Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
47908 posts

Re: Have Some Honor.

Jul 31, 2012

AmnesiaHazeMMXI wrote:
Hmmmkayyyy I am in the wrong thread :smileywink: sorry noobs.

LOL I was going to say "maybe i'm misreading this thread"  LOL

Please use plain text.
Message 71 of 195 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Jul 31, 2012

I see people base rape but when the next round kicks in and they die twice from clusters they leave and not even try lmao.I just stick in cause it dont matter to me i just play 4 games max and go outside to kick it after. 

Please use plain text.
Message 72 of 195 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2176 posts

Jul 31, 2012

BellyRanks wrote:
I being a member of Base Rape R Us, will say on behalf of our organization say: There is no Honor in Starhawk, gotta base rape chicken noobies being a "video game bully" that is my creed.

Yes,and I am a proud member of that organization:smileyhappy: If i let 1 hawk  get up there surely be 5 coming at me enjoying my kindness.

Dark-Wallpaper-Gothic-Background_zps160a06ac-1_zps1cd2b98f photo Dark-Wallpaper-Gothic-Background_zps160a06ac-1_zps1cd2b98f-1_zps1e55fc20.jpg
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wii bowling : dream 4 Arvada 2 GG Arvada

Wii tennis : dream 3 Stash 1 GG that last shot rite on the line.
Please use plain text.
Message 73 of 195 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2248 posts

Jul 31, 2012

Sooner or later games will be more real than you think and honor will play a role just as it does in many things.

Also, Philly, not everybody wants to wait around for a bunch of idiots to play tag and beat them back constantly. For some people we would rather just not play.

Please use plain text.
Message 74 of 195 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2176 posts

Jul 31, 2012

TrouzzzerSnake wrote:

dreamcaster21 wrote:

7 v 2 and your clan shut down there server? Maybe you should have took bus up on his clan offer.:smileyhappy: 

To clarify - the server had even numbers of players throughout all games.  Players would switch teams to keep it even.

I don't really think it is a slight against the WYLD clan to not enjoy a spinning-baserape in a server titled WYLD_FUN.  At a certain point, it stops being fun

With missiles being useless, and the other team making sure to always grab the flak as it spawns, I don't understand how to counter this.  Nor did the other players in the match.  I certainly don't speak for the clan.  I'm just a casual player - I play video games casually, not competetively - I play to have fun.  When it stops being fun...

@dreamcaster - WYLD is a great bunch of guys - I'm happy to be a part of it.

Perhaps players of that 'caliber' should avoid casual servers.  If your KDR is 25.0 in a match, wouldn't you want to look for players more your 'skill' level?

You would think a clan server would be expecting competetion.

Dark-Wallpaper-Gothic-Background_zps160a06ac-1_zps1cd2b98f photo Dark-Wallpaper-Gothic-Background_zps160a06ac-1_zps1cd2b98f-1_zps1e55fc20.jpg
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wii bowling : dream 4 Arvada 2 GG Arvada

Wii tennis : dream 3 Stash 1 GG that last shot rite on the line.
Please use plain text.
Message 75 of 195 (171 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
928 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 31, 2012

TrouzzzerSnake wrote:

dreamcaster21 wrote:

7 v 2 and your clan shut down there server? Maybe you should have took bus up on his clan offer.:smileyhappy: 

To clarify - the server had even numbers of players throughout all games.  Players would switch teams to keep it even.

I don't really think it is a slight against the WYLD clan to not enjoy a spinning-baserape in a server titled WYLD_FUN.  At a certain point, it stops being fun

With missiles being useless, and the other team making sure to always grab the flak as it spawns, I don't understand how to counter this.  Nor did the other players in the match.  I certainly don't speak for the clan.  I'm just a casual player - I play video games casually, not competetively - I play to have fun.  When it stops being fun...

Perhaps players of that 'caliber' should avoid casual servers.  If your KDR is 25.0 in a match, wouldn't you want to look for players more your 'skill' level?

When I first joined in the dogfight server it was a lot of people from WYLD. I don't know the exact number but usually clans offer more of a challenge then other servers. Then the next round started and it was like 7 WYLD vs Me and like 2-3 noobs. I think it was your clan leader who switched over and tried to recruit me, i even got a clan inv after.

I am going to have a high kdr regardless of the room I join in unless its only the really good pilots on the other team. I also play in a lot of dogfight servers against my clanmates as well but they aren't always on. It is just hard to find really good servers, other then bow2 clan stacking 15 people in a room and baseraping anyone they can. 

Please use plain text.
Message 76 of 195 (169 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
928 posts

Jul 31, 2012

AmnesiaHazeMMXI wrote:
What about the random noob who sat through 2 rounds of me crushing his team? He finally gets to be my teammate on round three and I am suppossed to switch teams and go against him again ? All because some forumer might make a thread saying there's no honour in this game and I'm too good to be baseraped. B**** Please, you all just noobies.

