Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 06 2012
By: batenswytch Treasure Hunter 5809 posts

Off Topic Thread for an Off Topic World

[ Edited ]
2405 replies 1915 views Edited Dec 18, 2012

Let's see how this goes, shall we?  Perhaps we can get it stickied by the end of the day.... if not, we shall simply endeavor to keep it here, rather than be moved off into no man's land, where threads go to die.

RULES:  No jabs, pokes, or slander directed at one another. Let's keep our fingers out of everyone else's eyes.  That's not what this is for.  I know we all wake up on the wrong side of the bed or have a bad day and want to kick the dog when we get home, but let's make it a goal to not do that here... myself included.

TOPICS:  ANYTHING BUT Starhawk or Warhawk or anything related to them, Santa Monica, Dylan Jobe, LBi, etc.

Lets keep it relatively clean, have fun, share food ideas, talk about cars, women, Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool, Marvel Comics vs. everyone else, how awesome Stan Lee is, and if we could go on vacation to xyz, where would xyz be.

AND REMEMBER - we have young eyes and ears here.  Let's show the people in charge we can have nice things and take care of them.

Anyone wants to submit a link or thread to be catalogued below, feel free to PM me.

GO!

Links to other similar threads, like the POST YOUR PHOTOS thread, etc.:

STARHAWKERS! Post your Photos! (A collecton of photos of various members, their dogs, cats, cars, houses, kids, etc.)

Who Are You? (Brief bios of various members)

Starhawkers - What other Games Are you Playing?  (When we aren't playing SH, but are playing games, what are we playing?)

Fresh Prince of Starhawk:  A collection of rap and other song lyrics by community members.

In Game Music Thread:  What do YOU listen to when getting your game face on, or piloting a Hawk or driving a Tank?

Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 2,406 (1,915 Views)
Fender Bender
3293 posts

What Do you like to Eat?

[ Edited ]
Dec 8, 2012

I LOOOVE FOOOOOD!

It is delicious,

It is yummy,

It goes well with videos

It goes well with videogames.

What are your eating habits when you play the game, or when you're just eating? What do you eat at home regularly? What are you having for dinner tonight? My biggest vice is popcorn/sunflower seeds with videogames. But since I don't want to get my controller all greasy I end up licking the popcorn up straight from the bowl. (for shame....)

Just to let ya'll know this is the thread for ya'll get out your community Starhawk Eats!

this is me helping
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 2,406 (1,921 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5809 posts

Re: That SH food thread Bate wanted....

[ Edited ]
Nov 20, 2012

Nicely done sir.

Oh yeah, if you have pics, do provide them!

STARHAWK FOOD: Mudslides, coldbeer, Painkillers (NOT the pills - the drink).  I usually partake every time I die - which usually ='s a very messed up Bate about 5 minutes into any server.

USUAL stuff eaten at home:

LOTS of real Mexican food:

(fresh marinaded meat from the local Carniceria)

grillinstuff.jpg

Smoked Venison tenderloin, fresh corn, grilled; and Ranch red potato salad from this summer:

dinner.jpg

And Cajun:  (Blackened catfish)

Cajun.jpg

And sometimes stirfry seasoned with Garam Masala.

stirfry.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 2,406 (1,914 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Nov 20, 2012
I love columbian food. Maybe to an average american it may seem they make the same as dominican food, which they do but they make it different. Our green plantains are smushed and small, but when they make tostones, the way they cut the plaintain makes them super wide and flat.

I love rice and beans, they make theirs a little pale though.

But their steak. Its on par with american grills. Rice and beans and churrasco from a columbian restaraunt is ghfkoiahjfnbvxuiks..

^^^ that good.

this is me helping
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 2,406 (1,907 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5809 posts

Nov 20, 2012

Samokoske wrote:
I love columbian food. Maybe to an average american it may seem they make the same as dominican food, which they do but they make it different. Our green plantains are smushed and small, but when they make tostones, the way they cut the plaintain makes them super wide and flat.

I love rice and beans, they make theirs a little pale though.

But their steak. Its on par with american grills. Rice and beans and churrasco from a columbian restaraunt is ghfkoiahjfnbvxuiks..

^^^ that good.

I need to google some how to's on how to make this stuff.  Sounds like it would be delicious summer food.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 2,406 (1,905 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Nov 20, 2012
Since it's getting colder, some good yumyums is Mangu. Its not for everyone. But mashed plantains will last you ALL day if you eat it in the morning. Usually accompanied with fried cheese, and sausage patties.

this is me helping
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 2,406 (1,891 Views)
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Nov 20, 2012
Also fried or poached eggs for breakfast.

this is me helping
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 2,406 (1,889 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5809 posts

Nov 20, 2012

Like this?

Basic Mangu

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 2,406 (1,882 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Nov 20, 2012
Pretty much. My house doesn't eat it with milk while boiling, and be careful when you mash it. It can get hard, but you save the water from boiling to help soften the mash. Also butter will soften it. The onion sauce is a little strange to call it that, but fry onion with oil and vinegar (vinegar to oil content 2:1). It has a nice tang to mangu. and the cheese has to be particular. It is specifically a white cheese made for frying. Dont use your deep fryer for it, a pan with oil will do, and turn it over twice. Sooo good.

You know, I don't rewlly like mangu, but I'm hankering for some with cheese right now.

this is me helping
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 2,406 (1,866 Views)
Fender Bender
3080 posts

Nov 20, 2012

great now you made me hungry

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 2,406 (1,861 Views)