PlayStation MVP
46812 posts

Re: One year ago today...

Feb 26, 2013

Arron_Rift wrote:

...was the day that I downloaded the Starhawk Open Beta and actually played Starhawk for the first time :smileyvery-happy:

I had actually learned about it just a few months before, on Youtube of all places, when I happened to stumble upon the "Open Beta trailer."

Do any of you guys remember when you played Starhawk for the first time? And how did you first hear about it? (Considering Sony's advertising budget, I bet it wasn't from a commercial :smileytongue:)

I remember it was back in november of 2011.  I found out via the forums here, surprise :smileytongue:.  Then I checked my email and said "huh they said LBI was giving all warhawk generals early beta access, no email for me, i better talk to someone"  the next day I was playing CTF on scourge and space.    A short time later a clanmate with a PVR joined up in the beta too......check out some old private beta 1.0.7 footage.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 26 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2452 posts

Feb 26, 2013
I think December '11, when I got a private beta invite.
 photo FlashSig_zpsf2c14030.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 26 (111 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Feb 26, 2013

ManlyMisfit wrote:

Killer_Izac wrote:
(IM BEN)

Hey Ben, I thought you died.

I thought you had friends. I guess we were both wrong :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 26 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1282 posts

Feb 26, 2013

Dark-Quaker wrote:

i learned about warhawk in 2010, fell in love with it. googled warhawk II and discovered Starhawk. I purchased it in november last year, i was hooked. i am terrible at both games but i enjoy playing so......sorry if you end up on my team.

I got it january 2012. That was my beta time.

Sweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet Kitty

Emmett kitty is hungry.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 26 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1282 posts

Feb 26, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Arron_Rift wrote:

...was the day that I downloaded the Starhawk Open Beta and actually played Starhawk for the first time :smileyvery-happy:

I had actually learned about it just a few months before, on Youtube of all places, when I happened to stumble upon the "Open Beta trailer."

Do any of you guys remember when you played Starhawk for the first time? And how did you first hear about it? (Considering Sony's advertising budget, I bet it wasn't from a commercial :smileytongue:)

I remember it was back in november of 2011.  I found out via the forums here, surprise :smileytongue:.  Then I checked my email and said "huh they said LBI was giving all warhawk generals early beta access, no email for me, i better talk to someone"  the next day I was playing CTF on scourge and space.    A short time later a clanmate with a PVR joined up in the beta too......check out some old private beta 1.0.7 footage.

What? No doritos in the hawk?

Sweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet Kitty

Emmett kitty is hungry.
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 26 (90 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
46812 posts

Feb 27, 2013

Notice the old warhawk recticle, cracked screen, way more XP, quad swarms........things were different lol

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 26 (85 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Feb 27, 2013
Was starhawk really unbalanced during the beta? I heard somebody say that.
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 26 (78 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
857 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 27, 2013

I still have the announcement on my DVR.

:smileysurprised:

Edit: what ever happened to SoCo's gigantic thread about it?

photo Jumping-Flash_zps65309ef3.png
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 26 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1351 posts

Feb 27, 2013
super, the shotgun's range was VERY far. They toned it down eventually, though.
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 26 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1043 posts

Feb 27, 2013

Dark-Quaker wrote:

i learned about warhawk in 2010, fell in love with it. googled warhawk II and discovered Starhawk. I purchased it in november last year, i was hooked. i am terrible at both games but i enjoy playing so......sorry if you end up on my team.

I'm always down to be on your team, and I think you kill me more than anyone when I play against you

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 26 (63 Views)
0 Likes