Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Re: No female figures...so how about female-ish customizations?

Jan 7, 2013
Lol!

Don't forget about the bathroom and bedroom maps!
Please use plain text.
Message 151 of 158 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7256 posts

Jan 7, 2013
Bedroom maps? This game would become M if that happened. There would also be a whole bunch more of Preg SweetTooths.

And PMS mode sounds pretty interesting XD
Please use plain text.
Message 152 of 158 (177 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Jan 7, 2013
Lol!
Please use plain text.
Message 153 of 158 (175 Views)
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Jan 7, 2013
I would make a PMS exclusive server on fridays.

And Supert, RAM is a short term memory cache your computer, phone, or console uses to make on the spot processes. It is flash based, so the size is small but the speed is fast. The larger the ram though, the more processes your computer can do in house before stuttering.

this is me helping
Please use plain text.
Message 154 of 158 (168 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4677 posts

Jan 7, 2013

I remember this thread

"Starhawk's got 99 problems but a **bleep** aint one"

:smileylol:

Please use plain text.
Message 155 of 158 (160 Views)
PlayStation MVP
45188 posts

Jan 21, 2013

PhoenixArcher128 wrote:

Personaly, I don't really care one way or the other. Would it be nice? Sure it would.

There's a few big reasons I keep hearing about why many devs don't have female models in MP games (especially shooters) that actually make some sense:

1) Female models aren't the same size as males. This is where the memory 'excuse' comes in. For the low-memory-using option, to take a femal skin over a male model and put it side-to-side with a male skin/male model now would look horrible; no matter how good-looking both are. Face it, we're not built the same, and because of the focus on graphics and realism now (and just the better tech and what that brings) it just can't be done that way. In the past, sure; I've seen great games with one female-skin-type-characters and it really didn't look out-of-place. But that was with models that aren't all that detailed (and many people would cringe at if we had them today, especially with the nice HD sets everyone seems to have to have...). But now? It just won't work. Can you imagine the hate devs would get if their female characters aren't *perfect* in the MP, especially in a third-person game where guys would make these characters just to stare at them as they play?

Also, because of the size and proportion differences, you could have two different hitboxes for the sexes; you can imagine what would happen then, and the nightmare it would be to balance this, if it could be balanced...

2) Harassment. Yeah, believe it or not, this would happen a lot more then it would without the models. Being able to quickly identify a woman (or a possible woman for those men who like to play as a female in all their games...) just makes them targets. I'm sure everyone has heard the tales in WoW of males just giving all sorts of stuff to female characters they meet (whether or not they really are a woman), and even more if they prove they have a female voice (stories often say that the impersonator grabs his GF or mom or sister to say a few lines as 'proof')

Just me saying something on my mic gets me a lot of negative reactions, no matter how I am playing, or even what game or where in-game. Sometimes I get guys who react in a 'good' way, but those are not nearly as common as the bad. I hate hearing all the "wait...there's a GIRL in here?!?" type comments, and the constant questions about it. Its completely uncalled for. I mean, should I start being surprised when a guy gets on their mic and start questioning them and doing stuff like that to them? No (it would also just not work whatsoever). As a result, I don't have my mic on much if I'm not with my friends and clanmates. I don't even want to think about the reactions if I had a female character in-game when I refuse to turn my mic on (normally when  playing solo). 

And for those that read this line, I sometimes enjoy playing the Devil's Advocate...

Do I think more MP games should have female models to use? Yeah, it would be nice. I wouldn't mind having a skin just for this in customization. I don't really care about graphics unless they give me a headache (which does happen occasionally). I really wouldn't mind the suggestion of having on set of cloths/armor/whatever that is female-like. It would be nice actually.

Neither of these points are actually that important to me; however, I know they are many other people (I'm sure devs are more keen on point #2...) who are concerned with one or both.

It is what it is; maybe they'll add something down the line...

I know, great debut post on this forum...am looking forward to the game, though...trying to at least get to "decent" in Warhawk before this comes out...

ArmyLuke I do not find Phoenix's opinion to be sexist at all.

Please use plain text.
Message 156 of 158 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Jan 22, 2013
Supert called it.

this is me helping
Please use plain text.
Message 157 of 158 (124 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
45188 posts

Jan 22, 2013
So is that comment I quoted a feminist/sexist comment, anyone anyone?  Bueller, Bueller.......
Please use plain text.
Message 158 of 158 (93 Views)
0 Likes