Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
4677 posts

Re: Have Some Honor.

Jan 7, 2013

People who are looking to bring balance between the Hawk and other objects in this game need to realize the Hawk is also the most complicated vehicle to operate, therefore balancing out damage from something that takes 0 effort and the hawk, is really unbalancing the game.

I agree with Armyluke here every change seems to make the Hawk lower on the foodchain.

Message 151 of 195 (145 Views)
PlayStation MVP
13630 posts

Jan 7, 2013

armyluke wrote:

PhoenixArcher128 wrote:

armyluke wrote:

PhoenixArcher128 wrote:

armyluke wrote:

I know that and right now Hawks are the bottom of the food chain.

LOLOL

Can a tank run away, stealth or shield? Can a Razorback? Sidewinder? Grizzly? Nope...and neither can troops (jetacks give troops another weakness, lock-ons, which can lead them to be taken out easily with swarms by a Mech.

A tank can take 3 shots from a MAW and doesn't have a lock-on

If you can't hit a tank with a rocket, you're the one with problems. Also, it costs double the rift a Hawk does. EDIT: think it also takes 3 grenades and there's the ever-effective mined-sidewinder approach I'm in a Hawk hows that of use? You can't divebomb it with Homers, Swarms, MG, Flack, Clusters or a Torp, all without it being able to hurt you in any way? You sure you're a pilot?, same with the Razorback 2 Rockets or grenades will kill it, the Grizzly Again, two rockets or grenades, though the rifle/MG is better just has to bunny hop and the sidewinder is the fastest ground vehicle in the game the weakest with no guns has lock-on and can be taken out with some good KR/MG aiming. What it has in speed and agility it lacks in power. And its easy to take one out with the MG.

The only reason people complain about CBs is because they're too lazy or just not good enough to counter them, the Bunker which costs 4 rift can take more than 8 of those things Or 1 near-hit from a Torp. Yes because every Hawk has a Torp, forgetting that its the rarest weapon in the game? OK, so you can't divebomb it like a Tank either, completely safe from people inside the bunker?

The BTs can atleast put them under pressure Turret Jammer!. Have to sacrifice more important skills. If there's a lot of turrets, Turret Jammer IS one of the more important skills. Unless, of course, you need Engine Mods in order to scrub missiles...

The Vulture Pack can get you off the ground Again, Swarms will kill JPs fast. Which is why if you press O or X it scrubs all missiles. Doesn't work at close range, and not if you touch down just as the Hawk releases the Swarms. I've taken out a LOT of JPs with Swarms from a Mech, BTW

The Grizzly can knock out Hawk secondary fire MG/Stomp is better against them anyway. No it isn't you have no idea what you're talking about, I'd being able to scrub Swarms before commenting on the Hawks power. Umm...you're talking to someone who can scrub swarms in AF effortlessly, without Engine Mods, and can scrub Homers in AF, without Engine Mods, probably 70-80% of the time...so yeah...I think I can talk about this...

I see the same people complaining about A2G Flak and CBs that are complaining about CAF, if you're too lazy to 'Get good' you might aswell play the Wii. So...what are you still doing here, complaining that the most powerful vehicle isn't powerful enough? I've already said its not powerful enough. Even though its the most powerful thing in the game, it needs more power...right...

Message 152 of 195 (139 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13630 posts

Jan 7, 2013

IRRES169 wrote:

People who are looking to bring balance between the Hawk and other objects in this game need to realize the Hawk is also the most complicated vehicle to operate, therefore balancing out damage from something that takes 0 effort and the hawk, is really unbalancing the game.

I agree with Armyluke here every change seems to make the Hawk lower on the foodchain.

When you're at the top, there's no place to go other than down.

And somehow, despite all these "nerfs", the Hawk is still at the top...

Message 153 of 195 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2066 posts

Jan 7, 2013

Exactly what IRRES said, the Hawk requires a lot of skill to operate.

You could say the same for infantry combat, but its definately not as hard as a Hawk.

Everyone who is saying the Hawk is the most powerful vehicle in the game are probably using their experiences from playing against the best pilots in the game.

When really there are very few in the game that can fly a Hawk and dominate, but a lot that can drive a tank or operate a Grizzly.

Message 154 of 195 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4677 posts

Jan 7, 2013

I will be the first to admit the Grizzly takes very little skill to operate, I play so infrequently I can get on and dominate with it.

It might be my inner Grizzly...but unlikely. :smileytongue:

Message 155 of 195 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6424 posts

Jan 7, 2013
@IRRESS

I think it's your inner grizzly.

I find that the grizzly takes a lot of skill because a KR can easily take it out. Grizzlys are almost against hawks. I would say it takes more skill than the tank.
Message 156 of 195 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2066 posts

Jan 7, 2013

Anyways, back on topic.

I dont reallly care about the 'Honour Code' in SH, unless its a player I know and like. Why? Because most of the random players in SH are wankers.

Message 157 of 195 (113 Views)
I Only Post Everything
928 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 7, 2013

wow thanks balls for bumping this :smileyindifferent: but here are my thoughts now that its been about 4 months sense i made this post.

It seems like being known as someone who is an air to ground only type of pilot has a bad enough rap that not a whole lot of people go out of their way anymore to keep someone out of the air once they are initially shot down. At least in my circle of player i play with/against it is a pretty accepted practice to let someone get back up in the air after you shoot them down. The lack of competitive pilots out there is so small right now that anyone who actually puts up a good fight in the air is someone you want to have stay in the server. Not make them rage quit by being a complete **bleep** noob and A2Gng them.

Clan battles are different of course where anything goes, which is fine. 

Also hawks are still the best weapon in the game. A single person in a hawk who knows what they are doing can change an entire game. Cluster bombs only require more aiming but are still just as effective as they were before.

Message 158 of 195 (109 Views)
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Jan 7, 2013
Basically what I said, Arvada.

this is me helping
Message 159 of 195 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2493 posts

Jan 7, 2013

PhoenixArcher128 wrote:

armyluke wrote:

I know that and right now Hawks are the bottom of the food chain.

(and if you get killed by a tank in mid-air, you should be congratuating that tank driver for his aim).

If this is so, I demand some congradulations from you. Even if you were in the middle of transforming. :smileywink:

Message 160 of 195 (126 Views)