounds warning does not come on either.
I was in the middle of the basin map and was near the floor and no matter how many time i double taped R2 the boost would not activate.
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 41 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2126 posts

Jul 29, 2012

The boosting is glitched, so don't try to act as though it only happens if you go out of bounds. There is absolutely no reason to have to double tap, because it was fine in the beta when you just needed to hold R2 to boost. There are even problems when you first get in a Hawk and the control wants to keep you level if you're trying to ascend.

It doesn't happen all the time, but you need to either double tap the analog or push the up direction forcefully to ascend. It's always random.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 41 (194 Views)
0 Likes