Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 08 2013
By: Nanashi707 Sackboy 499 posts

Next Iteration needs a "Cinema"/"Replay" Mode

11 replies 146 views Edited Mar 8, 2013

Just saying. It REALLY helps encourage people to participate in the community. This way you can save clips from matches you played and send them around to people so they can make best plays videos ( a bit overdone where I come from, but Starhawk has none as far as I know and that is a great starting point), montages, edits, etc.

Right now it's especially good because most players don't have recording equipment (PVRs), however I guess in the future, since the PS4 will have the share button maybe it won't be as necessary?

Cutter
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (146 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7276 posts

Re: Next Iteration needs a "Cinema"/"Replay" Mode

Mar 8, 2013
Great idea!
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Mar 8, 2013
We can only HOPE!
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2548 posts

Mar 8, 2013

I've been wanting this since starhawk relseased! that and custom loadouts even if it wouldn't be possible to have a ranked game with a custom loudout

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (112 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
48434 posts

Mar 8, 2013

We do have a few people who record/upload gameplay to youtube but it would be cool if there was a built in feature like you said!  I'd use it for sure!

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Mar 8, 2013
It would have helped for The Harlem shake video!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (93 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1176 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 9, 2013

Sony plans on using such a feature as a "share" mode to upload gameplay for PS4 games.

I highly doubt any such feature will be added to Starhawk but one thing I do wish for is letting the creator of a server host and have access to the "spectator" mode.

I would host more severs if I could just watch or be away from my game without unbalancing which every team I'm on.

There is already a spectator mode, we just don't have access to it other than a select few. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1043 posts

Mar 8, 2013

If anyone does start recording matches you it would be funny to make like a blooper video of some of the ways people get killed or anything funny. Watching myself start to lose control in my hawk and crash into a mountain would be pretty good to catch on a video.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
41 posts

Mar 8, 2013

I'd love for this to be in the game!

PSN: DarthPlanet97
 photo StarHawkProp_zps80f9f398.png
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
499 posts

Mar 8, 2013

RubiconAlpha wrote:

Sony plans on using such a feature as a "share" mode to upload gameplay for PS4 games.

I highly doubt any such feature will be added to Starhawk but one thing I do wish for is letting the creator of a server host and have access to the "spectator" mode.

I would host more severs if I could just watch or be away from my game without unbalancing which every team I'm on.

There is already a spectator mode, we just don't have access to it other than a select view. :smileysad:

The cinema WOULD encompass spectator as well. For instance, in addition to switching from all the player POVs you could also arrange the camera freely and watch the match play out from some angle you positioned.

I am fully aware it is too late to implement this kind of thing in Starhawk. It's just important to consider it for next time definitely.

Cutter
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 12 (71 Views)
0 Likes