Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Re: New DLC?

Jan 4, 2013
Bah! I won't go into an expose of how it can fragment the community. But groundpounder TDMs are very prominent and that's in spite of grizzly ownership. Regardless F2P also brackets players from free to grind, or pay to win. Both are fragmented monetization structures.

this is me helping
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 38 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7272 posts

Jan 4, 2013
Oooh ok. So you disagree with more DLC.
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 38 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Jan 4, 2013
I don't. I disagree with a free to play model.

this is me helping
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 38 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1319 posts

Jan 4, 2013

Southern_DuDe_20 wrote:

there should be one more patch that contains connection fixes, server options, and i wouldnt mind another planet or too. there should also be the thing in the patch that allows all future DLC vehicles/add ons to be compatable with the game.

they should then slowely release the DLC in waves so they bring in money while letting the player base not become too over whelmed and stretching out replay value of the game. this should also begin to advertise starhawk because when new things come out for things, it becomes advertied on the psn store on the front page.

after a certain ammount of dlc as came out, they should start offering bundles, discounts, sales, and some freebies wile still putting out content so it makes players buy more, and newcomers want to buy te game. Who doesn't love loads of dlc?

then they should comunicate with SMS for connection issues just incase they need some "hotfixes".

This is what i would do. but im just an ordinary 15 year old. :mantongue:

gotta agree but if I`m not mistekan, PSN charges devs to put DLC on the PSNstore (wich is why Dylen Jobe mentioned a price issue for 1.5). Ity would make sense, if you think you can make a good profit ("investment") in making DLC, you pay your employees, pay to post (maybe adverstize depending how good it is, or how profibitle you beleive it to be) and hope for the best, if it works you gain even more then you spent...otherwise bad things happen, which is why MANY of the DLC made is forum/fan based, if they want it, they will buy it.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 38 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7272 posts

Jan 4, 2013
@samo im curious. How would you do it :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 38 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Jan 4, 2013
Thr best free to play games I have played so far were actual PSN demos with 6kb game unlocks. The 6kb code is what costs money, but the demo (f2p portion) is the game seller.

Like Dyad and Sound Shape's PS3 demos. except that in those cases, they're single player games.

a mulyiplayer game is a little harder to sell based on demos and free to play, but so far I have seen 2 incredibly convincing setups that I'd love to see done for starhawk. Killzone 3's multiplayer demo, and Warhawk's multiplayer demo.

Level 1-10 all free. One map, one mode, one loadout.

Unfortunately, since Starhawk doesn't have dedicated servers, or first party hosted servers it would be much harder to set up.

this is me helping
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 38 (118 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7272 posts

Jan 4, 2013
KUDOS! But what about DLC? (i never played Dyad nor KZ) DLC in SS(i have it) was great. I cant say it fractured the community, its single player. But what made users buy it was that the game became repetitive. So adding DLC to the repetitiveness gave a new feeling.

As for SH, yea, DLC could have fractured the community like warhawk did(and i honestly hate that. I cant find good games on maps i like). But the way LBI did starhawk, yea the community is a little seperated, but they still get to be together in one whole. As in warhawk, you get botted out because you dont have the Broken Mirror or Omega Dawn pack. With Starhawk, we all get to play as one. It could have been worst.
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 38 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Jan 4, 2013
Dlc? other than the continued development of said products past the game's shipment date dlc should never feel pay to win or pay to get any competitive edge over any opponent. I don't agree with the pod launcher and grizzly as paid items, I said this before. But to add insult to injury the loadouts were changed to standardise the use of both items, sort of giving players some incredibly compelling reasons to buy the DLC.

One saving grace is the price drop, though I paid full price and dont regret that, i wouldn't like to have to pay for something that an enemy can also buy just to get an edge. For single player it works, but multiplayer it's sensitive.

Mass Effect did an incredibly good job about monetizing its multiplayer. But it makes more sense with that game, as its all co-op. And the game was structured with that in mind. Built from the ground uo like that. Starhawk was not.

this is me helping
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 38 (110 Views)
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Jan 4, 2013
At least we could have been given the option to have servers that ban DLC, but no. We don't get the old heavyweight.

this is me helping
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 38 (109 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7272 posts

Jan 4, 2013
Ok now i understand.
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 38 (105 Views)
0 Likes