Your post makes no sense as I read through it twice trying to understand how this relates to my OP. I am assuming that if we were to look at your hawk stats you have more cluster bomb kills then any other weapon? 

This thread was made to encourage people to actually let other people play and have a chance to compete against the other team. If you think base ravaging noobs makes you good then you are sadly mistaken. 

Please use plain text.
Message 77 of 195 (169 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
47908 posts

Jul 31, 2012

ArVaDa- wrote:

TrouzzzerSnake wrote:

dreamcaster21 wrote:

When I first joined in the dogfight server it was a lot of people from WYLD. I don't know the exact number but usually clans offer more of a challenge then other servers. Then the next round started and it was like 7 WYLD vs Me and like 2-3 noobs. I think it was your clan leader who switched over and tried to recruit me, i even got a clan inv after.

I am going to have a high kdr regardless of the room I join in unless its only the really good pilots on the other team. I also play in a lot of dogfight servers against my clanmates as well but they aren't always on. It is just hard to find really good servers, other then bow2 clan stacking 15 people in a room and baseraping anyone they can. 

arvada you might enjoy one of the BHD servers when they are up...typically they describe the game mode (zones, Zones/CTF, Mixed modes, All modes) and end with "- 32 players".

My clan will switch over to keep teams balanced out and when we end up all on the same team we actually try to END THE GAME instead of just letting you get pounded in the homebase. 

I could always use a high caliber pilot in the room to help me get better.

Please use plain text.
Message 78 of 195 (158 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
928 posts

Jul 31, 2012

CarcharodonKraz wrote:

i must say i completely, but respectfully disagree with your post.  Most of the games i can find are classic beta or heavyweights.  There have been COUNTLESS times, where the skill level is somewhat even except for one thing... there is ONE really good pilot in the game and he is not on my team.  Taking out and enemy hawkport (sorry i don't know the proper name) is a good strategy for me as a very good driver.  in fact, i get very tired of HAVING to sprint to the enemy base as fast as possible to make sure they don't have hawks, cause if they do, i'm done for.  If i'm on the ground i get clustered, if i'm in the air i get out-piloted.  So it just makes sense for me to diffuse the enemy's best weapon and try to keep the game on the ground.  In the end it's all about strategy and many opponents have found ways around mine.  If you have a headset, see if you can delegate someone to strictlly guarding the base.  It is the most elementary way to keep yourself able to fly.  Many of my matches no one can hear me, and i feel obligated to play defense since no one else is.  But then again it's all about choice.  I love this game the way it is for it's strategy.  I feel if you thinkiing strategy through most of the game you shouldn't find yourself in a game too lopsided.  UNLESS (and this is what i feel like your post's title should really address.)  you are in a game where 4 people on the same team leave and it is now a 6 on 2.  That is the single biggest issue in the multiplayer arena in my opinion.  And that is a game where HONOR could really make a difference.  I've have switched teams so many times in a match to TRY and even things up, but i have NEVER  seen another player do it.  We have all felt the cold sting of a way outnumbered game.  I wish there was a simple answer to this problem.  When i host game i'll actually request players switch if the teams get ounumbered by more than one (i always switch first), and if they don't i boot them to keep numbers even.  I haven't had to do it yet.  I have a feeling it's only a matter of time.  That is one instance where i feel base ravaging is a total crime.  6 people can take on 2 no matter what they build with their 3 rift at respawn.    whew!  sorry for the length.  Hope this gives a different perspective though.  w/out the strategy you might as well play a simulator.  But hawks only would be a pretty cool mode.  along with an automatic team switcher option.  k, i'm done... promise.

Not really what I am talking about. If you are taking out hawk pads in a semi balanced team then that is, like you said strategy. I am more talking about the 1 v 4 or 2 v 6 situation were people in the other team want to hover over your base and shoot you with clusters and destroy your hawks (hawk pads) before you even have a chance to get up. I am talking about the clans that stack against noobs and hover around in jetpacks shooting rockets right as people spawn in and taking out hawk pads when they try to get in the air. 

I guess it is kind of hard to explain what I am talking about, but I guess if there was a such thing as sportsmanship in starhawk then that is what I am talking about.

Please use plain text.
Message 79 of 195 (156 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
928 posts

Jul 31, 2012

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

ArVaDa- wrote:

TrouzzzerSnake wrote:

dreamcaster21 wrote:

arvada you might enjoy one of the BHD servers when they are up...typically they describe the game mode (zones, Zones/CTF, Mixed modes, All modes) and end with "- 32 players".

My clan will switch over to keep teams balanced out and when we end up all on the same team we actually try to END THE GAME instead of just letting you get pounded in the homebase. 

I could always use a high caliber pilot in the room to help me get better.

Ya i will definately take you up on that offer. Souther_Comfort is a good pilot too so hopefully I can fly against him a little bit. 

Please use plain text.
Message 80 of 195 (264 Views)
0 Likes