Don't you agree?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 57 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2611 posts

Re: Outposts RUIN Assault

Oct 13, 2012
Assault ruins assault. Its by far the worst designed game mode. It would be a little better if the attacking team had to respawn after capturing a base but for me it's just awful. As it is right now it's based on who can set up the most outposts and if the team on the defense doesn't have grizzlies they're screwed. Without jp, a grizzly or a hawk how would you remove an outpost from the pipes in scourge? I literally ran through a team last night that had us outnumbered because they didn't have any grizzlies. Its more about outposts then skill with this mode.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 57 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Oct 13, 2012

Every match ends with a trail of Outposts leading to the final base. I would play with  Trooper, but that loadout has nothing to combat hawks.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 57 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1094 posts

Oct 13, 2012

I can't say I agree.

Besides, how do you propose the attackers ever make it to the second and third and forth and then fifth bases without them?  The only thing left would be to see how it works with the bases that the attackers overtake would then turn to allow them to spawn there, like in Zones... but that would still require a match time of like 45 minutes to give any real expectation of the attackers ever winning.

The defenders just need to make sure they have a couple of dedicated guys with the Grinder Skill on anti-outpost duty.  That easily takes care of outpost spam and forces the attackers to get more creative about how they're using them and it balances right back out.

photo StubbornPuppetSig2011-1.gif
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 57 (289 Views)
Wastelander
747 posts

Oct 13, 2012

Assault would be practically impossible to win without outposts :smileytongue:

And I personally think themode is perfect. Hawks are basically of no use for the attacking team, and the different loadouts are very balanced in my opinion.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 57 (287 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1980 posts

Oct 13, 2012

Completely agree. 

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 57 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

Oct 13, 2012
Alls you have to do on defense is keep enemies out of the circle. Just focus on that. I never leave the circle, and our team usually wins. Let them build the outposts, its just more meat for my grinder!
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 57 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2066 posts

Oct 13, 2012

Not really, for an Outpost to be effective at all in Assault you have to place it in or very close to the enemy spawn point and if its that close it in range of enemy fire. You will most likely have atleast one player running the Grinder skill (Which in my opinion is the most effective skill when it comes to defending in Assault) and if not, why not use it yourself?

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 57 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Oct 13, 2012

My problem is that people will come in and place like four outposts and if we bring down one two more pop up until the base is lost. Assault is probably my favorite mode when people aren't spamming Outposts or BRing the attacking team.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 57 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2611 posts

Oct 13, 2012
You guys aren't getting what I'm laying down lol

You grinder all you want but when I place one on a pipe WAY up in scourge you're not getting it regardless of how many grinders you have. Not mention and I forgot this one, when I use team leader and just casually fly back and forth way up in your little circle you can't touch me and neither will your bt's.

Epic I normally agree with you on things but hawks are really effective in this mode. Not only for the reason stated above but when you spawn at your new base and find 3 hawks already there with shield on your drop pods don't mean anything and your base is already half down by that time.

Another stupid flaw is after the 2nd team attacks why would the game continue after that team scores the winning base? I've seen games go 15 minutes after the fact and its all for naught.

Sorry guys this mode just seems really poorly made and executed.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 57 (254 Views)
0 Likes