Jul 11 2011
By: jason_ac Gaming Beast 2277 posts

No female figures...so how about female-ish customizations?

157 replies 261 views Edited Jul 11, 2011

Lightbox said no female figure due to RAM constraints. The WH figure has extensive customizations with clothing...helmet, backpacks, etc. If SH will do the same, why not make 1 head option have a "helmet" which is actually women's hair in a bun (or a bad*** but feminized helmet). Give it slightly-feminized bad*** warrior chick sunglasses & a facemask and that could camouflage the male features enough to pass as a female head. And how about a bad*** feminized "jacket" that bestows breasts on the figure? 1 head & 1 jacket and voila, instant "female" character. Could also make some bad*** feminized legs/boots.

The Warhawk wiki is here
Message 11 of 158 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1781 posts

Re: No female figures...so how about female-ish customizations?

Jun 30, 2011

hahahahaha.. ya knw I was wondering whn the female gamrs were goin to start posting ths...

I think they jst havnt shown any female models but are

planning on placen thm into the game... If you hvnt noticed thr is many reports of starhawk

being a "sandbox-like" game.. thr is a neat workaround tht comes with sandbox titles.. CHARACTER

CUSTOMISATIONS! and not to frgt numerous automated events tht spawn during gameplay...

So i believe thr will be female models/skins u will be able to customise and wr frilly outfits...

thr has only been 2 vehicles and 2 main characters shown.. thr is still a lot of stuff the developrs

have not given to the audience... they also follow closely to facebook and forums...

I think female charactrs are a good idea since.. im sure numrous females play the warhawk...

EkuquoL

I'm on Twitter

Check it
Message 1 of 158 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2277 posts

Jun 30, 2011

EkuquoL wrote:

I think they jst havnt shown any female models
I'm on Twitter

Check it

No, Lightbox has actually stated there will be no female characters, due to memory limitations. Now maybe they'll later decide they were wrong, or decide to sacrifice something to put them in...but if not, I'm suggesting my customization idea.

And yes, I know a skin is not the same as a model or a model customization, although some people don't make the distinction.

The Warhawk wiki is here
Message 2 of 158 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2054 posts

Jul 4, 2011

no female skins.. again???  I'm very disappointed. 

Message 3 of 158 (261 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
50144 posts

Jul 8, 2011

jason_ac wrote:

Lightbox said no female figure due to RAM constraints. The WH figure has extensive customizations with clothing...helmet, backpacks, etc. If SH will do the same, why not make 1 head option have a "helmet" which is actually women's hair in a bun (or a bad-a_s_s but feminized helmet). Give it slightly-feminized bad-a_s_s warrior chick sunglasses & a facemask and that could camouflage the male features enough to pass as a female head. And how about a bad-a_s_s feminized "jacket" that bestows breasts on the figure? 1 head & 1 jacket and voila, instant "female" character. Could also make some bad-a_s_s feminized legs/boots.

For Warhawk documentation & gameplay tips visit the Warhawk Wiki

Is Warhawk out of date? No, it's the HawkJunkie's training ground for Starhawk! Pwn Starhawk newbies from day 1! :smileywink:

OH thats bogus. 

Im not a girl but I have girls in my MAG clan that will come over to starhawk.   There are lots of women gamers out there developers need to smarten up and cater to them too.

Message 4 of 158 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

Jul 8, 2011

Totally! I agree. I'm not a girl gamer either, but this really should be addressed (even as an update).

Our gals deserve to have their own customizations that aren't so macho.

I always kinda felt for those ladies stuck with dude characters in Warhawk.

Message 5 of 158 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Jul 9, 2011

Femaleish customizations are stupid. Give me a decked out super model with a kim kardashian ass so I can have something to look at while i'm running between bases.

Message 6 of 158 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12345 posts

Jul 10, 2011

jason_ac wrote:

EkuquoL wrote:

I think they jst havnt shown any female models
I'm on Twitter

Check it

No, Lightbox has actually stated there will be no female characters, due to memory limitations. Now maybe they'll later decide they were wrong, or decide to sacrifice something to put them in...but if not, I'm suggesting my customization idea.

And yes, I know a skin is not the same as a model or a model customization, although some people don't make the distinction.

For Warhawk documentation & gameplay tips visit the Warhawk Wiki

Is Warhawk out of date? No, it's the HawkJunkie's training ground for Starhawk! Pwn Starhawk newbies from day 1!

LOL! Is that what they are telling people?  FYI that is a complete fabrication.  hehe, memory constraints, give me a break LOL.

They are not using female characters for some entirely different reason. Whether that be a moral, ethical or social based limitation, I guarantee that adding a female character isn't going to be any different memory wise than a male character.

Perhaps if she had long wavy hair that blows around in the wind, which would require special coding, physics and memory, but what about a scrunchy or some kind of hair tie?  Females in the military always have their hair bunched up anyway.  And I'm sure there is plenty of other physical traits aside from the hair that would identify a character as female.

For whatever the reason they are not adding female characters, memory constraints has got to be at the end of the list.  My guess would be that they do not like the idea, and image, of killing females in a video game, which is understandable.

Message 7 of 158 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Jul 10, 2011

I'm pretty sure they aren't adding it because of demographic not because of ethical, moral or social based limitations like someone stated. In the market you realize one thing, you have a group of consumers to cater to and there are special things about them that make them want to buy your product. To be straight and to the point, they're saying they won't add female characters because they probably have statistics that say there are more males buying their game than females, so why cater to the smaller demographic more so than the bigger one? It's about money people, either that or whoever their publisher is doesn't want female characters in their game for some reason. But eh, it's sad that no one likes catering to that underground crowd of gamers these days, not even just a little. I might be overlooking it and thinking that actually.. but either it's because of demographic of gamers or because the models in this game are actually immense in memory. I mean the rendering itself is more awesome than before.. I don't know why they'd have any other reason to state why they won't add females, I mean I think they have females on their team anyway.

Haha now that I look at it, maybe the design team just isn't experienced in designing sexy looking female warriors because they're all used to creating bald space marines or muscular bad(@)ss men.

Message 8 of 158 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
335 posts

Jul 11, 2011

1. The idea presented would be worse than nothing at all. Once you give only 1 or very few options to women, it ends giving women under representation in the game and turns into what looks like a sexist comment even if it's not intended that way. The women get one customization for themselves and the men get 50 (random guess).

1a. The way to go around it would be to make an equal version of every single piece of armor offered to the guys. That would mean it would take up double the space that the skins already take up to cater to a small demographic. Not only would it take up double the space, but also double the time. It takes LOTS of time just to make one skin for the character. The less time spent doing that means, the more time (and space... don't forget about space) that they can spend on something else that may be more critical to the game.

2. You do just know that color options will be available like in Warhawk. Ladies will be able to decorate their character in all kinds of color if they want.

3. I'm not so sure female outcasts would look "cute".

It'll be great everyone. I'm sorry to you ladies out there, but I do really hope you understand.

Think of every day, every challenge, every triumph -and indeed - every defeat... as feathers on your wings. Then one day, the sum of all your wisdom will let you fly... Where only eagles dare!

Message 9 of 158 (261 Views)
0 Likes