Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 13 2013
By: Arron_Rift Uncharted Territory 1288 posts

PS4 exodus?

22 replies 250 views Edited Nov 13, 2013

Well guys, our beloved PS3 will officially cease to be the latest and greatest this friday. :smileysurprised:

Personally, I'm going to hold off on upgrading, and I was curious who else is as well.

Also, how do you guys think this will affect Starhawk and the forums? Similar to GTA V?

--------------( Semi-official Starhawk Suggestion Central (Updated 09-05-12)-----------------

----------------------------------------------------Built to Destroy----------------------------------------------------

Message 1 of 23 (250 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2642 posts

Re: PS4 exodus?

Nov 13, 2013

i don't plan on getting a ps4 for at least a year or when a price reduction/slimmer model comes out...

and as far as how starhawk might be affected... 

Message 2 of 23 (246 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1288 posts

Nov 13, 2013

a_leenail1992 wrote:

i don't plan on getting a ps4 for at least a year or when a price reduction/slimmer model comes out...

Well, I guess more importantly to me is how the community nights might be affected, as that's the main day I still play nowadays :smileytongue:

--------------( Semi-official Starhawk Suggestion Central (Updated 09-05-12)-----------------

----------------------------------------------------Built to Destroy----------------------------------------------------

Message 3 of 23 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Pistol Proficinado
590 posts

Nov 13, 2013

a_leenail1992 wrote:

I plan on doing the same thing. I might get one sooner if another RTS / Shooter hybrid comes out, but I doubt it will happen anytime soon.

As for Starhawk community nights, as long as there is a decent server population, I'll still be playing.

Message 4 of 23 (235 Views)
PistoI Proficianado
1148 posts

Nov 13, 2013

I'm getting a PS4 day one.

I will still make it nearly every week, if not every week, for quite awhile. :robothappy:

Message 5 of 23 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1094 posts

Nov 13, 2013

I'm not buying a PS4.  I honestly wanted a Wii U more than a PS4... but now that ship has sailed too (unless they release a new Metroid game).  I spent every penny, and more, that I would have had for a new console on replacing my aging and broken PC.  I now have an ultra-mega computer so that I can run the latest graphic design software and stay a little bit "future-proof".  Fun part is that the requirements for my software are higher than the highest requirements for new games like BF4... so I can play PC games now.

I still prefer the guaranteed simplicity of console gaming and being able to sit on my butt on the couch in front of the big screen, but that was not my fate this generation.  At least my PS3 controller works for my PC bluetooth gaming and I can buy a long HDMI cable to get the picture over to my TV... so I can go back to playing games from the comfort of my sofa. :smileyhappy:

As long as my PS3 still works and people are playing Starhawk Wednesdays, I'll be there when I can.

photo StubbornPuppetSig2011-1.gif
Message 6 of 23 (224 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1288 posts

Nov 14, 2013

StubbornPuppet wrote:

I'm not buying a PS4.  I honestly wanted a Wii U more than a PS4... but now that ship has sailed too (unless they release a new Metroid game).  I spent every penny, and more, that I would have had for a new console on replacing my aging and broken PC.  I now have an ultra-mega computer so that I can run the latest graphic design software and stay a little bit "future-proof".  Fun part is that the requirements for my software are higher than the highest requirements for new games like BF4... so I can play PC games now.

I still prefer the guaranteed simplicity of console gaming and being able to sit on my butt on the couch in front of the big screen, but that was not my fate this generation.  At least my PS3 controller works for my PC bluetooth gaming and I can buy a long HDMI cable to get the picture over to my TV... so I can go back to playing games from the comfort of my sofa. :smileyhappy:

As long as my PS3 still works and people are playing Starhawk Wednesdays, I'll be there when I can.

I recently got a gaming pc too and personally, I'm thinking it pc may actually be better than consols nowadays...

Message 7 of 23 (218 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6540 posts

Nov 14, 2013
F next gen. I'm staying on my ps3 for about another year!

I hate next gen, it shall kill current gen, plus no more ps3 games!!!!!!
Message 8 of 23 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6540 posts

Nov 14, 2013
But yah starhawk is at its end....
Message 9 of 23 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1288 posts

Nov 14, 2013

thesupertman wrote:
But yah starhawk is at its end....

well...I agree that it is past it's prime, but are you thinking it's worse off then Warhawk? All game's eventually reach a holding pattern that lasts for years, and I suspect that Starhawk is probably approaching that low-but-consistent point.

Message 10 of 23 (203 Views)