Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

Re: Outposts RUIN Assault

Oct 13, 2012
regarding BRing the attacking team, that's gives an advantage to the attackers, as they take down bases guarded by less enemies...cuz they're all BRing in assault mode. like tools.
Message 11 of 57 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1765 posts

Oct 14, 2012

I disagree.  I like assault. Without outpost there is practically no way any attacking team would succeed.  If you like all games ending in a draw, then get rid of outposts. 

One of my biggest pet peeves about starhawk is how the gameplay in most modes (excluding zones) revolves around spawning in the main base and then traveling to the action (ie, lack of capturable bases or sustainable forward bases). In this mode players actually choose to spawn outside of the main base.  I find that refreshing.

Also, don't forget that you can steal hawks and tanks from the attacking team (hacker). This at least gives you an option for hard to reach outposts.

Photobucket
Message 12 of 57 (193 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1062 posts

Oct 14, 2012
what i dont like about otpousts is that they are so dirt cheap that their value has gone down faster than the euro Smiley Frustrated
Message 13 of 57 (184 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1368 posts

Oct 14, 2012
I understand using outposts to get closer to the enemy faster but the game shouldn't let you build outposts in the red zone. Solves the issue overall for people that want em gone and the attackers can get closer without spawning right inside the capture-able area. Its fair.

Placing 3 or 4 outposts in a base is playing like a pansy regardless of the mode or situation. I attack without em and win more often than not. Its a cop out.
 photo EZRASIG_zpsf85694e2.jpg
Message 14 of 57 (170 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7276 posts

Oct 14, 2012
I love outpost. They are never a problem because in assault, there is always a maw or grinder near enough to destroy the outposts. Outpost make the defending team switch their strategy while acting as a decoy. Outposts hate grinders, maws, or any other explotion. So they are never a problem.
Message 15 of 57 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Oct 14, 2012
Assault would be like 10x more fun without outposts, but I don't see LBI completely removin them anytime soon. Right now, the game hinges on who can bombard the enemy base with more drop pods fastest.
Please do something to make Assault live up to its name, instead of letting it just become Drop-Pod-kill-Race Mode.

A proposed solution: allow the attacking team to SPAWN at the captured bases (since they're taken over). Solves the distance problem, while still requiring the attacking team to mount an intelligent or just massive offensive, instead of just dropping pods on the enemies own bases.
Message 16 of 57 (163 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1062 posts

Oct 14, 2012
or...raise the cost to 6 rift.
Message 17 of 57 (155 Views)
Lombax Warrior
64 posts

Oct 14, 2012
I played assault on dust in a nearly full 32 player server and the amount of outposts that were spawned by the attacking team was unbeleivable! think that was all they spawned lol outpost after outpost! I switched to hacker and after turning an outpost then reclaiming it for rift I find 5 more lol....maybe they should limit the amount of outposts that can be built Smiley Happy

that game was awesome though, my team lost 4/5 (we were attacking first) but i'm in it for the FUN of it all so win or loss I still had blast!

i'd say if a couple of your team has hacker equipped then you have a chance of reclaiming a lot of outposts and a lot of rift but that would quickly become a race to destroy outposts...pretty boring lol

one or two outposts per base capture (if two are built tgen you cant build anymore til either the enemy destroys one or you move onto the next base) would this work? maybe, maybe not lol
Message 18 of 57 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
1765 posts

Oct 14, 2012

I am surprised by the number of people who think getting rid of outposts is a good thing. Imagine how tedious gameplay would be without them. Spawn, get equipped, get vehicle, travel distance to the enemy's tiny circle that is surrounded by 13 turrets, 2 bunkers, 7 guys with shotty, maw, and grinders, then die. Rinse in repeat the entire game.  That sounds awful to me... but a lot of you think ground pounder is fun also.

i get the concerns about outposts that cannot be reached by the other team. That seems like a reasonable concern, but you should always at least be able to hit it with a maw.  Outpost that can be reached can be destroyed in under 3 seconds with a grinder. If an enemy spawns into your base he has only 3 rift, so he can not spawn another one without collecting rift or getting a kill first.

i think outpost are great for the game and I hope LBI doesn't take any of this seriously. If they made certain unreachable locations "no outpost zones", I would not argue. But any changes beyond that would be a mistake.

Photobucket
Message 19 of 57 (144 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7276 posts

Oct 14, 2012
Outpost need to stay how they are. If they put a restriction on them, then they might as well put restrictions on everything else.

Solution: ignore outpost!

Ignoring outpost is the simpleist thing. EMP those things and they are not a problem lond enough to destroy them. They are NEVER a problem unless they are ontop of your base. Even then they are not a problem due to all the chaos and explotions, it will be gone eventually. Its not like you are playing arena where the enemy spawns in under a second. When an outpost pops up, you have 3 seconds from the time you see the beam to the time that pod hits the ground. That is alot of time with a grinder. With a maw, you will need more time, but that is what team work is for.
Message 20 of 57 (119 Views)