Jan 04 2013
By: Samokoske Fender Bender 3293 posts

Newbie Roomie

42 replies 308 views Edited Jan 4, 2013

I noticed others doing the noob room thing, and idk.... idk.... I find some of them sketchy. One of them i got into to get my skill kills, and it was all a little weird. Although I love what Balls and Philly do with noobs, this will be a weekend server I'll be hosting to welcome and invite newcomers to the game. Also since I know who is more or less acing the game, I'll make sure to moderate and prune offenders. The only things I can promise is that I'll work to coordinate with Philly and his newbie clan for recruitment of noobs, talk to the guys who run the flight training nightly to see if I can get them to participate in the welcoming comittee, but I'll end up hosting these servers myself, while keeping a casual light on things and giving instructions and tips for newcomers.

Mostly the rounds will be made keeping in mind the skills we need to unlock to be competitive in starhawk. Some of these skills are not easy to come by, and I do know a couple of ways to expedite that process. Also in light of a more welcoming server, I'll work to keep this room PG, so as not to allow offenders into the larger community, lest they get excepted to a group of a clan that tolerates those behaviors on their own merits.

I will also pepper in a small variety of shorter rounds of different types to introduce, and accomodate their experiential needs. If I'm wrong, please tell me otherwise, but everyone should know what Zones, and Assault is all about. Also, since flight is important, a few rounds of Gatekeeper is in accordance.

Anyways. Onto the rounds, rules and setup of this server:

Newbie Roomie!

24 players

All Talk: On

Split Teams: On

Random Teams: On

Team Switch: Off

The rounds will be as follows with their times, limits, layout, loadout, and special rules as follows:

Narrows - DM (25 mins, 25 kills)

Orbital - TDM - Trooper (45 mins, 1000 kills)

Lost Canyon - CTF - Ground Pounder (25 mins, 8 caps)

Narrows - Gatekeeper (20 mins, 50 pts.)

Hollow - Assault - Lone Wolf (12 mins)

Junction - Zones - Arena (25 mins, 2500 pts.)

Outlands - TDM - Heavyweight (45 mins, 500 kills)

Fracture - CTF - Speeder (25 mins, 10 flags)

Apogee - Zones - Classic (20 mins, 2500 pts.)

Just like my short rounds server being held on the weekdays, let me know what I could do better. This is also open participation, thanks.

this is me helping
Message 1 of 43 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Re: Newbie Roomie

Jan 5, 2013
I'm not too good at figuring out who is a newbie and who is not. Level 7 bronze plaques come in these rooms, as well as level 50 regs. It's strange.

The debut of this server has been very well recieved. Thank you again, Steve for coming through. Grats on your prox skills. Come in during Orbital for some grinder unlocks. There is a special rule there, that allows ya'll to gain easier kills on special weapons.

Only one verbal offender, and it got disgusting to a point where I could not handle it. Went on a kicking spree trying to find the culprit. Kicked 2 innocents first (lol. but i sent them an invite after with an apology). I think I'll be doing this on my alt, seeing as this account already has most of the skills.

This will be a weekend thing happening around noon EST. The other shorter rounds were interesting with noobs. I learned alot. Lol. GK was fun for them, the DM was a good ice breaker, ctf and zones were horrendous. They were running around like headless chickens. It's a shame I let my nephew play instead of me during those rounds. Still.

Opening again tomorrow at noon! (Going to see if this server is still up though)

this is me helping
Message 2 of 43 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7276 posts

Jan 5, 2013
If you are doing this on a reg, i can add this and the 3 shots to the calender if you want.
Message 3 of 43 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7276 posts

Jan 5, 2013
Sorry, i meant 3 beers Smiley Very Happy
Message 4 of 43 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Jan 5, 2013
Both Smiley Very Happy

this is me helping
Message 5 of 43 (268 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7276 posts

Jan 5, 2013
Lol give me specifics, and ill do the rest! Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 43 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Jan 5, 2013
Friday, saturday, sunday from noon EST on is this one (keep the names. But do you have a funnier idea for a noob room name?)

Monday-Friday, 9 PM 3 Beers, Jello Shots, & Short Rounds!

All dates and times are subject to change. Announcements in their respective threads occur live. Open participation.......

jesus. Southern Dude, I'm sick and dying here. Read the OPs. Smiley Tongue

this is me helping
Message 7 of 43 (247 Views)
MVP Support
9697 posts

Jan 5, 2013

Overall, this was a lot of fun last night, but there's something that still bothers me...

During the Outlands TDM match, four straight drops, I was killed during my drop back into battle (as in my pod was destroyed immediately upon hitting X to deploy, and my dead body fell to the ground).  The fifth time, I was taking damage during my drop inside the pod.

Lag?  Glitch?  Something else?  It's the first time it's happened to me.

Message 8 of 43 (236 Views)
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Jan 5, 2013
I wasn't there for that. But next time hopefully I'll be more involved. So if it happens again, we'll try to get some solutions for you.

this is me helping
Message 9 of 43 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2068 posts

Jan 5, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

Overall, this was a lot of fun last night, but there's something that still bothers me...

During the Outlands TDM match, four straight drops, I was killed during my drop back into battle (as in my pod was destroyed immediately upon hitting X to deploy, and my dead body fell to the ground).  The fifth time, I was taking damage during my drop inside the pod.

Lag?  Glitch?  Something else?  It's the first time it's happened to me.

Probably some massive lag, hosting must have been given to someone with bad connection.

There has been times where I've spawned and have fell through the map because of lag. SH doesn't seem to have great host migration.

Message 10 of 43 (218 Views)
0 Likes