Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
627 posts

Re: Loadout Request / Female Character Request

Jul 4, 2012
I find that very hard to believe. Unless the females they tried do add had a size million bra.
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
254 posts

Jul 4, 2012

I guess we should ask for bi / gay characters next. seems to be the trend in gaming these days hehe

"Best fun you'll ever have for $8. Next!" - What my drill sergeant said after I threw my first grenade.
Message 52 of 158 (148 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1023 posts

Jul 4, 2012

mule-tool wrote:
Gorbad,
Listen to either the first or second starhawkradio.com interview that dylan did. He discusses why they were not going to do female charactures. Hitbox was one of the issues he mentioned.

Yeah, but that's called an "Excuse".  The model size differences between the heavy armour, and skinny clothing, and between the rifters and outcast, are much more varied than a simple chest / thigh adjustment on the human characters to make a girl.

The reason why there are no females, is because it would take extra work, and LBI probably doesn't think it's worth the time / effort.

Message 53 of 158 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1288 posts

Jul 4, 2012

THE_MANGAAS wrote:

mule-tool wrote:
Gorbad,
Listen to either the first or second starhawkradio.com interview that dylan did. He discusses why they were not going to do female characters. Hitbox was one of the issues he mentioned.

Yeah, but that's called an "Excuse".  The model size differences between the heavy armor, and skinny clothing, and between the rifters and outcast, are much more varied than a simple chest / thigh adjustment on the human characters to make a girl.

The reason why there are no females, is because it would take extra work, and LBI probably doesn't think it's worth the time / effort.

Well, the armor is different. I dabbled in CGI modeling a few years ago, and in programming terms there are things called "bones" that the "skin" is bound to (I know this sounds a little silly but it's true).  Now the animators animate the "bones" of the characters, and then whatever "skin" your character is wearing will move with the preprogrammed "bones."

But all the current customization options are essentially different clothing on the same body, none of them alter the player's movements.

But if you were to, say, make the shoulders just a little closer, this could really cause problems. Your hands, head, and waste may not look like the same body-type as your torso. Also, this would alter the "bones", and all of the animations would have to be redone for just that one torso to make sure you still hold your gun right, you still climb ladders right, and on and on.

So I completely believe LBI when they say this simply isn't worth all of the work and bugs that it would generate.

--------------( Semi-official Starhawk Suggestion Central (Updated 09-05-12)-----------------

----------------------------------------------------Built to Destroy----------------------------------------------------

Message 54 of 158 (134 Views)
Wastelander
627 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 5, 2012

Uncharted has female characters. But if LBI thinks it's not worth it... :shrug:

0 Likes
Fender Bender
3595 posts

Jul 5, 2012

I clearly remember when people were requesting this on the Warhawk forums and Dylan specifically said that while they couldn't add female characters to Warhawk, they were definitely adding them to their next game.

So i can only think of two options here:

1. Dylan lied.

2. LBI didn't have the technical ability to do it.

I don't know which i prefer, i mean, based on the outcome of the game, it seems pretty evident that LBI lacks a lot of expertise on various categories but having female characters in TPS games is something that many other recent games did apparently without much issue.

Photobucket
Message 56 of 158 (101 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1023 posts

Jul 5, 2012

Arron_Rift wrote:

Well, the armor is different. I dabbled in CGI modeling a few years ago, and in programming terms there are things called "bones" that the "skin" is bound to (I know this sounds a little silly but it's true).  Now the animators animate the "bones" of the characters, and then whatever "skin" your character is wearing will move with the preprogrammed "bones."

But all the current customization options are essentially different clothing on the same body, none of them alter the player's movements.

But if you were to, say, make the shoulders just a little closer, this could really cause problems. Your hands, head, and waste may not look like the same body-type as your torso. Also, this would alter the "bones", and all of the animations would have to be redone for just that one torso to make sure you still hold your gun right, you still climb ladders right, and on and on.

So I completely believe LBI when they say this simply isn't worth all of the work and bugs that it would generate.

The game already has a female model with animations in it.  So again, none of those excuses are the real problem...

the problem is: that having females means you need to have various options and skins for said females.  And that wasn't something LBI was willing to work on.

The game is bare-bones and half finished as it is.  The reason women are not in it has nothing to do with technical issues, lol.  it's 2012, female models are not something new to games. The game has great art and animation and modeling, so that's the only part of LBI that is proficient at anything, but then look at the "quality" of the single player campaign... lol, that's the type of developers we're dealing with here,  low budget.

Message 57 of 158 (98 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
49158 posts

Jul 5, 2012

SantyB2k wrote:

I want Sony to make a loadout that would'nt include Hawks or Tanks just everything that is on Ground Pounder so people could test their skills on hand guns and they can have duels.

Also i have another request from a friend of mines that wishes there would be a playable female character for multiplayer mode.

I think we are getting very small, troop only, DM maps...i hope anyway.

The female character thing isn't a big deal according to the ladies in my clan, they actually think that female characters would be bad because typically it would be guys using them anyway.

Message 58 of 158 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5809 posts

Jul 5, 2012

As a female gamer, its really not that big of a deal to me either way.  

It'd be kinda nice, but truthfully, when I'm in the zone, I'm not consciously aware of my avatar.

On the loadout - yes, they've said there's a real and true 'small' map/s coming with troop on troop DM.  I'm sure other modes will be available on these small maps, and said maps will never include vehicles due to their size.

Oh how I miss a good Closed Corridors or Olsavik village brawl....

Message 59 of 158 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1368 posts

Female Character Skins

Aug 21, 2012
There's an over abundance of guys in Starhawk. I get that the bigger demographic for the game is probably guys but we could use female character skins I think, or at least a dude with long hair. There was a gal in the story so it wouldn't be a stretch to put em in multiplayer and it would add a bit of variety.
 photo EZRASIG_zpsf85694e2.jpg
Message 60 of 158 (337 Views)