Pistol Proficinado
588 posts

Re: Have Some Honor.

Jul 31, 2012

armyluke wrote:
I bowed for someone in Dark Souls, he ran behind me and stuck a prickly sword up my **bleep**, ever since then I have been a very dishonorable person.

It could have been worse. He could have lag-stabbed you from 1 or 11'oclock :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 195 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1790 posts

Jul 31, 2012

armyluke wrote:

I bowed for someone in Dark Souls, he ran behind me and stuck a prickly sword up my **bleep**, ever since then I have been a very dishonorable person.

I don't know if i should laugh.

rndmjosh.png
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 195 (295 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

Jul 31, 2012
I understand the frustration but disagree with OP.

People shouldn't ever hold back unless they want to that's how I get better. Sometimes people simply don't care about you and could care less. Same can be applied to "why doesn't anyone use mic"

The end to your problem is in the dev's management of the herd.

They could take Killzone 2's server approach. Automatically matches the better team with another team thats been dominting from another server.

You could change the player team ratio as one team dominates the other.

The game is a lot of fun when the teams are competitive

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 195 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1811 posts

Jul 31, 2012

If I baserape (this includes clan members) we give the enemy team time to build like a minute. Or we build them hawkpads.

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 195 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1991 posts

Jul 31, 2012

I agree with you arvada and Kudos for you. This game would be a lot better if more people would do things like that.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 195 (256 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
292 posts

Jul 31, 2012

ojisan_neo wrote:
I understand the frustration but disagree with OP.

People shouldn't ever hold back unless they want to that's how I get better. Sometimes people simply don't care about you and could care less. Same can be applied to "why doesn't anyone use mic"

The end to your problem is in the dev's management of the herd.

They could take Killzone 2's server approach. Automatically matches the better team with another team thats been dominting from another server.

You could change the player team ratio as one team dominates the other.

The game is a lot of fun when the teams are competitive

That sounds like it would be pretty fun, the dominant teams square off against each other...how would that work though I doubt you have these games finishing and rotating at the SAME time. dont know if the player base is large enough to pull it off.

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 195 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

Jul 31, 2012
There would be official Starhawk servers and all would be in the same map rotation. sycn'd
Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 195 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
379 posts

Jul 31, 2012
I personally would not like it if an opponent of mine built me a hawk pad. I'd kinda feel disrespected. I'm okay with my opponents being ruthless with me, it's a war game. Keeps me sharp. It may take a little time, my KDR will probably suffer (unless they really suck), and chances are the first bunker I make will almost instantly get torpedoed, but I WILL find a way to kill my opponent and take back the game.
I personally prefer being in servers where I'm outmatched because otherwise I get bored. I always play games on super hard or hard: I like it when the odds are stacked against me.
Only people who I feel have no honor are those that never approach you in the air without cloak, or are cloaked like 80% of the time they're in the air (exaggeration). I've played games where one guy seems to kill me a few times, yet every time I'm in the air looking to kill them, they're nowhere to be found. Then I land and they cloak stomp you or switch to clusters or something. I call those cloak stalkers. They only die like once a game because they spend the whole game hiding.
Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 195 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

Jul 31, 2012

@ArVaDa-: you addressing the wrong kind of players. they, who are baseraped should show some honor by staying on the server and fight. Equip Bruiser, Heavy Weapon or Point Man, spam turrets like a madman and show the opponent what you're made of. One reason why baseraping is so "successful" is, that the losing team starts quitting, what makes turning the tides next too impossible. I suspect that the quitters are more worried about KDR, W/L,... than the baserapers.

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 195 (199 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
928 posts

Jul 31, 2012

mambojevi wrote:
I personally would not like it if an opponent of mine built me a hawk pad. I'd kinda feel disrespected. I'm okay with my opponents being ruthless with me, it's a war game. Keeps me sharp. It may take a little time, my KDR will probably suffer (unless they really suck), and chances are the first bunker I make will almost instantly get torpedoed, but I WILL find a way to kill my opponent and take back the game.
I personally prefer being in servers where I'm outmatched because otherwise I get bored. I always play games on super hard or hard: I like it when the odds are stacked against me.
Only people who I feel have no honor are those that never approach you in the air without cloak, or are cloaked like 80% of the time they're in the air (exaggeration). I've played games where one guy seems to kill me a few times, yet every time I'm in the air looking to kill them, they're nowhere to be found. Then I land and they cloak stomp you or switch to clusters or something. I call those cloak stalkers. They only die like once a game because they spend the whole game hiding.

I don't think that it was a sign of disrespect at all. It was 1 v 5 at that point as everyone on his team was long gone. He was a really great pilot and when I shot him down there were a bunch of noobs in his base tearing down all his building and running around with rocket launchers. There was no real chance of him getting back in the air that game. I laid down the hawk pad as a sign of respect because he was actually a challenge for me in the air. I think he understood that and appreciated it. Most people would have just clustered and flak him on the ground because they realized he would be too hard to shoot down once he was in the air. That is the kind of thing that I wish people would stop doing. 

Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 195 (190 Views)